Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
sheva wrote:
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
I received a scholarship as well and no, it is not in my application anywhere yet.

Just for my curiosity - anyone knows what's the highest scholarship Booth awards, in terms of dollar amount?

They say on the website the highest is $30k/yr, but it's possible to get more than that.

My scholarship exceeds $30k/yr as well, so I was a bit perplexed by that. I'm assuming it is possible to receive multiple scholarships? I was hoping to review the package during my equally unproductive day today (and with Wharton tomorrow and my vacation kicking off Friday, this is clearly going to be a lost week).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Asset Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
IF YOU WERE DINGED:

Keep your head up. You can see by my profile that I have gone through several dings. I got the admittance call yesterday at 2:34CST and one of the things that my caller indicated was how impressed they were with the changes I made with the 9 months I had between applications. Do not rely on the same things. Be true to yourself on where you may have fallen short and take major strides to fill the gap. I can sympathize with the disappointment some of you feel, but can testify that continuing to press will pay off. And this is a GREAT feeling.

Looking forward to joining you other Booth 15' acceptances in the upcoming events next year before class!

Lastly, I heard that scholarship $ may or may not be discussed on the call yesterday. It wasn't discussed, so I don't know if that means I didn't receive any, or if it might come in the packet. Still waiting to get info on the admitted students site, and assuming that we don't have to accept admission until February.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Tovin wrote:
My scholarship exceeds $30k/yr as well, so I was a bit perplexed by that. I'm assuming it is possible to receive multiple scholarships? I was hoping to review the package during my equally unproductive day today (and with Wharton tomorrow and my vacation kicking off Friday, this is clearly going to be a lost week).

I'm thinking that that $30k probably went up a little bit because of a tuition increase that has not yet been announced for next year. Who knows. Anyway, from Cheet's post a few pages back it sounds like you cannot have a fellowship AND a scholarship. You will be considered for fellowships equal to or more than your scholarship, but if you get a better fellowship, you give up your schoalrship. She can correct me if I misinterpreted anything.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
If you were not informed of a scholarship on the call you have not been awarded one at this time. There are fellowship awards that are announced in the spring. Several of them you can apply for (others there is no app). There is a list of fellowships on the admitted students website which you should have access to soon.

Corndog/MaizePerro: Your question about scholarship was answered a few pages back. Allow me to re-post Cheet's helpful information. Congrats on your acceptance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
kingfalcon wrote:
mbaover30 wrote:
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
I told myself once I got the call I would be productive at work.

FAIL. I'm less productive than before.

So true!

Congrats on your success! I've been following your tumultuous journey on your blog and I'm very happy to see all the anxiety and self-doubt was for naught! :-D

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Send PM
Tovin wrote:
Goodluck to everyone that was assigned to the waitlist. As someone who sat on the Wharton waitlist through the entire summer two years ago, I can emphasize with the pain.

For those who were told yesterday that they were being awarded a scholarship, did the scholarship appear in your status update? I was told that I'd be receiving more info today but the status update has no reference to a scholarship. Was hoping to receive more detail (and written confirmation because I was in a state of shock when I was told!)

My scholarship info wasn't in the update. I believe an actual email is supposed to come that gives you access to the admitted students' website. That is when the scholarship info will be available (according to what the adcom told me during my acceptance call yesterday)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
smophiee wrote:
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
Does anyone know when we will get access to the admitted students website? Do we have to accept admission first?

Wondering the same ...

I believe they are separate. When you accept admission, you also have to pay your deposit...just like wen you submitted your app and had to pay your fee.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaover30 wrote:
Tovin wrote:
Goodluck to everyone that was assigned to the waitlist. As someone who sat on the Wharton waitlist through the entire summer two years ago, I can emphasize with the pain.

For those who were told yesterday that they were being awarded a scholarship, did the scholarship appear in your status update? I was told that I'd be receiving more info today but the status update has no reference to a scholarship. Was hoping to receive more detail (and written confirmation because I was in a state of shock when I was told!)

My scholarship info wasn't in the update. I believe an actual email is supposed to come that gives you access to the admitted students' website. That is when the scholarship info will be available (according to what the adcom told me during my acceptance call yesterday)

Thank you! At least someone remembers the call. I can't recall anything! Was in too much shock..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Tovin wrote:

Congrats on getting a scholarship. If you don't mind sharing, how much is the scholarship?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Waitlisted. Booth and Kellogg.

Better than a swift kick in the pants, but unfortunately bringing no clarity to my future plans.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.77
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Waitlisted too..looks like there are a lot of WL'ers this year. All the best guys :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [5]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
mbaover30 wrote:
smophiee wrote:
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
Does anyone know when we will get access to the admitted students website? Do we have to accept admission first?

Wondering the same ...

I believe they are separate. When you accept admission, you also have to pay your deposit...just like wen you submitted your app and had to pay your fee.

Last year we were all a bit confused about having to accept admission in order to get on the admitted students site. I think there is a link on your application status page that asks you to accept admission. Just do it. This does not mean you are committing to Booth. It just gives you access to the admitted students portal. You aren't officially committed until you pay your money which you don't have to do for a while.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
Send PM
Kudos
what would we do without you cheetarah
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
chubzer wrote:
Waitlisted too..looks like there are a lot of WL'ers this year. All the best guys :)

8-) waitlisted too
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
So, what does the waitlist even mean for international students?
I read somewhere that it can take 8 months.. .No time for Visa arrangements or scholarship. Feels like a ding.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Last year we were all a bit confused about having to accept admission in order to get on the admitted students site. I think there is a link on your application status page that asks you to accept admission. Just do it. This does not mean you are committing to Booth. It just gives you access to the admitted students portal. You aren't officially committed until you pay your money which you don't have to do for a while.

I accepted via the link in the application. I got an email with the information on the deposits ($2,000 due Feb 19 and $1,000 due June 5). Still no information about the admitted students page, I will update if I get more information.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
Send PM
ditto top10
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  84   
Moderators: