Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:49 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.77
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
cheetarah1980 wrote:
mbaover30 wrote:

I believe they are separate. When you accept admission, you also have to pay your deposit...just like wen you submitted your app and had to pay your fee.

Last year we were all a bit confused about having to accept admission in order to get on the admitted students site. I think there is a link on your application status page that asks you to accept admission. Just do it. This does not mean you are committing to Booth. It just gives you access to the admitted students portal. You aren't officially committed until you pay your money which you don't have to do for a while.

Nothing happens once you fill out enrolment form, except for being asked to pay the deposit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Sorry - this may be completely irrelevant for some of you, but does anyone know if Booth has a designated gym? What is the gym situation like at Booth? (are there multiple gyms...sufficient barbells/dumbbells/machines..)

I've google-searched this but have not been able to find anything.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
chubzer wrote:
gmatgirl6 wrote:
So, what does the waitlist even mean for international students?
I read somewhere that it can take 8 months.. .No time for Visa arrangements or scholarship. Feels like a ding.

No point in being pessimistic at this stage :). Also their letter states we should hear about our status by the end of the next round. I am going to give it my best to try and make sure I am admitted.

But I want to know now! :roll:
Anyone here knows how many ppl make it out of the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
dwinters wrote:
Sorry - this may be completely irrelevant for some of you, but does anyone know if Booth has a designated gym? What is the gym situation like at Booth? (are there multiple gyms...sufficient barbells/dumbbells/machines..)

Thanks!

Thats what I was wondering. I need to cut down on all the flab put on due to working 3 years at IBD!

Originally posted by pwnerer on 19 Dec 2012, 11:27.
Last edited by pwnerer on 19 Dec 2012, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
pwnerer wrote:
dwinters wrote:

Thanks!

Thats what I was wondering. I need to cut down on all the flab put on due to working 3 years at IBD!

I have started an FB group, lets take this type of discussion there. Also, can't wait to see real faces behind GC nicks of my future classmates!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoothMBA2015

Doesn't the school create an official fb group? I could be wrong here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
WL'd
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dwinters wrote:
Doesn't the school create an official fb group? I could be wrong here.

I am not sure as well. I don't want to create an overlapped, competing group then. Lets wait sometime, if school doesn't do it, we will have our own group :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Last year we were all a bit confused about having to accept admission in order to get on the admitted students site. I think there is a link on your application status page that asks you to accept admission. Just do it. This does not mean you are committing to Booth. It just gives you access to the admitted students portal. You aren't officially committed until you pay your money which you don't have to do for a while.

I accepted via the link in the application. I got an email with the information on the deposits ($2,000 due Feb 19 and $1,000 due June 5). Still no information about the admitted students page, I will update if I get more information.

Ok. I just checked the Booth website. There is a link to an admitted students portal on there. I think you can log in with your application username and password. I am sorry. My memory is a bit hazy on how I first logged in. But I don't think I had to wait on the admit package in the mail to do so.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
hmm... check the Booth website. Is there a link to an admitted students portal on there? Ithink you can log in with your application username and password. I am sorry. My memory is a bit hazy on how I first logged in. But I don't think I had to wait on the admit package in the mail to do so.

Admitted students portal needs my new Chicago Booth ID and password to login. Ah, I will try again tomorrow morning, now off to sleep :)

https://www.chicagobooth.edu/fulltime/admits/login.aspx
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Kudos
pwnerer wrote:
dwinters wrote:

Thanks!

Booth does not have its own gym. Booth shares the gym with the rest of the University of Chicago and from what I understand from my tour, it's about a 15 minute walk from Harper Center. That said, if you choose to live in the "dorms" downtown Chicago, it is likely that your building has a gym. Millenium Park Plaza is, I belive, the most popular apartment building for students and does have a gym.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
pwnerer wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
hmm... check the Booth website. Is there a link to an admitted students portal on there? Ithink you can log in with your application username and password. I am sorry. My memory is a bit hazy on how I first logged in. But I don't think I had to wait on the admit package in the mail to do so.

Admitted students portal needs my new Chicago Booth ID and password to login. Ah, I will try again tomorrow morning, now off to sleep :)

https://www.chicagobooth.edu/fulltime/admits/login.aspx

Kellogg specified that we will get our log in information for the admitted students page in the welcome packet. So maybe we have to wait for the welcome packet from Booth as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
Send PM
ergh. leaving for vacation tomorrow for two weeks, hoping the information isn't only available through the welcome packet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
My memory might not be 100% correct, but I think I was told that an e-mail would be sent containing information on the admitted students website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
I just received my email with follow-up information. I successfully created an account to the portal but it keeps rejecting my login information. Anyone else having similar technical difficulties?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Tovin wrote:
I just received my email with follow-up information. I successfully created an account to the portal but it keeps rejecting my login information. Anyone else having similar technical difficulties?

Mine works fine, Tovin. Did you create your username/pw through the /claimaccount url and set up security questions as well? That's all I did, hope it helps...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
dwal44 wrote:
Tovin wrote:

Mine works fine, Tovin. Did you create your username/pw through the /claimaccount url and set up security questions as well? That's all I did, hope it helps...

Yep, that's exactly what I did. I even reset my password to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. Hmmmm I guess I'll keep trying. Thanks dwal44.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Ok. I got some clarification on the admitted students website and offer acceptance. People will gain access to the admitted students website once their accounts are created. IT is currently working on creating your logins. You will receive an email once this is complete. Admissions would prefer that you not accept your offer until you are ready to commit. Sorry about the confusion. I was speaking based on my experiences from last year and was thus not 100% accurate initially. Hope this is helpful.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts