Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Say, if a hypothetical interview invite e-mail contains this " this private communication is between you and the MIT Sloan School and its content is not meant to be distributed, copied, or posted by other means without the written permission of the MIT Sloan School.", would this cover the details of the interview (time, place, method) only or the fact that the e-mail recipient received an invite as well? Asking this, because if it is the latter, some people may get into trouble. (Just meant as a friendly reminder)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
quixef wrote:
Say, if a hypothetical interview invite e-mail contains this " this private communication is between you and the MIT Sloan School and its content is not meant to be distributed, copied, or posted by other means without the written permission of the MIT Sloan School.", would this cover the details of the interview (time, place, method) only or the fact that the e-mail recipient received an invite as well? Asking this, because if it is the latter, some people may get into trouble. (Just meant as a friendly reminder)

We are all imaginary applicants after all... its a role play we all here like doing so there is no trouble in acting as if you applied to MIT by posting imaginary or hypothethical stuff into this board ...
:-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Kudos
quixef wrote:

If people got into trouble for posting that they got invites on the boards, then I'd think a lot of people from past years would've had that issue too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
So I got an interview and finished last week... when do you usually hear back on the decision? Is it like Dartmouth where you get the notification day before/on the day?

Also, if you get an interview, what are the chances of acceptance? 50%?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.71
WE:Accounting (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Looks like the invites are rolling out pretty steady. Per the admissions stats on page 1:

Date, # invited
12/4/2012, 6
12/5/2012, 7
12/6/2012, 0
12/7/2012, 1
12/8/2012, 0
12/9/2012, 0
12/10/2012, 2
12/11/2012, 1
12/12/2012, 1
12/13/2012, 3
12/14/2012, 2
12/15/2012, 3

Mind you this assumes that people updated their status on the day they got invited. Probably a bit of a lag. Otherwise how would anyone have posted yesterday, which was a Saturday?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
dreamchase wrote:
To R1 applicants : Recommendation asks for a two page word limit. Isn't there a word limit for each question ? What should I ask my recommenders of, considering two page depends on formatting ?

Don't over-worry about the two-page limit. One of my recommenders submitted a four-page (in total) letter, and I asked the adcom, who said it was absolutely fine.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
kmcduw wrote:
Looks like the invites are rolling out pretty steady. Per the admissions stats on page 1:

Date, # invited
12/4/2012, 6
12/5/2012, 7
12/6/2012, 0
12/7/2012, 1
12/8/2012, 0
12/9/2012, 0
12/10/2012, 2
12/11/2012, 1
12/12/2012, 1
12/13/2012, 3
12/14/2012, 2
12/15/2012, 3

Mind you this assumes that people updated their status on the day they got invited. Probably a bit of a lag. Otherwise how would anyone have posted yesterday, which was a Saturday?

Amazing compilation kmcduw.... Totaling the total interview invites this year has been: 26.... Checking out last years forum, a total of 35 invites went to gmatclubbers.... Given that the number of people actually using gmatclub has been going down as a general trend.... that is a decent comparison.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
xiaohan wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
To R1 applicants : Recommendation asks for a two page word limit. Isn't there a word limit for each question ? What should I ask my recommenders of, considering two page depends on formatting ?

Don't over-worry about the two-page limit. One of my recommenders submitted a four-page (in total) letter, and I asked the adcom, who said it was absolutely fine.

That's some information. Thanks xiaohan.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
Hi, Any Africa-based applicants received invites yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.77
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Quick question for anyone who's been invited for an interview so far...did Sloan automatically send you an email to your personal address? Or did they just post it in the "MIT Sloan Message Center" on their site?

Reason I ask: I'm hoping they send a note to your email so I can stop checking the website every 20 minutes :-) Thanks for the help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
FrozenTongue wrote:
Amazing compilation kmcduw.... Totaling the total interview invites this year has been: 26.... Checking out last years forum, a total of 35 invites went to gmatclubbers.... Given that the number of people actually using gmatclub has been going down as a general trend.... that is a decent comparison.

If last year's summary page is right, 23% of gmatclub's 164 Round 1 applicants got invites last year. So far this year 13% of the 206 Round 1 applicants have been invited. If this year's gmatclub pool gets the same percentage of invites as last, there are about 10% more to go -- or about 20 invites.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Bigdog85 wrote:
Quick question for anyone who's been invited for an interview so far...did Sloan automatically send you an email to your personal address? Or did they just post it in the "MIT Sloan Message Center" on their site?

Reason I ask: I'm hoping they send a note to your email so I can stop checking the website every 20 minutes :-) Thanks for the help!

I received an email. Hope that helps. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Is this the last week we can expect majority of R1 invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Is anyone from Mid-west got the interview yet?
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
AresZhu wrote:

Someone on the BTG reported an invite from mid-west. Other than that I haven't heard anything.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
icaniwill wrote:
Is this the last week we can expect majority of R1 invites?

I would guess so. Most offices are closed between Christmas and New Years. I would think most January interviews will be conducted the weeks of Jan 7, 14, and 21 with the decisions out the following week (Jan 29). That only leaves this week and the first few days of January to receive invites. Good luck everyone!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
MALD2011 wrote:
AresZhu wrote:

Someone on the BTG reported an invite from mid-west. Other than that I haven't heard anything.

Hi, first posting on this thread.

I am located in the Mid-west but am also an international. Received interview invite first week of December, but if anything, the early interview notice probably has more to do with me being an international than my location.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  57   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts