Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Awesome Level: 10++
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Other, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Received an interview invite this morning through email

It appears they are still coming out

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: , International Business
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
pmiklius wrote:
Received an interview invite this morning through email

It appears they are still coming out

Congrats!!! :)
May I ask where you are located?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah I wasnt expecting it

Located in the Washington, D.C. Area

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Guys!

Are any R2 interview notifications for 1Y program (international applicants)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Did any one from India get an interview invite as yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Although US applicants are getting invites, I truly fear that the window for intl. students is closing fast. Adcom asked me more than 4 weeks ago about a missing element on my application. I am from Pakistan and this means that the application manager assigned to this region started reading apps atleast 4 weeks ago.

Either a lot of intl. candidates have not reported their invites/not registered on GmatClub and another forum or there will be a large number of waitlist candidates next Wednesday. 7 days to send invites, schedule interviews and review the applications again, seems a herculean task now.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
icecube6000 wrote:
Although US applicants are getting invites, I truly fear that the window for intl. students is closing fast. Adcom asked me more than 4 weeks ago about a missing element on my application. I am from Pakistan and this means that the application manager assigned to this region started reading apps atleast 4 weeks ago.

Either a lot of intl. candidates have not reported their invites/not registered on GmatClub and another forum or there will be a large number of waitlist candidates next Wednesday. 7 days to send invites, schedule interviews and review the applications again, seems a herculean task now.

Thanks for info.
I think it is quite strange because the deadine was only about a week ago (8-9 work days)... In most schools it usually takes from 2 to 6 weeks to process the applications and send interview notifications.

By the way, was U invited for the interview? Can U share Ur background a bit (WE, GMAT ....)

P.s. are you 1Y or 2Y candidate?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
alexpiers wrote:
icecube6000 wrote:

Thanks for info.
I think it is quite strange because the deadine was only about a week ago (8-9 work days)... In most schools it usually takes from 2 to 6 weeks to process the applications and send interview notifications.

By the way, was U invited for the interview? Can U share Ur background a bit (WE, GMAT ....)

I am a round 1 applicant for 2Y. No, I have not been invited as yet.

Dear Round 2 applicants, please relax. If you go through the last few pages, you can witness the misery of the round 1 applicants firsthand. You just sit tight and wait atleast 2 more weeks before expecting any invites :).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
icecube6000 wrote:
alexpiers wrote:
icecube6000 wrote:

Thanks for info.

I am a round 1 applicant for 2Y. No, I have not been invited as yet.

Dear Round 2 applicants, please relax. If you go through the last few pages, you can witness the misery of the round 1 applicants firsthand. You just sit tight and wait atleast 2 more weeks before expecting any invites :).

Thanks, bro :)

Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
FYI - when I called to schedule my interview, the 17th and 18th were both available, but I was also warned that if I interviewed on those days my decision might not be rendered by the 19th, but probably the 21st since they'd want to wrap it up before Xmas. Rest assurred, this thing is going down to the wire.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I agree as I was invited to interview for round 1 today and the deadline is the 19th

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
hi everyone,

is there any more US applicant like me who is still hoping for a interview invitation?

i have a 740 gmat, with a profile that most "free evaluations" on this website considered good enough for johnson. and i am only less than an hour away from johnson (i know this may not matter). but i am still getting nothing :(

i know my chance of admittance depends on tons of different things, but still... not even a chance to interview?

very very disappointed...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
I have a 710 and have received an invite for a school on par with Johnson. I've almost given up hope on this though
zl2012 wrote:
hi everyone,

is there any more US applicant like me who is still hoping for a interview invitation?

i have a 740 gmat, with a profile that most "free evaluations" on this website considered good enough for johnson. and i am only less than an hour away from johnson (i know this may not matter). but i am still getting nothing :(

i know my chance of admittance depends on tons of different things, but still... not even a chance to interview?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
zl2012 wrote:
hi everyone,

I am in the same situation as you. I have a 730 GMAT, good GPA, with what I thought was at least good enough stuff in the other categories to at least get an invite. I applied to Harvard and got dinged immediately, which I expected. But, I was at least hoping for an invite from Johnson. I've gone back through and reread my Johnson app. and thought it was decent. With Harvard, I wasn't that bothered that I didn't get an invite but I thought I had a shot at Johnson which is why not getting an invite so far has been disappointing.

I got an invite from a similar level school as well, so I was hoping one from Johnson too. But, nothing yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tightlines wrote:
zl2012 wrote:
hi everyone,

I am in the same situation as you. I have a 730 GMAT, good GPA, with what I thought was at least good enough stuff in the other categories to at least get an invite. I applied to Harvard and got dinged immediately, which I expected. But, I was at least hoping for an invite from Johnson. I've gone back through and reread my Johnson app. and thought it was decent. With Harvard, I wasn't that bothered that I didn't get an invite but I thought I had a shot at Johnson which is why not getting an invite so far has been disappointing.

I got an invite from a similar level school as well, so I was hoping one from Johnson too. But, nothing yet.

I feel exactly the same way! I have a 710 GMAT and have an extremely international background, very involved with the community, and my essays turned out to be something I'm very proud of! (partly because I worked all sumer on my essays!!!:)
and I really expected to at least get an invite... i think i had such a high expectation with Johnson, I'm very disappointed..
I still find myself not giving up hopes though, not just yet!! (at this point, i might be too naive..)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
where is everyone located in us?

i am from upstate ny, less than one hour of drive to ithaca.

i am just naively hoping that they didn't send me an invitation yet simply because they think i can show up within an hour, lol
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zl2012 wrote:
where is everyone located in us?

i am from upstate ny, less than one hour of drive to ithaca.

i am just naively hoping that they didn't send me an invitation yet simply because they think i can show up within an hour, lol

I was actually just thinking that about myself too lol.
I'm in NYC -a bus ride away!
i wonder if they r sending out applications in order of locations or preference or the time/ date of when we submitted our application..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts