Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:51 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Has any admitted student received the physical "letter and packet" from Tuck yet? Anyone have an idea of when we should expect it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Mine came today via FedEx. Had the acceptance letter and a tuck bag

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
belmont08 wrote:

Sweet, I'm still waiting for mine.

Guess it takes a while for it to reach west coast! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1
Send PM
R1-ers..any interview invites yet? For the non-self-initiated.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
hselika wrote:
R1-ers..any interview invites yet? For the non-self-initiated.

Yes, I had Skype interview about a week ago.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
belmont08 wrote:

I got mine today in the midwest....although I don't think FexEd delivered yesterday due to a snow storm in my area so maybe I should have gotten it yesterday, lol. Apparently Tuck invites people to the quant based Pre-Enrollment Program (PEP) in the acceptance letter (I called them about it)...I don't have a heavy quant based background (military / IT) but wasn't invited to PEP. Some people have to attend PEP as a condition of being offered admission while others are just invited apparently...was hoping to be invited to hit the ground running before classes start and start building my Tuckie network. I guess I can still do the outward bound stuff. Anyone get invited to PEP in the acceptance letter?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 23 Dec 2012, 08:56.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
riskylvrg wrote:
Fellow Tuck admits and applicants, would really appreciate some advice on the admission decision, completely lost right now:

kellogg-tuck-yale-som-darden-tepper-chicago-wl-144619.html

You applied to 12 schools in round 1!? I'd have to say that is way too many...you should have researched the top few schools that you'd like to attend and dedicated more hours to those applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Agreed, plus there are tons of people on here with no admits so way to rub it in their faces. When you're comparing between top 3-15 schools, it's mostly about personal preference anyway.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 23 Dec 2012, 12:02.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:03, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [3]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Kudos
codytravers wrote:
Agreed, plus there are tons of people on here with no admits so way to rub it in their faces. When you're comparing between top 3-15 schools, it's mostly about personal preference anyway.

I think alot of us have been in the zero admit club before(and we know how it feels getting dinged by all the schools you applied to) so its unfair to say asking for a opinion in anyway signifies "rubbing it in". I think he/she is just trying to gather the combined knowledge of other forum members, which I don't feel is wrong.Also, after all each of us are going to invest a massive $250K(including opportunity costs and personal sacrifices). Its imperative we ensure we invest all that $ in the right school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Kellogg School of Management - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I submitted an application for the November round but since then I've gotten promoted at work. Is it appropriate to email the Admissions Office with this new position, plus maybe 1-2 bullets with new responsibilities over the past 2 months?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ciprf wrote:
I submitted an application for the November round but since then I've gotten promoted at work. Is it appropriate to email the Admissions Office with this new position, plus maybe 1-2 bullets with new responsibilities over the past 2 months?

If the promotion is substantial with more responsibilities then I'd definitely send admissions an email with the update.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1832 [0]
Given Kudos: 370
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
bigcountry wrote:
mappleby wrote:
What did you write about?

I wrote about the stark difference between my undergraduate major and my work experience; it was something that I had left unexplained in the rest of my app, and the essay fit quite well with the rest of them, and was unique to Tuck.

Anyone else write optional essays that weren't necessarily explaining a flaw, but instead rounding out an app?

I had asked about the optional essay question to one of the adcom members during an info session , she said people use it to explain low GPA,long gaps in employments, frequent job changes, unexplained career switches.
She said i should write one only if rest of the application and essays are unable to convey the whole story.
so IMO if you made a major career switch as mentioned above and did not write about it in any of your other essays, its OK to mention that in your optional essay.You don't want to leave the adcom guessing
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1832 [0]
Given Kudos: 370
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
ttnguyen wrote:
Prudence wrote:
Hi everyone, I attended the Tuck reception in Bangalore and thought I'd share some pointers. Some of these may already be known to you:

1. EA invites are still coming out, geography no bar. This year, the EA volume is up by 30% and Allegra mentioned that the adcom is stressed out, trying to wrap up everything before the decision day. Her advice to applicants was to wait and not assume the worst.

(Personally, I feel that since they haven't finished reading the apps, you cannot assume that they've covered all apps from country X or Y. I don't think it is correct to assume that if you didn't get an invitation that coincided with a reception, you're scrood.)

2. As str1der previously mentioned, almost 60% of the class is decided from the EA and November rounds.

3. They don't care about multiple GMAT attempts, whether the scores trended up or down. Just have a good score(s) in one of them.

4. Allegra mentioned that she uses a + and - column while reviewing applications. So if your GMAT is low, like in the 500s or 600s, she would put that under the minus column. But this alone does not qualify for a ding. They look for other compensating strengths or evidence that you have worked on these weaknesses. One exception would be military candidates, who have either the GPA or GMAT low, but generally have great profiles. Tuck loves military candidates and recruiters love them too.

5. For those who applied in the November round, expect interview invites to come out 6 weeks from 11/7.

6. The one thing she stressed the most were the career goals. I think she talked about it at least 3 or 4 times. If your career goal is lofty, then Career Services steps in to determine whether they have the resources to place you in that role after your MBA. So it is very important that you state a strong case for your goals.

7. They don't expect Indian candidates to have stratospheric GMAT scores. It's just that they're so used to seeing these scores from India. They don't think 680-710 is bad at all. However they will be concerned if your verbal or quantitative score is low, or if your AWA is below 4.5.

Hope this helps!
Pru

Hey all --

Congrats to the future Tuckies if you were accepted and planning to attend!!

I was actually wondering if anyone applied the November round, and if you've received an interview invitation (if you haven't gone through the self-initiated interview of course). According to Prudence's post (thanks Pru!), the invitations would have been communicated some time this week. Would be great if you can update on that!

Thanks!

Just to add my 2 cents, most of the ppl invited to interview in Delhi and Mumbai had their scores in the range of 720-760 and Allegra said when she says 60% seats are filled by EA and Nov round she is making a assumption which can sway by 10-15 % , bcoz by then (mid-Nov) she did not know about the number and quality of applicants in Nov round. Career goals and why tuck need to be articulated very clearly.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hey guys. I noticed on the Tuck application that they want the official gmat score report by the deadline. The other schools just require self-report, so this is worrying me since Tuck was not one of the 5 schools i reported on test day to get my score. How big of a problem is this? If i pay GMAT to send the report, it will take about a week to get to Tuck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:
Hey guys. I noticed on the Tuck application that they want the official gmat score report by the deadline. The other schools just require self-report, so this is worrying me since Tuck was not one of the 5 schools i reported on test day to get my score. How big of a problem is this? If i pay GMAT to send the report, it will take about a week to get to Tuck.

If it's a day or two late, I can imagine that they'll let it slide. Probably best to email the adcom about it, though (assuming you went to mba.com and sent them tonight!)

Also, the scores normally take less than a week. Mine took 3 business days for two of my schools, and 4 for another. Hopefully that relieves some anxiety :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts