Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Marshall '15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: MBA in Europe than working in Asia? [#permalink]
Hi YJ,

hope my respond is not too late for you as I think the admission cycle for Sept intake is almost finished...

I think that make sense for you to consider an MBA in Hong Kong, Singapore, and perhaps Shanghai... here are what I think there pros and cons.

Singapore : The center for South East Asia, you will easily see wealthy people spending money for high end products and services from countries like Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. However, as the Singaporean dollar keeps appreciating, and the tax structure, it casts doubt about the competitiveness for luxury market

Shanghai : The more westernized city in China. Most luxury brands have show rooms and business presence in Shanghai. However, due to heavy duty and restriction on imports, most of the luxury stores serve as “show room” but the real purchases occur in Hong Kong. It would be tough to find jobs if you do not speak any Chinese.

Hong Kong : Always the freest port in Asia, therefore you will see HK becoming the centre of trade and distribution for almost any kind of consumer products (be it luxury or not). A lot of people in the region (including those from Japan and Korea) with will come to Hong Kong for their real purchase. Hence almost all luxury brands build their Asia Business HQ in Hong Kong. I realize there would be at least a few thousands of French and Italian professional working in the areas of quality food, fashion, cosmetics, lifestyle products, high end kitchenware, and furniture as well as luxury brands in Hong Kong. I read a report recently that 25% of global export of high end watches from Switzerland goes to Hong Kong, of course, they are not catering for the people of Hong Kong, but shoppers from around the world.

Hope that would give you more information.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot