Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:26 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I'm out of town and can't access the admitted student portal (sad!) and was wondering if someone could share the tentative schedule for "Day at Kellogg" in February. I'm thinking of buying some plane tickets before the New Year and would like to know what time things get started (and end for that matter). I really want to futz around in the portal...wish I could read my mail remotely! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
machichi wrote:
I'm out of town and can't access the admitted student portal (sad!) and was wondering if someone could share the tentative schedule for "Day at Kellogg" in February. I'm thinking of buying some plane tickets before the New Year and would like to know what time things get started (and end for that matter). I really want to futz around in the portal...wish I could read my mail remotely! :)

There are events scheduled from 7:30 PM on Feb 14th to 11:30 PM of Feb 16th on the portal. There are optional housing tours on the 17th.

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V45
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
does anyone have the link to Kellogg's list of clubs/activities and programs available to MBA students?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [3]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Azn84 wrote:
does anyone have the link to Kellogg's list of clubs/activities and programs available to MBA students?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kellogg+Clubs+and+Activities
Manager
Manager
Send PM
DMNY31 wrote:
Azn84 wrote:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kellogg+Clubs+and+Activities

very funny. i googled and i was wondering if anyone had the "official" direct link. I was really looking for the programs like global labs global management initiative etc. can you please google that for me?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.6
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Azn84 wrote:

Current student here, here is a link to the clubs portal but I do not think it has info about the G-lab or other academic opportunities.

https://kellogg.campusgroups.com

You should be able to browse without having to log in.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
spivey181 wrote:
Azn84 wrote:

Current student here, here is a link to the clubs portal but I do not think it has info about the G-lab or other academic opportunities.

Hey! Thanks for writing back. I was actually looking for information on the academic opportunities. When I had visited campus they had mentioned the G-lab and the global initiatives in management. I was wondering if it was possible to find a full listing. I am especially interested in opportunities that relate to small business development in emerging market/globally... Really appreciate your help!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.6
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Azn84 wrote:
spivey181 wrote:
Azn84 wrote:

Hey! Thanks for writing back. I was actually looking for information on the academic opportunities. When I had visited campus they had mentioned the G-lab and the global initiatives in management. I was wondering if it was possible to find a full listing. I am especially interested in opportunities that relate to small business development in emerging market/globally... Really appreciate your help!

Here's the website for GIM (Global Initiatives in Management). It has a listing of the GIM courses for this year if you peruse the tabs on the left.

https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/aca ... /index.htm
Kellogg School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
No word yet on interview. Submitted R2 Part 1. Part 2 underway. Shouldn't I have heard something about the interview (or waiver) by now? Not having a great feeling about this. I'm from India.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q162 V169
GPA: 3.65
WE:Analyst (Real Estate)
Send PM
Quick app question if somebody wouldn't mind helping me out. In the employment history section it seems unclear whether you should list multiple positions within the same company. (HBS for example said specifically only list company once). There is only a text box for "current position." Have people generally listed all their positions within a single company in this "current position" box, or have people been dropping that down into "employer #2" even though it is not a distinct employer? Thanks for the help!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Kudos
sugarmag wrote:
Quick app question if somebody wouldn't mind helping me out. In the employment history section it seems unclear whether you should list multiple positions within the same company. (HBS for example said specifically only list company once). There is only a text box for "current position." Have people generally listed all their positions within a single company in this "current position" box, or have people been dropping that down into "employer #2" even though it is not a distinct employer? Thanks for the help!

I just went back and looked at my application. I listed the different positions I held in the same company under separate headings. Under "Reason for leaving", I said "Promotion" or "Transfer".

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
It's been a while since I've been on here, just want to say congrats to all the recent admits!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Knowledge Gurus,

A very very Happy New Year to all the admits and to people who are still fighting their way out :)

Wanted to check with you all on something. I was re-re-re-reading my Kellogg essays :-D and got some last minute thoughts for addition. Working on incorporating those, I wonder if it would be OK to use abbreviated names like SEEK or CIM in the essay without providing the full name ? Do you think it will be OK to write them as such ? :) If I write the full names that makes my essay 508 words :(

I read it somewhere on the forum that going 5 % above the recommended essay length might be OK. If anyone can comment a bit on that, I will appreciate that.

Best Wishes !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
cognizant2001 wrote:
Knowledge Gurus,

A very very Happy New Year to all the admits and to people who are still fighting their way out :)

Wanted to check with you all on something. I was re-re-re-reading my Kellogg essays :-D and got some last minute thoughts for addition. Working on incorporating those, I wonder if it would be OK to use abbreviated names like SEEK or CIM in the essay without providing the full name ? Do you think it will be OK to write them as such ? :) If I write the full names that makes my essay 508 words :(

I read it somewhere on the forum that going 5 % above the recommended essay length might be OK. If anyone can comment a bit on that, I will appreciate that.

Best Wishes !

It's probably fine to use acronyms that are school-specific and these insider acronyms might actually help show that you have strong knowledge of the program. I decided not to, though; instead I said "Social Enterprise at Kellogg (SEEK)" so I could use the acronym again later. 508 words is totally fine. I was naughty and had 540 in one, and well, I still got in...Nonetheless, make sure those extra words are absolutely essential. Usually they're not.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
machichi wrote:
It's probably fine to use acronyms that are school-specific and these insider acronyms might actually help show that you have strong knowledge of the program. I decided not to, though; instead I said "Social Enterprise at Kellogg (SEEK)" so I could use the acronym again later. 508 words is totally fine. I was naughty and had 540 in one, and well, I still got in...Nonetheless, make sure those extra words are absolutely essential. Usually they're not.

Thanks buddy ! Totally appreciate it. :)

Although, now my naughty side is provoking me to go back to the raw drafts and seek out information that I previously couldn't fit and may be make my essays 525 words :-D

I was on the dreaded WL last year and am hoping for something better this time :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
cognizant2001 wrote:
machichi wrote:

Thanks buddy ! Totally appreciate it. :)

Although, now my naughty side is provoking me to go back to the raw drafts and seek out information that I previously couldn't fit and may be make my essays 525 words :-D

I was on the dreaded WL last year and am hoping for something better this time :)

In my experience, you can get rid of most adverbs ("-ly" words) without materially changing the meaning of your sentences. Maybe give that a shot?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
I crawled a few search engine results but only found threads at least a few years old... so does anyone know if Kellogg currently has a preference or specification on single vs. 1.5 vs. double line spacing? Font (Arial, Times New Roman, etc.)? Thanks in advance ~
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts