Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.06
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Smith (U of Maryland) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink]
ankitsingh7 wrote:
Not Yet

I am waiting for the interview call

Fingers Crossed!! :)

Just got my invitation to interview last night... Does anyone know what kind of questions are expected??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rohitc1987 congratulations on your invite. As for interview questions, if you can get your hands on The Complete Start-to-Finish MBA Admissions Guide there are 100 common interview questions inside it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
CBR2015 wrote:
Rohitc1987 congratulations on your invite. As for interview questions, if you can get your hands on The Complete Start-to-Finish MBA Admissions Guide there are 100 common interview questions inside it.

I got my interview invite

3rd of december.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Done with the interview.. Now comes the long wait till Jan 15th!!

Posted from my mobile device
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado

Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Got an Interview Invite from Smith school. People done with your interviews please share your experiences.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Hi everyone,

i am a career changer, want to join a MBA program to get into one of the leadership development / rotational program, such as the ones from AMD, Intel, GE etc.

is Smith a good school for people like me? i tried to research about its employment report, but i couldn't get too much information regarding such programs. hopefully i can find some answers here.

thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I can't say 100%. Though I am applying to Smith as a career changer with an interest in rotational programs. I just received my interview invite last week from my R2 application. Will see if it can be transformed into an acceptance letter.

My take after attending the experience Smith day for prospective students, which I recommend if you have the time, was the career services has dramatically improved over the past few years. Yes, I realize these events are slightly bias and researched on my own as well. I can tell you the students were honestly enthusiastic about Smith, not in the we are faking it in front of guests kind of enthusiasm.

I would suggest comparing the companies that have recruited at Smith in the last two years, to those which have Leadership Development Programs. I found that there are several companies that recruit for these programs at Smith. When using google-fu I found a list from Smith's career services of all the MBA LDP type programs they had knowledge of. (Sorry I am on vacation and the link is on a computer at home). There was little about rotational programs in general when you compare it to the trendy consulting and finance recruiting going on at most top colleges.

A great tool is Linkedin or Google, reviewing alumni access to companies with these programs is just as if not more important than access to recruiters in some instances.

Hope this helps. Best of Luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just received this in my application decision. Does it mean that i will be offered admission? Or its just another selection process?

Quote:
Congratulations!
On behalf of the Robert H. Smith School of Business Full-Time MBA Admissions Committee, I am delighted to inform you that we have reviewed your application for admission and have forwarded your file to the University of Maryland's central Graduate School with our full recommendation for official admission into the Fall 2013 term! You will shortly receive correspondence from the Graduate School regarding your official admission status to the University of Maryland.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ankitsingh7 wrote:
I just received this in my application decision. Does it mean that i will be offered admission? Or its just another selection process?

Quote:
Congratulations!
On behalf of the Robert H. Smith School of Business Full-Time MBA Admissions Committee, I am delighted to inform you that we have reviewed your application for admission and have forwarded your file to the University of Maryland's central Graduate School with our full recommendation for official admission into the Fall 2013 term! You will shortly receive correspondence from the Graduate School regarding your official admission status to the University of Maryland.

I received the same message. I don’t think there is another step in the application process i.e. I think we are accepted. UMD has to verify your transcripts and GMAT score and then will send out an official acceptance letter.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got the same e-mail too. Did anyone get the Fin Aid decision though?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
td2013 wrote:
I can't say 100%. Though I am applying to Smith as a career changer with an interest in rotational programs. I just received my interview invite last week from my R2 application. Will see if it can be transformed into an acceptance letter.

My take after attending the experience Smith day for prospective students, which I recommend if you have the time, was the career services has dramatically improved over the past few years. Yes, I realize these events are slightly bias and researched on my own as well. I can tell you the students were honestly enthusiastic about Smith, not in the we are faking it in front of guests kind of enthusiasm.

I would suggest comparing the companies that have recruited at Smith in the last two years, to those which have Leadership Development Programs. I found that there are several companies that recruit for these programs at Smith. When using google-fu I found a list from Smith's career services of all the MBA LDP type programs they had knowledge of. (Sorry I am on vacation and the link is on a computer at home). There was little about rotational programs in general when you compare it to the trendy consulting and finance recruiting going on at most top colleges.

A great tool is Linkedin or Google, reviewing alumni access to companies with these programs is just as if not more important than access to recruiters in some instances.

Hope this helps. Best of Luck.

thanks for the long reply!

one more question about the career goal essay.

I will write about my interest in general management and rotational program. However, i am kinda worry that if the school is not focus so much in general management and its career service is not strong in getting a spot in the rotational program, is that going to hurt my chance of admittance? i think smiths much stronger in MIS.

in your essay, did you write about your interest in rotational program? did you include detail about any specific program that you interested? or can i be general about it?

thanks again for your time!

by the way, good luck to your interview!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am keeping my fingers crossed. The financial aid would come in a mail. The response that we have received is automated to obviously they wont provide person specific scholarship. Look out for a personalized email with the financial aid details. I am still a little confused about this application decision so i am not changing my application status to admitted yet :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Can the people who got accepted please post their profiles/GMAT and TOEFL scores.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nehamahajan wrote:
Hi,

Can the people who got accepted please post their profiles/GMAT and TOEFL scores.

Hi Neha,

Here's my profile:
GMAT: 710 [Q-49, V 38, AWA 5.5]
TOEFL: 115
Previous Education: B.Tech (I.T.), MBA (Tech.), Post Graduate Diploma in Foreign Trade, Post Graduate Diploma in Foreign Exchange & Risk Management
Work Experience: 3 Years working for a Government Bank in India as the Head of their Import and Remittances Department
Applied for: Dual MBA and MPP degree at UMD
Desired Job Industry: International Non Profits [E.g. World Bank, Asian Development Bank etc]

Hope that helps. For more info, you can PM me.

Rohit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Rohitc1987 wrote:
nehamahajan wrote:
Hi,

Hi Neha,

Here's my profile:
GMAT: 710 [Q-49, V 38, AWA 5.5]
TOEFL: 115
Previous Education: B.Tech (I.T.), MBA (Tech.), Post Graduate Diploma in Foreign Trade, Post Graduate Diploma in Foreign Exchange & Risk Management
Work Experience: 3 Years working for a Government Bank in India as the Head of their Import and Remittances Department
Applied for: Dual MBA and MPP degree at UMD
Desired Job Industry: International Non Profits [E.g. World Bank, Asian Development Bank etc]

Hope that helps. For more info, you can PM me.

Rohit

Thanks Rohit. I got an interview call and its scheduled for 9th January. Any tips??

What all questions they had asked?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nehamahajan wrote:
Hi,

GMAT: 700 V 35 M 49 AWA 4.5
TOEFL : 105
B.Tech. Computer science.

Work ex. 2+yrs(3 by the time i join)

I work with in the IT sector with TCS
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert