Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.8
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Dear GMAT Club members,

I would like to know if anyone has any idea what a counseling appointment with University of Michigan is like. On the website, I learned that the session is 15 minutes, and the applicant can ask questions about the program. I know the counseling appointment is NOT an admission interview, thus, I don't know if I need to prepare for the counseling appointment and what sort of questions should I ask to know if I the school is a good fit for me or vice versa.

Your reponse is greatly appreciated as I try to schedule an appointment this week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Just got an email to sign up for the online admissions decision website. Decisions will be available on Thursday at noon EST. Heart skipped a beat when I saw the email was from Michigan...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
I was interviewed last year. But I wasn't invited to an interview this year.

Not sure why they sent me this email as I wasn't even interviewed this year.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Every applicant gets the email to create a login for the decision notification website. Good thing though- if you've applied to a graduate program at Michigan before (MBA or otherwise) and you've used the same system, you do not need to create a new login (however, you do have to remember your previous login info ;) )

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Hi guys,

Can somebody please let me know if I would be required to take the TOEFL or not? I am an Indian engineering graduate (Indian Institute of Technology) and the medium of instruction at my college was English.

Below is what the website says:

"Applicants whose native language is not English and who have earned a degree from a U.S. school or an institution abroad where the curriculum is exclusively taught in English are exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement."

I am not sure how would I prove that the medium was "exclusively" English.

Any help would be appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q39 V49
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
IndianExpress wrote:
Hi guys,

Can somebody please let me know if I would be required to take the TOEFL or not? I am an Indian engineering graduate (Indian Institute of Technology) and the medium of instruction at my college was English.

"Applicants whose native language is not English and who have earned a degree from a U.S. school or an institution abroad where the curriculum is exclusively taught in English are exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement."

You don't need to give TOEFL if you're from an IIT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
IndianExpress wrote:
Hi guys,

Check your college website, if that fact is mentioned in the website you can give the url as proof
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Vaibhav85 wrote:
IndianExpress wrote:
Hi guys,

Check your college website, if that fact is mentioned in the website you can give the url as proof

Or your college transcript.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
To help others rest easy tonight, I was a bit neurotic today during lunch and searched last years' Ross forum. It seems calls started going out two days before decisions were posted online, which means calls to admitted students should start tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Kudos
EastCoastPrep wrote:
To help others rest easy tonight, I was a bit neurotic today during lunch and searched last years' Ross forum. It seems calls started going out two days before decisions were posted online, which means calls to admitted students should start tomorrow.

Soojin posted!! https://rossblogs.typepad.com/admissions/

Admissions calls for the US will begin Wednesday, and calls for International applicants will begin Thursday! Thank you Soojin!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.81
WE:Analyst (Transportation)
Send PM
couldn't sleep last night and I don't know how tonight will go!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.53
Send PM
anooshasaran wrote:

I've lost my appetite...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
GenericUsername wrote:
anooshasaran wrote:

I've lost my appetite...

I couldn't sleep either! And instead of losing my appetite I'm eating my feelings. I inhaled lunch today. My husband looked afraid.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have any of you seen the comments from this article? Not the comments from Businessweek but from the 100+ post below responding to the article. It is truly shocking. Duke has a party culture but it does not seem to be racist. I don't know what is more shocking - the response from alums who are internationals, the arrogance of current students or the immaturity from prospective students who wish to go there.

www.poetsandquants.com/2012/12/04/the-w ... ir-schools

Please comment and share your thoughts. I was highly considering Ross before this but this place does not seem to have a "collaborative" culture as advertised.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
this whole "calling admits" is a nerve wrecking thing. why dont they just post their decision online instead =/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi BombayPride,

As a member of the Ross Class of 2014, I can see that some of the things mentioned and referenced that Ross is racist against minorities or international students is untrue. I believe that our school has one of the most supportive cultures in the elite MBA world. I am also a member of the Constortium for Graduate Study in Management, which is an association that helps promote diversity in business schools and the ranks of management. If you are concerned about how the international or minority experience is like at Ross, please either PM me directly or speak to one of our current student ambassadors. Our student ambassadors tell it how it really is at our program. (they are things that can be improved at Ross, but they are so many things here that are incredible at the same time). I would hate to see a great future classmate be deterred from joining this community based on information that may not reflect what is like at Ross today (I cannot speak for the program 10-15 years back).

Please do message me if you have any questions about Ross!

Good luck in your MBA pursuit.

Originally posted by RossMBA2014 on 18 Dec 2012, 17:22.
Last edited by RossMBA2014 on 18 Dec 2012, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
BombayPride wrote:
Have any of you seen the comments from this article? Not the comments from Businessweek but from the 100+ post below responding to the article. It is truly shocking. Duke has a party culture but it does not seem to be racist. I don't know what is more shocking - the response from alums who are internationals, the arrogance of current students or the immaturity from prospective students who wish to go there.

[www]poetsandquants dot com/2012/12/04/the-worst-things-mbas-say-about-their-schools

Please comment and share your thoughts. I was highly considering Ross before this but this place does not seem to have a "collaborative" culture as advertised.

Making such a blanket statement against a top b-school is irresponsible and dangerous. I don't go to Ross so I can neither confirm nor deny the comments in poets&quants. I think international students have a hard time fitting into a certain American social scene, mainly the fratty culture at schools such as ross, fuqua, darden, and tuck. Given that most of these types are white, the internationals may feel left out or unwelcome. This feeling is certainly understandable, but unless we see more concrete evidence, let's abstain from such accusations.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts