Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q38 V42
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink]
Got the Admission Offer... Carnegie Mellon - Tepper... The feeling still hasn't sunk in...

Excited... No Scholarship... Staring at a big loan amount... A bit of a dampener...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GPA: 3.42
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
ritwikverma wrote:
Got the Admission Offer... Carnegie Mellon - Tepper... The feeling still hasn't sunk in...

Excited... No Scholarship... Staring at a big loan amount... A bit of a dampener...

i'm in the same boat as you, no scholarship and that's really killing me.

do you mind me asking what your profile is? trying to figure out how they offer scholarships... i have a 650 gmat, arguably that's on the weak side, but i see that you have a 700+ gmat and surprised you didn't get any $ either. overall i thought my app was strong, with the exception of my gmat score of course.

i'm tempted to see if i can find a sponsor from my company, but that would mean returning to the same company which i don't really want to do. ahh!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
ritwikverma wrote:

Same here, no scholarship and no US co-signer. Indian banks will fund up to $40K but then its lot of fight to fund the rest. I have $$ from Georgetown but no match to Tepper's reputation. Ahh!! this decision is killing me.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I can totally understand the situation you are in...

Well, I was expecting some scholarship if admitted mainly due to my work ex and GMAT score. Here is my profile anyway...

Undergrad - B.E. (Telecommunications) - VTU (Karnataka) - 71.4% (FCD)
GMAT - 750
Work Ex - 5+ years (2.75 years in Accenture & rest in Headstrong) in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence domain.
Extra Curricular - Strong. (Cultural Co-ordinator at college, numerous prizes in college in cultural activities, stand up comedy experience at various events in Bangalore, part of an improvisational theater group in Bangalore since 2010).
Reason for MBA - Want to focus on the emerging technologies space specially in Business Analytics.

Do you think the admission package that we all are expecting may contain some surprise?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GPA: 3.42
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
ritwikverma wrote:
Hi Guys,

I can totally understand the situation you are in...

Well, I was expecting some scholarship if admitted mainly due to my work ex and GMAT score. Here is my profile anyway...

Undergrad - B.E. (Telecommunications) - VTU (Karnataka) - 71.4% (FCD)
GMAT - 750
Work Ex - 5+ years (2.75 years in Accenture & rest in Headstrong) in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence domain.
Extra Curricular - Strong. (Cultural Co-ordinator at college, numerous prizes in college in cultural activities, stand up comedy experience at various events in Bangalore, part of an improvisational theater group in Bangalore since 2010).
Reason for MBA - Want to focus on the emerging technologies space specially in Business Analytics.

Do you think the admission package that we all are expecting may contain some surprise?

let's hope so!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Please, can someone help me? R2 due date is January 3rd, but one of my recommenders won´t be able to submit the recommendation until January 8th. Do you know if I will be considered for R2 anyway? Since I am an international applicant, it´s mandatory for me to be considered in R2. Thank you very much!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Peruvian2013 wrote:
Please, can someone help me? R2 due date is January 3rd, but one of my recommenders won´t be able to submit the recommendation until January 8th. Do you know if I will be considered for R2 anyway? Since I am an international applicant, it´s mandatory for me to be considered in R2. Thank you very much!

Cant speak from the perspetive of an international student, as I am a US applicant.
I submitted my application with only 2 of my 3 requested recommenders. Application was submitted without a problem. I was contacted several weeks after my submission asking if they should still expect my third recommendation. I advised they shouldn't and my application proceeded from there.
To be safe i would suggest contacting the school directly
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Consulting (Insurance)
Send PM
Now I'm confused . . . I thought Tepper required only two recommendations?!?! If so, I'm in BIG trouble.

PS - I spent several days at Tepper for their Diversity Weekend, and their program completely blew me away. Did you know that they have more Nobel Laureates than even Booth? They're currently in a dead heat with Booth for my number one choice . . . although the adcoms may make that decision for me. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stochastic77 wrote:
Now I'm confused . . . I thought Tepper required only two recommendations?!?! If so, I'm in BIG trouble.

PS - I spent several days at Tepper for their Diversity Weekend, and their program completely blew me away. Did you know that they have more Nobel Laureates than even Booth? They're currently in a dead heat with Booth for my number one choice . . . although the adcoms may make that decision for me. :)

It is only 2 (sorry for the adrenaline rush) I had originally requested a third, optional, recommendation only to decide to not submit it. So the persons name was on the list with no rec associated with it.
I did not know about the Nobel Laureates, pretty neat!
best of luck with your application!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone knows what time specifically is the deadline? Is it the midnight on the due date?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
This is what they say in their twitter: Reminder: the #TepperSchool January 3rd Round 2 Deadline is tomorrow. Please be prepared to submit all materials by the end of the day.

But, I dont know when is end of the day. If I were you, I would submit everything before 6PM EST, just to be sure.

AresZhu wrote:
Anyone knows what time specifically is the deadline? Is it the midnight on the due date?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have been Waitlisted...
I guess its over for me...
Thought my interview went well, seems like it didn't...Damn...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
question for those people who applied in Round1. How long after the deadline did you guys receive the interview invitation? I submitted mine on the due date of Round2
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
AresZhu wrote:
question for those people who applied in Round1. How long after the deadline did you guys receive the interview invitation? I submitted mine on the due date of Round2

Open interview invites were still going on during that period. I would figure most of us that interviewed for Round 1 used the open invite system. Hopefully someone can reply that was actually invited :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
krudget wrote:
AresZhu wrote:

Open interview invites were still going on during that period. I would figure most of us that interviewed for Round 1 used the open invite system. Hopefully someone can reply that was actually invited :)

ah I see. yea I would say I got this big disadvantage for not going to that open interview...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My wife (first year) and I (second year) will be hosting a meet and greet in Mumbai for anyone interested in applying to Tepper.
We have no influence on the decision process, so the event is an opportunity for you to have your questions answered in a non-evaluative
environment.
The Meet&Greet is at the Bandra location of Candies (near Learners Academy) at 5:30 pm today (Monday, January 7th, 2013).
See you there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Hi all,
I am an international student and got an admit just before Christmas. I was trying to arrange for the funds through loans from US. Has anyone had success (or experience) with obtaining student loans with an H1B cosigner?

Also, is there a separate page for the admitted students? I couldn't find one for this year

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts