Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management
GRE 1: Q168 V165
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Aimhigh2012 wrote:
fitzmanon wrote:
Exact same for me. What's your profile?

720 GMAT, Engineer,
9 years work ex by the time I join, Project Mgmt/Consulting/Business Development in a big Telecommunications firm.
3.7 GPA, had excellent interview.
So was very hopeful of Schol.
Do u think that we can get something later on?

We'll see but I doubt it. I am stilled thrilled about going to McCombs next year. I am already getting ready to book my holidays for March and the Preview Weekend :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
When is Preview Weekend 2013? I can't seem to find anything about it. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
spouser wrote:
When is Preview Weekend 2013? I can't seem to find anything about it. Thanks.

I just stole this out of last year's thread, but it's a nice guide for setting up your timeline of moving to Austin, too:

Dates to Remember
January 19, 2012
Round 1 Admit Dinner
January 20, 2012
Texas MBA Friday
March 30-31, 2012
Preview Weekend
April 11, 2012
Registration deadline for International MAP
May 20, 2012
Payment deadline for International MAP
June 1, 2012
Registration for Orientation, Boot Camp and Academic Intensive is LIVE.
June 15, 2012
Registration deadline for Local MAP
June 15, 2012
Early bird discount registration deadline for Orientation
July 2, 2012
Final registration deadline for Orientation, Boot Camp and Academic Intensive
July 28 – August 4, 2012
McCombs Adventure Program (MAP) international trips
August 2, 2012
MAP Fredericksburg
August 3, 2012
MAP New Braunfels
August 6, 2012
Arrival Deadline for all incoming students to be moved to Austin
August 6, 2012
Orientation Packet Pickup and International Student Welcome
August 7-10, 2012
MBA Boot Camp
August 13-21, 2012
MBA Orientation & Academic Intensive
August 22, 2012
First day of MBA 1st Year Core Classes

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the info about 2012 Preview Weekend and the other 2012 schedule. I didn't realize we'd have to be there in early August. Helpful; thanks. Also happy to see that it looks like Preview Weekend will be before the deadline for deciding whether I'll go there (if I'm admitted). Thanks again.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
In.Phew! Words cannot explain how thrilled I am to know that In three years from now I will holding a MBA degree! Reapplicant. Was on WL until June this year. Feels good to make it thro this year. Congrats to Other admits.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
So I guess if you're a domestic applicant and you haven't been contacted yet then you can expect a waitlist or ding?

For those of you who have been contacted, has your application status changed to reflect admission?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
jh03e wrote:
So I guess if you're a domestic applicant and you haven't been contacted yet then you can expect a waitlist or ding?

For those of you who have been contacted, has your application status changed to reflect admission?

The application status hasn't changed yet, and I don't expect it to until Friday. One thing to keep in mind is that there were 125 R1 interviews (per a blog entry). UT accepts 50% of interviewed applicants (probably slightly higher during R1 when they're trying to fill their class). Therefore, they had to call ~ 60-75 people. I could see that taking longer than Thur. & Fri. Best of luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
I sent in my app last week with the R2 deadline and today I received an email with invitation to interview with a member of the AdCom visiting my local area (major metropolitan area in US) in January. Is it just me or does that seem like a REALLY quick turnaround time to be invited for an interview? What can I take this to mean, aside from the fact that it seems I made some sort of initial cut.

Edit to add - and on this note, what do people think would be the best strategy for interviewing? The email says to let them know if I prefer an on-campus McCombs one and they'll set that up. For what it's worth, I already did a campus/class visit a few months ago. I almost wonder if it's better to take them up on the offer to do local since it's an admissions officer and not an alum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
brosnan6 wrote:
I sent in my app last week with the R2 deadline and today I received an email with invitation to interview with a member of the AdCom visiting my local area (major metropolitan area in US) in January. Is it just me or does that seem like a REALLY quick turnaround time to be invited for an interview? What can I take this to mean, aside from the fact that it seems I made some sort of initial cut.

Edit to add - and on this note, what do people think would be the best strategy for interviewing? The email says to let them know if I prefer an on-campus McCombs one and they'll set that up. For what it's worth, I already did a campus/class visit a few months ago. I almost wonder if it's better to take them up on the offer to do local since it's an admissions officer and not an alum

The R1 interview invites started getting sent out 1 week after the app. deadline, too, so it's normal. Although I don't know if it's still true, McCombs used to use an algorithm to do the heavy lifting for interview invites; hence, the quickness. Also, I think I read that they were trying to get out most of the R2 invites before the winter break. You should feel well about making the first cut because only ~50% of applicants get interview invites.

If you've already gotten a campus visit in, a couple current students told me not to worry about doing the interview on campus. Take advantage of the fact you've got an AdCom member coming into your town. They will be in the decision room to be your advocate if you end up on the fence. That's just my opinion, though, so the MAC student can interject if I missed the mark.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
USAFinDenver wrote:
The R1 interview invites started getting sent out 1 week after the app. deadline, too, so it's normal. Although I don't know if it's still true, McCombs used to use an algorithm to do the heavy lifting for interview invites; hence, the quickness. Also, I think I read that they were trying to get out most of the R2 invites before the winter break. You should feel well about making the first cut because only ~50% of applicants get interview invites.

If you've already gotten a campus visit in, a couple current students told me not to worry about doing the interview on campus. Take advantage of the fact you've got an AdCom member coming into your town. They will be in the decision room to be your advocate if you end up on the fence. That's just my opinion, though, so the MAC student can interject if I missed the mark.

Awesome, thanks for the insight. I went ahead and replied saying I'm good with the local interview. *Fingers crossed!*
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I see that a couple of international students including ones from India have received their admits already. So for the ones who haven't heard yet from the admissions committee and having status "in review"... Is it the end of game? should I consider it a ding?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone waiting for other schools to get back to them to make a final decision on McCombs?

I am 99% sold on McCombs but I still want to wait to hear from the highly ranked programs I interviewed with (especially if they suprise me a lot with some $). I'll know by Monday if McCombs becomes 100% sure.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone
I have submitted my application on R2 deadline (12/04). My TOEFL official score report hasnt arrived to McCombs yet, and my application status is incomplete with "One thing to do - TOEFL official score report". Doest it mean that my application is not getting reviewed till it will be updated, and there is no chance to get interview invitation before that?

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does any one know whether McCombs have rolled out all the offers for Round 1 or does it release decisions in batches - in that case we heard about the 1st batch last Thursday and we should hear about the next by 14th? Also, did anyone contact the AdCom by any chance? Not sure how the decisions were rolled out last year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
angienayar wrote:
Does any one know whether McCombs have rolled out all the offers for Round 1 or does it release decisions in batches - in that case we heard about the 1st batch last Thursday and we should hear about the next by 14th? Also, did anyone contact the AdCom by any chance? Not sure how the decisions were rolled out last year.

I got interviewed on campus but didn't receive any email after that. I called the school this morning asking about the admission decision, but unfortunately they didn't tell me anything and asked me to wait till 14th... Bad.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V44
GPA: 3.84
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
So I applied for the executive program. Was invited for an interview shortly before Thanksgiving. Now they want to bring me back for a second interview, probably a group interview. Likely sometime in January. Is this normal? :shock: :?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
shmirill wrote:
Hi everyone
I have submitted my application on R2 deadline (12/04). My TOEFL official score report hasnt arrived to McCombs yet, and my application status is incomplete with "One thing to do - TOEFL official score report". Doest it mean that my application is not getting reviewed till it will be updated, and there is no chance to get interview invitation before that?

Thanks in advance

Hi Shmirill

I hope not. From what I understand from the conversations on this forum and FAQ on the website, I dont think adcom will withhold processing your app. I am in the same boat. My GMAT score still shows up in "to do" list. I had reported my score to UT on 3rd of December. Infact I called up the admissions office yesterday and all I got from them was"We do not receive the official score reports. The GIAC does and even they would not be able to verify if you tried to reach them at this pt. Just sit tight and wait for the list to be updated"

I am scheduled to speak to a MAC (McCombs Admissions Committee) member later today. Will find out abt this and let you know. Hope this helps.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts