Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Got the notification too. Congratulations to those got the admit. My best wishes and good luck to others as I am sure there is something better is in store for them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I got an official notification and when I checked the application status, it says - Waitlisted.

Has everyone who did not get an admit got a waitlist ? Is it game over ?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got in :-D ... I am from India (Mumbai)... didn't get the mail but when I logged in to my account on the symplicity portal, my application status said "You have an offer from the Texas Full Time MBA: Austin program" :-D

Though no details about scholarships yet... Should receive that info with the 'admitted student packet' am guessing...
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
samirmaggo wrote:
Hi,

I got an official notification and when I checked the application status, it says - Waitlisted.

Has everyone who did not get an admit got a waitlist ? Is it game over ?

Thanks

Its definitely not game over. According to the Bloomberg Businessweek profile, 21% of the 290 waitlisted applicants last year ended up getting accepted.

BTW, a couple sites are showing acceptance #'s that contradict what I previously posted. It appears there were only 1,900 applicants last year (down a few hundred from 2011), with ~ 550 being accepted. This yielded a 29% acceptance rate.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got wait-listed also.

For those who have been wait-listed do you have offers from other schools? I was admitted to Rice with a very generous scholarship and although I am extremely happy about that, McCombs was ultimately my first choice. I plan to move forward with Rice and see what happens with this wait-list thing... Congrats to those who got in and good luck to those applying!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 581 [0]
Send PM
I got wait listed. Any idea by what time Austin team takes a call on wait listed candidates ? I have a offer from other institutes too with scholarship so was thinking is it worth waiting for Austin that too with no guarantee of scholarship. I am sure the first round of scholarship will go to the already admitted candidates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
The admission officer said they have already completed awarding scholarships for the first round. Just curious if anyone on this forum has got any and his/her profile.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I am from India and I got waitlisted too - was definitely expecting an offer of admission from McCombs.

I am a re-applicant this year - was waitlisted the last year also (difference being last year I applied in round 3)

Can someone please share how waitlisted candidates are generally evaluated by the admissions committee whenever there is an opportunity to grant admission to them?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
namrta wrote:
Hi,
Congratulation to all for admits.
I applied in R2. I just wanted to know if any international applicant has got interview invite? (I am from India)
Also, one of recommendation is still pending, would that hamper my application to get reviewed?
Regards,
Namrta

Namrta

One of my recommendations was sent about 24 hours late, but I emailed the adcom and they said it would be fine as long as no one has reviewed your application, but there is never a guarantee. You can always email/call them and confirm.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Are there any applicants of R2 that have got invites - I am assuming the invites have gone to applicants from US cities where the adcom had pre-planned to visit. When you post your status about interview invite or acceptance, it would be great if you can post your location too, that way others from the same region/city can know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
axeforu wrote:
Are there any applicants of R2 that have got invites - I am assuming the invites have gone to applicants from US cities where the adcom had pre-planned to visit. When you post your status about interview invite or acceptance, it would be great if you can post your location too, that way others from the same region/city can know.

i am wondering how this works. i know some applicants in NYC have been invited because the adcom is visiting NYC in jan.

i am in a small town which i am sure the adcom is not going to come visit, but it is only 4 hours away from nyc. i will be more than happy to drive down and do the interview there. i wonder if they will count me in for the NYC invite (i didn't receive anything up to this point), or they have other plans for people living in middle of no where.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
axeforu wrote:

I got an interview invite the other day, and a few others mentioned that they did as well. I live in the middle of nowhere wisconsin so I don't think Texas will be visiting here. I scheduled an on-campus interview - I didn't get the chance to visit the school before applying so that will give me the chance to check it out.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
zl2012 wrote:
axeforu wrote:

i am wondering how this works. i know some applicants in NYC have been invited because the adcom is visiting NYC in jan.

i am in a small town which i am sure the adcom is not going to come visit, but it is only 4 hours away from nyc. i will be more than happy to drive down and do the interview there. i wonder if they will count me in for the NYC invite (i didn't receive anything up to this point), or they have other plans for people living in middle of no where.

You have the option to do an on campus interview with a second year student, or you can do an interview with an alumni in your area if you won't be able to travel. The third option is to do a skype interview.

I kinda live in the middle of nowhere myself but I opted to do an on campus interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
I also got an interview invite, but being in India, I am unable to visit the campus for an interview. I have opted for an interview with an Alumnus. I have already contacted him 4 days ago but yet to receive any notification from him. What do I do in such a situation. Any advise will be helpful.

Also, any interview advise?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
slugabedd wrote:
I also got an interview invite, but being in India, I am unable to visit the campus for an interview. I have opted for an interview with an Alumnus. I have already contacted him 4 days ago but yet to receive any notification from him. What do I do in such a situation. Any advise will be helpful.

Same here... contacted Alumnus in my country two days ago, and still no answer... should i just schedule a Skype interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GRE 1: Q168 V165
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
shmirill wrote:
slugabedd wrote:

Same here... contacted Alumnus in my country two days ago, and still no answer... should i just schedule a Skype interview?

Same for me in R1. Send an email to the admission office to explain the situation. They'll tell you how much longer to wait before getting back to them and then set a skype interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
Send PM
How generous is McCombs with scholarships?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts