Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 189 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 730 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: GMAT score: 690 ( 42 Quant , 41 Verbal) [#permalink]
What was your undergrad degree?

The admissions for the european master degrees require good quant skills, which you have to demonstrate either by a quantitative undergrad degree or/and by a good gmat quant score. Imo the GMAT quant score doesn't really have a lot in common with the math that you will encounter in those degrees, but its really the only fair comparison the admissions have. You have to get a higher quant score(>48) in order to have a chance at good programs in Europe, but it's gonna be tough because your GPA is also a little too low.
Intern
Intern
Send PM

Originally posted by mockney on 23 Dec 2012, 14:27.
Last edited by mockney on 26 Mar 2013, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 730 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
In which area would you like to work later?

From what I've read, the common route is to start working in Europe after a degree in Europe, and US banks don't really recruit from European universities. If you'd like to work in London you can either study in the UK at target unis such as Oxford, LSE(try the Accounting & Finance course though), Imperial, Warwick or Cambridge and LBS( which both require work experience), although I think your chances at those schools are not that good, or you could study at universities like Bocconi, SSE, Rotterdam and some other, which also place well in London(from what I've heard). I think you would have way better chances at the latter unis. Relevant internships also increase your chances in those programs.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
You would not be eligible for the top European universities because of your GPA. I applied to LBS and LSE, both of which required at least a 3.5 GPA. I got into Villanova, got an interview with Vanderbilt, and got an interview with LBS. I am still waiting to hear back from MIT, WUSTL, and LSE.

You might be borderline with top US programs. Your GPA is below average and your GMAT is either average or slightly above average. If you have the time, I would suggest retaking the GMAT. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
commdiver wrote:
You would not be eligible for the top European universities because of your GPA. I applied to LBS and LSE, both of which required at least a 3.5 GPA. I got into Villanova, got an interview with Vanderbilt, and got an interview with LBS. I am still waiting to hear back from MIT, WUSTL, and LSE.

You might be borderline with top US programs. Your GPA is below average and your GMAT is either average or slightly above average. If you have the time, I would suggest retaking the GMAT. Good luck!

Thanks for responding

Originally posted by mockney on 31 Dec 2012, 11:18.
Last edited by mockney on 03 Jan 2013, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mockney wrote:
commdiver wrote:

Thanks for responding. However, where did you get the information that they both require at least 3.5+?

They have it on their websites.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts