Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: U.S. Air Force
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.58
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) 2013 Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
LN03FZL wrote:
Are you talking about round 2 interviews? I still haven't heard from them :(

Still have plenty of time to hear about Round 2 interview invites!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
laidmn wrote:
Got in the TEMBA Program!!!

Congrats!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
USAFinDenver wrote:
scorpion82 wrote:
Gorgasali wrote:

I already sent in my deposit to hold my place in the class, but you can just ask the AdCom member. In my case, I asked Shelley Clifford because she was the one who called me w/ the admittance decision. Like I mentioned earlier, I didn't get one, but supposedly all the R1 scholarships have been released already.

How much is the enrollment deposit? I've been wondering about that but haven't found the information online.

It is $1250. USAFINDENVER is your gmaic status updated? Mine still showin In Review.

GIAC status will take longer to update because McCombs has to provide all of that information to the office and then they need to process it accordingly. Especially with the Winter Break holiday it may take even longer to update. However, there is no need to be concerned about the GIAC status page - your status on the McCombs application page is all that really matters.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Melodania wrote:
How generous is McCombs with scholarships?

Not very - best to look for MBA scholarships from other organizations based on your area of interest, ethnicity and geography.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jwilkins wrote:
USAFinDenver wrote:
jplw26 wrote:
I was invited to interview this morning. Extremely excited! I am located in the east coast.

Question for you guys. I am trying to decide between these options. FYI - I have not visited the campus yet.

1) Do an on-campus interview with a 2nd year student
2) Do an off-campus interview with an admissions officer and then do an on-campus visit before the decision date.

I realize that interview with a 2nd year student carries equal weight. However, I feel that having an advocate in the admissions committee meetings wouldn't hurt. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

To add on to fitzmanon's response, I'd also recommend doing everything on campus. 2nd-year students also take part on the selections committee, so they could serve as an advocate as well. Someone who interviewed on campus might be able to tell you if any AdCom members were part of the interviewing process.

Posted from my mobile device

When I interviewed on campus, the only person I interacted with after I checked in was the second year student who interviewed me. I have to believe this is the norm for on campus interviews.

It is! However you are welcome to schedule a class visit or lunch/coffee with a student if you would like as well while you are visiting. Please remember that class visits are only offered on Mondays and Thursdays - you can sign up online for either of those activities.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
McCombsStudent wrote:
laidmn wrote:
Got in the TEMBA Program!!!

Congrats!!

Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
McCombsStudent wrote:
Melodania wrote:

Not very - best to look for MBA scholarships from other organizations based on your area of interest, ethnicity and geography.

Hi! Is it possible to negotiate a scholarship with McCombs if I got admitted to one of the H/S/W/B along with another top 10 program (the latter even offered me a scholarship)? McCombs is my first choice but I don't think I'll go if the choice is H/S/W/B w/o scholarship vs Yale/Tuck/Berkeley with $ vs McCombs w/o scholarship.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Round 2 applicants waiting for an interview will want to check their e-mail. McCombs just sent out an e-mail, here is part of it::

Quote:
Due to a glitch in our application system, some Round 2 applicants have not been notified of their invitation to interview. If you are receiving this email, we would like to invite you to schedule your admissions interview.

If you have already scheduled or completed your interview, no further action is required. Your interview has already been successfully registered in the system.

If you have NOT already scheduled your interview, please Log In to the application system as soon as possible to schedule your interview and PLEASE READ THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY before doing so. You have the choice to interview on campus, off campus, or via Skype. Please note that we have added additional on-campus/Skype interview time slots.

I got the invite fine a week or so ago, but others on here may have been affected.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
RR666 wrote:
McCombsStudent wrote:
Melodania wrote:

Hi! Is it possible to negotiate a scholarship with McCombs if I got admitted to one of the H/S/W/B along with another top 10 program (the latter even offered me a scholarship)? McCombs is my first choice but I don't think I'll go if the choice is H/S/W/B w/o scholarship vs Yale/Tuck/Berkeley with $ vs McCombs w/o scholarship.
You should definitely negotiate a scholarship. You first need to butter them up, saying that McCombs is your top choice, but you received a scholarship from another school. You can even mention the school, they'll know the general standings of the school to know that to be competitive, they need to throw you some $$$. I wouldn't bring in the other admittance, unless asked. It doesn't really matter that it is higher ranked than the scholarship school. It just complicates the issue.

The take-away for McCombs should be simple: a better school (implicitly) offered you some $, McCombs is your top choice, but the $ is swaying you the other way.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
Round 2 applicants waiting for an interview will want to check their e-mail. McCombs just sent out an e-mail, here is part of it::

Quote:
Due to a glitch in our application system, some Round 2 applicants have not been notified of their invitation to interview. If you are receiving this email, we would like to invite you to schedule your admissions interview.

If you have already scheduled or completed your interview, no further action is required. Your interview has already been successfully registered in the system.

If you have NOT already scheduled your interview, please Log In to the application system as soon as possible to schedule your interview and PLEASE READ THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY before doing so. You have the choice to interview on campus, off campus, or via Skype. Please note that we have added additional on-campus/Skype interview time slots.

I got the invite fine a week or so ago, but others on here may have been affected.

is this an indication that the round 2 invites are all out?

i didn't get an invite, and didn't even get the email above. does it mean that i am done with mccombs :shock: ?

omg...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
zl2012 wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:

Quote:

i didn't get an invite, and didn't even get the email above. does it mean that i am done with mccombs :shock: ?

omg...

I am in the same boat....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:

Quote:

Thanks. I got the invite :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Invited!!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
ado2687 wrote:
Invited!!

congratulations!

may i ask where are you located?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
zl2012 wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:

Quote:

omg...

Hard to say really, but since the interview deadline is Jan 23rd according to that same e-mail, I'd say there is still a good chance that they'll send out more interview invites in early Jan.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RR666 wrote:
McCombsStudent wrote:
Melodania wrote:

Never hurts to try. If McCombs really is your first choice then you should try to talk to admissions to see if they could possibly match your scholarship from another program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
zl2012 wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:

omg...

Hard to say really, but since the interview deadline is Jan 23rd according to that same e-mail, I'd say there is still a good chance that they'll send out more interview invites in early Jan.

No, not all interview invitations have been distributed. The University is closed from December 21-January 1 so I would not expect any activity during that time.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts