Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I am in McCombs for Round 1. Does anyone receive admission letter or package from McCombs?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Can those of you who received R2 interview mention the date you receive it? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q42 V51
GRE 1: Q153 V169
GPA: 3.42
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Anyone remember what day they said they were mailing out the official info packets to admitted students? I thought it was Dec. 20-something, but can't recall exactly. That info can't come soon enough since we can't really begin to make decisions until scholarship info is known.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
wi11iedigital wrote:
Anyone remember what day they said they were mailing out the official info packets to admitted students? I thought it was Dec. 20-something, but can't recall exactly. That info can't come soon enough since we can't really begin to make decisions until scholarship info is known.

I already sent in my deposit to hold my place in the class, but you can just ask the AdCom member. In my case, I asked Shelley Clifford because she was the one who called me w/ the admittance decision. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't get one, but supposedly all the R1 scholarships have been released already.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Anyone waitlisted ?? Any current students who were waitlited and got through. Seems like Mccombs will contact the waitlisted students .. need some help here..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Got in the TEMBA Program!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
WE:Editorial and Writing (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Quote:

I already sent in my deposit to hold my place in the class, but you can just ask the AdCom member. In my case, I asked Shelley Clifford because she was the one who called me w/ the admittance decision. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't get one, but supposedly all the R1 scholarships have been released already.

How much is the enrollment deposit? I've been wondering about that but haven't found the information online.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Gorgasali wrote:
Quote:

How much is the enrollment deposit? I've been wondering about that but haven't found the information online.

It is $1250. USAFINDENVER is your gmaic status updated? Mine still showin In Review.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
scorpion82 wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:
Quote:

It is $1250. USAFINDENVER is your gmaic status updated? Mine still showin In Review.

The deposit info is a bit obscure to find until you reply with your official decision. From there, they send you an email link to the pay site. Scorpion, no, my GIAC status still hasn't changed, and I haven't gotten an official notification letter or package yet.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone else made their final decision on McCombs? The front page doesn't show anyone else matriculating.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
guys, is there a dedicated person or email of UT MBA admission that we can use to ask general questions such as interview invitation, decision timeline, etc.?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ygyh wrote:
guys, is there a dedicated person or email of UT MBA admission that we can use to ask general questions such as interview invitation, decision timeline, etc.?

Try to answer as many questions as you can from the McCombs website, this blog, etc.; however, the email for specific questions is TexasMBA@mccombs.utexas.edu. Hope this helps.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GRE 1: Q164 V159
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
ygyh wrote:
Can those of you who received R2 interview mention the date you receive it? Thanks.

I submitted my application in R2 and got an invite yesterday night 2pm IST.

Thanks,
Namrta Khanna,
India, Bangalore.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Although the GIAC site still hasn't updated, I just got the official welcome email. It includes info on "MBA Friday (Feb. 8th)," the Class of '15 Facebook page, the admitted student website, and another link to the online acceptance letter. Also, it says the admit package will be mailed shortly to my address.

I didn't see anywhere other than on the online acceptance letter page that scholarship info would be posted.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Just received my interview invitation for round 2! I'm from Mexico, I've scheduled an off-site interview with an alumni...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
USAFinDenver wrote:
Although the GIAC site still hasn't updated, I just got the official welcome email. It includes info on "MBA Friday (Feb. 8th)," the Class of '15 Facebook page, the admitted student website, and another link to the online acceptance letter. Also, it says the admit package will be mailed shortly to my address.

I didn't see anywhere other than on the online acceptance letter page that scholarship info would be posted.

I also got an email. It also says that a gift is sent alongwith packet to celebrate my admission, Could it be scholarship? Where on the the admission acceptance page did you see scholarship info?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
scorpion82 wrote:
USAFinDenver wrote:

I also got an email. It also says that a gift is sent alongwith packet to celebrate my admission, Could it be scholarship? Where on the the admission acceptance page did you see scholarship info?

My email mentioned the gift, too, but my guess is that it's a hat, t-shirt, or something else (considering I was told I didn't get a scholarship). I didn't see the scholarship info on there, but I was making an educated guess. Scholarships were very rare in R1 last year, too. I went through last year's thread, and pulled out the scholarship excerpts:

"I got my scholarship e-mail at 5:30 CST. Titled "Some special news from McCombs!"

"I found out about the scholarship a couple days after acceptance and then I sent in my deposit. I learned about it from an email about 20 hours after my acceptance email. I came back to a message from 19 Dec saying congratulations and adding that I would be receiving more information about McCombs in a later email. They mentioned they don't give very many; the scholarships they offer range from $2k-$10k/year."

"Just got a scholarship email."

"I also got a scholarship email on Friday 2/24 ... out-of-state tuition waiver and some $$."
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts