Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
NateM wrote:
Thank you sir!

Interestingly enough, the article is dated September 19th and refers to "2012". I wonder idly if the 11% increase refers to:

1. Applicants in all rounds who matriculated in 2012.
2. Applicants in calendar 2012 (matriculating in 2012 and 2013) up until September 19th.
3. Extremely early R1 applicants matriculating in 2013 only.

I have to think only #1 makes any sense. If that's the case, there's no telling what this year looks like. In any case, nice catch!

I sure hope I am wrong. I also thought that #1 could be possible, but when they said applications this year I figured in the entire 2012 without respect to any particular matriculation date. For instance, this time last year we had x applicants, this time this year we have 110% of x
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBACLASS2013 wrote:
Meanwhile, anyone interviewed for R1 yet in this forum?
I heard it is a completely blind interview, as in the interviewer has no knowledge of your essays, GMAT score. Even the resume is provided to interviewer in real time.

I'm with you on every point except the last one. I never heard that the resume is provided in real time and instead heard that the resume was given to them beforehand for reviewing.

Ironically however, when I look at the questions for past EWMBA applicants, I never see any specific questions with regard to the resume -- only generic why mba, why now, why haas questions. It would stand to reason that if they reviewed your resume beforehand they'd ask you detailed resume questions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
pinchharmonic wrote:
NateM wrote:
Thank you sir!

Interestingly enough, the article is dated September 19th and refers to "2012". I wonder idly if the 11% increase refers to:

1. Applicants in all rounds who matriculated in 2012.
2. Applicants in calendar 2012 (matriculating in 2012 and 2013) up until September 19th.
3. Extremely early R1 applicants matriculating in 2013 only.

I have to think only #1 makes any sense. If that's the case, there's no telling what this year looks like. In any case, nice catch!

I sure hope I am wrong. I also thought that #1 could be possible, but when they said applications this year I figured in the entire 2012 without respect to any particular matriculation date. For instance, this time last year we had x applicants, this time this year we have 110% of x

One additional factor: I imagine there will be nonzero cannibalization from the new executive mba program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
Send PM
MBACLASS2013 wrote:
I heard it is a completely blind interview, as in the interviewer has no knowledge of your essays, GMAT score. Even the resume is provided to interviewer in real time.

I was interviewed earlier this week and it was a blind interview. The questions were around, "Walk me through your resume" " why MBA", " why now" and there was nothing about scores or other quantitative information. The interview style was conversational and very relaxing. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kayjay2012 wrote:
MBACLASS2013 wrote:

I was interviewed earlier this week and it was a blind interview. The questions were around, "Walk me through your resume" " why MBA", " why now" and there was nothing about scores or other quantitative information. The interview style was conversational and very relaxing. Hope this helps.

thanks kayjay. your experience aligns with what most of the people have been posting at clearadmit. were there any detailed questions about the resume? did the interviewer clarify particular bullets or dates or responsibilities?

sounds like they don't care about extracurricular activities because I have not read about them asking those types of questions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
If folks have had their interview, can they provide a quick overview of their experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I have a question regarding the applicant summary (real time) in the original post. Why does it show R3 applicants status when we are still in R1 time frame? This doesn't make any sense to me. Is this thing accurate?

I just scheduled my interview yesterday. I got interview invite approximately 2 weeks after that. I think it's quite fast and I think it might have something to do with the frequency of my email communication with the Adcom. there were about 10 emails back and forth. So that interaction might have left an first impression (could be positive or negative).

My interview is two weeks from today. I am so nervous. I also have to give GMAT one last time in early Jan.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I think that data is from last year. I might be wrong, admin can clarify that. If it is last year's data, I will suggest better to remove it because it gives wrong idea of application profiles and the decisions. (It should not even be from haas FT)

I don' t think interacting back and forth with Haas makes any difference as far as interview calls are concerned. I saw people starting getting interview invites next day to TG (1st week).

Also, a current student at Haas mentioned that they invite everyone for the interview. This is different from the stats given earlier.
I know it is little disheartening. I thought it was anywhere between 65-75% interview invites.

Looks like no one in this forum has interviewed yet!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I missed the reply from kayjay2012 who has already interviewed.
Mind sharing who was your interviewer?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
MBACLASS2013 wrote:
I think that data is from last year. I might be wrong, admin can clarify that. If it is last year's data, I will suggest better to remove it because it gives wrong idea of application profiles and the decisions. (It should not even be from haas FT)

I don' t think interacting back and forth with Haas makes any difference as far as interview calls are concerned. I saw people starting getting interview invites next day to TG (1st week).

Also, a current student at Haas mentioned that they invite everyone for the interview. This is different from the stats given earlier.
I know it is little disheartening. I thought it was anywhere between 65-75% interview invites.

Looks like no one in this forum has interviewed yet!

A few posts above us is a post made by someone who has recently been interviewed.

Are you applying R1? Did you get interview invite?

I am so nervous. I haven't had sleep in 6 months or so ever since I started going full force at Haas. I am really going to break down and cry when the results are out cuz of how much effort and time I put in this. I wrote my heart out on those essays with number of drafts close to triple digits.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pinchharmonic wrote:
kayjay2012 wrote:
MBACLASS2013 wrote:

thanks kayjay. your experience aligns with what most of the people have been posting at clearadmit. were there any detailed questions about the resume? did the interviewer clarify particular bullets or dates or responsibilities?

sounds like they don't care about extracurricular activities because I have not read about them asking those types of questions

Yes, my interviewer did stop me a few times and asked me about dates and position held. Regarding extracurricular - there were no direct questions.

Originally posted by kayjay2012 on 05 Dec 2012, 16:17.
Last edited by kayjay2012 on 05 Dec 2012, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBACLASS2013 wrote:
I missed the reply from kayjay2012 who has already interviewed.
Mind sharing who was your interviewer?

I am not comfortable sharing the name of my interviewer at this point. I hope you understand my situation. I understand that everyone is feeling nervous about the interview process but as mentioned before it was highly conversational in nature - So relax and just be natural.

Originally posted by kayjay2012 on 05 Dec 2012, 16:20.
Last edited by kayjay2012 on 05 Dec 2012, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
Yes, my interviewer did stop me a few times and asked me about dates and position held. Regarding extracurricular - there were no direct questions.

key kayjay, really useful information thanks. I didn't think they would go into details about dates and it's good to know for those of us who have been working for many years it's easy to forget when things happened.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pinchharmonic wrote:
Quote:

key kayjay, really useful information thanks. I didn't think they would go into details about dates and it's good to know for those of us who have been working for many years it's easy to forget when things happened.

You are welcome. Good luck with your interview.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
1ch1ban wrote:
MBACLASS2013 wrote:

A few posts above us is a post made by someone who has recently been interviewed.

I am so nervous. I haven't had sleep in 6 months or so ever since I started going full force at Haas. I am really going to break down and cry when the results are out cuz of how much effort and time I put in this. I wrote my heart out on those essays with number of drafts close to triple digits.

Yup I am R1 applicant and I am as nervous as you are. :roll:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
1ch1ban wrote:

Yup I am R1 applicant and I am as nervous as you are. :roll:
I am interviewing next week.

Originally posted by MBACLASS2013 on 05 Dec 2012, 22:15.
Last edited by MBACLASS2013 on 05 Dec 2012, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kayjay2012 wrote:
I am not comfortable sharing the name of my interviewer at this point. I hope you understand my situation. I understand that everyone is feeling nervous about the interview process but as mentioned before it was highly conversational in nature - So relax and just be natural.

I completely understand your concern, just the anxiety prompted me to ask that stupid question :)
I know interview should be a breeze with all the experience we have, its just the stakes are too high!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  75   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts