Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: ESADE - Sept 2011 intake [#permalink]
Congrats - hope we'll meet in autumn 2012 at ESADE - but after my poor performance in the GMAT I don't think so :-(.
May I ask you to share Information about the Interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Don't lose hope jbelli, try to put all your focus into making yourself stand out in your essays and interview.

My interview was with Albert and it was great! Very comfortable and conversational. We talked mostly about things on my resume, my experiences, why I picked the program. Was also asked some questions like "If 20 years from now you're on the cover of TIME magazine, what would you want it to say about you?" This was the third interview I had done so I was pretty comfortable answering these types of questions. I made sure I was sincere with my answers and that I made it a point to mention things that I believe made me stand out like the fact that even though I have been a varsity softball player for 5 years, I still excelled in my academics. I also mentioned things I knew about ESADE like how it was well-ranked and focused on working in teams and how I believe I'd make a great addition to the program.

Keep us updated on your progress! Have you submitted your application already?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey - thank you very much for your summary of the interview. No I did not submit the complete application until now because I still have to attend the TOEFL test.
So I will submit the application at the beginning of January. I will keep you updated.

Br,

jakob
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE:Asset Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi All,

I have submitted my application on 24-Dec-2011 for ESADE-2014 class.

Is there anyone else who've submitted his/her application for 2014 class. Please share your profile.

Has anyone got an admit till now..??? Please share your experience, would be very helpful.

Thank you,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:Asset Management (Consulting)
Send PM
goan81 wrote:
I applied for the ESADE Full-time MBA in R1 for the Sept 12 intake.
I was interviewed by adcom last week in Singapore. Received a mail yesterday stating that I have been placed on waiting list. :?

My Profile:
Indian Male
WE: 8 year in IT
GMAT: 670

All the best to everyone.

Hi, What is the status of your application now? Please share your experience.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied to ESADE class of 2014 and received acceptance in December 2011. I just submitted my deposit yesterday so I will be attending this fall.

My profile:

29 year old from New York
7.5 years work experience in communications, marketing, digital (sports-focused)
700 GMAT
Undergrad GPA - I'd rather not discuss it

I believe that who you are is as important, if not more important than academic credentials. It seems ESADE wants to have a class that will function as a team, and having been there earlier this week, it certainly shone through. The best advice I can give (for what it's worth) is to figure out what your point of differentiation is and play to your strengths.

Also, I've been told the class is about 40% full at this point.

Best of luck to everyone. I'd love to meet others from the class of 2014 so please PM me (or just PM me if you want to chat more).

Jonathan
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 129 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Jsschecter wrote:
I applied to ESADE class of 2014 and received acceptance in December 2011. I just submitted my deposit yesterday so I will be attending this fall.

My profile:

7.5 years work experience in communications, marketing, digital (sports-focused)
700 GMAT

I believe that who you are is as important, if not more important than academic credentials. It seems ESADE wants to have a class that will function as a team, and having been there earlier this week, it certainly shone through. The best advice I can give (for what it's worth) is to figure out what your point of differentiation is and play to your strengths.

Best of luck to everyone. I'd love to meet others from the class of 2014 so please PM me (or just PM me if you want to chat more).

Jonathan

Hey,

I am planning to apply to ESADE as well. Need to do some research before I decide to apply..

If you can be kind enough to jot down a few strengths of ESADE which compelled you to join ESADE..

Infact, I throw this question to everybody in this forum and would love to know their perspectives..

In addition, my other target schools were IESE and IE..Hence, the IESE v/s ESADE v/s IE war continues inside me:-)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
WE 1: IT Consulting (4 years)
Send PM
Jsschecter wrote:

My profile:

700 GMAT

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I have gone through the ESADE Admissions process and got accepted last Friday. Good to know that you will be in Barcelona come September.

My profile:

25 year old from Seattle/India
4.5 years work experience in Consulting (IT)
670 GMAT

Have you had a chance to visit the campus yet?

Sam.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OptimusPrimea1 wrote:
Jsschecter wrote:

My profile:

700 GMAT

Jonathan

Hey,

I am planning to apply to ESADE as well. Need to do some research before I decide to apply..

If you can be kind enough to jot down a few strengths of ESADE which compelled you to join ESADE..

Infact, I throw this question to everybody in this forum and would love to know their perspectives..

In addition, my other target schools were IESE and IE..Hence, the IESE v/s ESADE v/s IE war continues inside me:-)

Hi OptimusPrimea1,

I recently got admitted into ESADE, which was my first choice, based on the following strengths of the school, which was done after my own research and speaking to several ESADE Alumni:

- One of the top business schools in Europe, with a great MBA program
- The business school is a close-knit community where everyone gets to know each other
- The school embraces multiculturalism
- They advocate team work and participation in classes
- Barcelona is a beautiful place to live!

To Jonathon and Sam : Congrats on your admission to ESADE! A few of us who were admitted have already gotten in touch with each other on facebook, and developed this informal ESADE Facebook group for this year's intake:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/esade2012/

If you have facebook feel free to join as it would be great to get acquainted with you guys before classes , and kick start our Barcelona journey!

Regards,

Sami
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

Congratulations on all who got into ESADE. I am intereseted in the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Master programme but I cannot seem to find any information on it here. Does anyone have any insights to share?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I am looking to pursue Master in International Management for the 2014 intake.
My possible options are as follows -

Country
France
Spain

Duration
2 years
1 year

Other parameters that i am looking at
Placements
Starting salaries
Financial Options

I have finally got an admit from ESADE, Barcelona.

My dilemma here is that i was more interested in pursuing my course in France (HEC or ESCP) but have to confirm the ESADE offer before the results of either HEC or ESCP are even out.

Looking for advise as to what would be the best course of action and if its worth the risk to let go ESADE and try for HEC/ESCP. College wise, ESADE fits right into my career goals.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived ESADE Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our ESADE Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated ESADE Forum for all fresh things related to the ESADE MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts