Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Any updates on whether calls have started?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Probably not for another 2 hours.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nyukellogg2015 wrote:
Jeff87 wrote:
nyukellogg2015 wrote:
So I know calls haven't started yet, but once they do, does anyone know if they call each and every admitted student? I.e. is not getting a call a death blow?

That's my understanding. I think that if you don't hear anything by Friday you'll get the ding / waitlist Monday. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So, you're saying this will be the worst week ever until/if I get a call, basically.

Pretty much, but not as bad as your weekend will be if you don't get the call. My stomach is in knots, hope the calls start soon! Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
Send PM
I really wish schools would just tell you yes or no at a set time rather than playing this game of "we can call within weeks of the deadline, but if you don't get a call, you are almost definitely getting denied." As soon as I hear back from Kellogg I'll be able to decide whether or not to send my Fisher deposit in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
bglorioso wrote:
I really wish schools would just tell you yes or no at a set time rather than playing this game of "we can call within weeks of the deadline, but if you don't get a call, you are almost definitely getting denied." As soon as I hear back from Kellogg I'll be able to decide whether or not to send my Fisher deposit in.

I used to have the same thought but now I'm not so sure. When a school tells you the exact day & time they'll let you know, the night before is pure torture. When you know it'll come within a certain week, it's a bit less stressful. This is just my two cents tho.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Not sure whether or not to just abandon GMAT Club this week...could be a healthy move for me :-).

In my info session, they said they weren't sure if they were going to call the week of or just the day before/the deadline b/c they were aware of how much anxiety it caused candidates - they said they visited these forums and saw all the comments on people trying to figure out the method to the madness of how people were being informed (alphabetical, geographical, industry, age, hair color, blah blah)...

My guess is they'll make the calls this week - I don't think they call everybody before the drop dead date on the 17th or that it means your 100% WL or dinged, but I doubt chances are great at that point.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
dwinters wrote:
bglorioso wrote:

I used to have the same thought but now I'm not so sure. When a school tells you the exact day & time they'll let you know, the night before is pure torture. When you know it'll come within a certain week, it's a bit less stressful. This is just my two cents tho.

I could not disagree with this any more. The date and time gives transparency to the process and makes one day stressful instead of an entire week. Not to mention that the official word from Kellogg was the majority would be in the "last few weeks" which is misleading since it is in the last week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmm so they basically tell everyone today who got in over phone or do they do it throughout the week?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anonymous2012 wrote:
dwinters wrote:
bglorioso wrote:

I could not disagree with this any more. The date and time gives transparency to the process and makes one day stressful instead of an entire week. Not to mention that the official word from Kellogg was the majority would be in the "last few weeks" which is misleading since it is in the last week.

I'm on the fence with this, but yes, the stress does feel stretched out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
anonymous2012 wrote:
dwinters wrote:
bglorioso wrote:

I agree. But, sending out admits the day before only works if the school says clearly that decisions will not be released any earlier, like what Booth did. Not sure if Kellogg releasing the decisions on Dec 17th is going to help with the stress.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Not sure whether or not to just abandon GMAT Club this week...could be a healthy move for me :-).

In my info session, they said they weren't sure if they were going to call the week of or just the day before/the deadline b/c they were aware of how much anxiety it caused candidates - they said they visited these forums and saw all the comments on people trying to figure out the method to the madness of how people were being informed (alphabetical, geographical, industry, age, hair color, blah blah)...

My guess is they'll make the calls this week - I don't think they call everybody before the drop dead date on the 17th or that it means your 100% WL or dinged, but I doubt chances are great at that point.

I heard the same thing about them re-evaluating when to call applicants. I'm sure the admissions office is plenty busy but it sure is tempting to call and ask. Goodluck everyone, hopefully we hear soon.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Bigblue1010 wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

I heard the same thing about them re-evaluating when to call applicants. I'm sure the admissions office is plenty busy but it sure is tempting to call and ask. Goodluck everyone, hopefully we hear soon.

If you do, let us know what they say!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nyukellogg2015 wrote:
Bigblue1010 wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

If you do, let us know what they say!!!

In fact, PLEASE do and let us know what they say.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
GPA: 3.81
Kudos
A friend in Illinois just called me... what a tease
Manager
Manager
Send PM
APPalachiantrail wrote:

Wow. If an unknown 847 number called me and it wasn't Kellogg, I'd have a heart attack. I'd probably have a heart attack anyway.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
nyukellogg2015 wrote:
APPalachiantrail wrote:

Wow. If an unknown 847 number called me and it wasn't Kellogg, I'd have a heart attack. I'd probably have a heart attack anyway.

Haha, I did this yesterday for a number from Washington state. I'd say we're all in bad shape ;)

If we're being realistic, there are but a handful of adcom members and a bunch of people that they will, in theory, have to call. Let's all just take a few deep breaths and try to resist the urge to jump off the ledge if it takes a few days to hear anything :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
driskigm wrote:
nyukellogg2015 wrote:
APPalachiantrail wrote:

Haha, I did this yesterday for a number from Washington state. I'd say we're all in bad shape ;)

If we're being realistic, there are but a handful of adcom members and a bunch of people that they will, in theory, have to call. Let's all just take a few deep breaths and try to resist the urge to jump off the ledge if it takes a few days to hear anything :)

Too soon to assume that they aren't calling today?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts