Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Can anyone please post the Yale recommendation questions ? It's a but urgent ! Thanks.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
mbamust30 wrote:
Can anyone please post the Yale recommendation questions ? It's a but urgent ! Thanks.

Hi mbamust30,

Yale's recommendation questions were posted on Page 2 of this thread here.

I've also included them below for your reference:

machichi wrote:
Please write an assessment of the applicant that addresses the prompts below. We are looking for your candid and accurate assessment of the applicant's potential to be a successful leader and what specific traits the applicant possesses that evidence this potential. Please be as specific as possible and use concrete examples where applicable. Do not incorporate anything drafted by the candidate in your recommendation or have the candidate submit the recommendation on your behalf.
• Please comment on the context of your interaction with the applicant. How long have you known the applicant and in what connection? If applicable, briefly describe the applicant's role in your organization. (250 words)
• Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response. (250 words)
• How does the applicant's performance compare to other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (250 words)
• Please make additional statements about the applicant's performance, potential or personal qualities you believe would be helpful to the admissions committee. (250 words)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I am applying in Round 2. Does anyone know when I could expect to get an interview invitation? My visa is expiring and I need to leave the country by the first week of Feb. I was wondering if it is worth staying here till the end of January expecting an interview [I assume it would be better to give the interview on campus as opposed to off campus]. If there is no chance of getting the interview in Jan, then I might as well leave early.

Any advice is much appreciated guys.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.51
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
theac wrote:
I am applying in Round 2. Does anyone know when I could expect to get an interview invitation? My visa is expiring and I need to leave the country by the first week of Feb. I was wondering if it is worth staying here till the end of January expecting an interview [I assume it would be better to give the interview on campus as opposed to off campus]. If there is no chance of getting the interview in Jan, then I might as well leave early.

Hi! I think your best frame of reference would be the turn-around-time for Round 1 this year or the TAT for Round 2 last year.
This year we got invites as early as about a week after the R1 application deadline. But there's really no telling whether you get invited on the first week, second week, or on the week when they announce decisions.

I don't think they would take it against you if you can't come to New Haven for an interview, being an international applicant. I myself had my interview via Skype, and I can't say it hurt my chances of getting in. How you perform in the interview would probably be a better measure of your application strength versus the nature/manner of your interview (on-campus, during a Yale SOM event, or via Skype).

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Kudos
To provide one data-point, I applied round 2 last year and received my interview invite on 1/27 and had my interview on 2/10 (I'm not an international student but still had it off-campus in Los Angeles, in-person with Bruce DelMonico, Director of Admissions).

theac wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics
Send PM
I'd like some advice from current Yale SOM students.

How important do you think it is to visit Yale in person from the ad-com's perspective? Some schools such as Tuck and Fuqua place a big emphasis on visiting in person.

I've been trying to visit Yale for a while but their visit calendar is booked until February and I don't want to apply if not visiting the school will lower my chances of getting in.

Thanks for your input.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Gsmon - to offer one data point, I applied without prior visit and was interviewed and admitted. Yale doesn't seem to worry too much about visiting before applying, but they do like candidate to come on campus for interviews. You should be fine, but definitely do your research as Yale has a very different program from many top schools.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM