Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: What info does Kroll go through in its background check? [#permalink]
Well the reason i asked is that I worked for one company for 2 months before quitting 6 months after graduating college, and I didn't include this info when listing out my entire history of employment post-grad. Is that bad?? It was just 2 months!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
FN wrote:
dont fret over it...they will simply verify your current employment, employment of your recommenders..beyond that they will do a credit check...

they cannot verify your past employment etc..

Sorry to bump a very old post, but this is wrong. Kroll does indeed verify your past employment, even if you did NOT get a recommender from that company.

If you're honest, this is a total non-issue. Just don't fabricate stuff, and you're fine.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:
FN wrote:
dont fret over it...they will simply verify your current employment, employment of your recommenders..beyond that they will do a credit check...

Sorry to bump a very old post, but this is wrong. Kroll does indeed verify your past employment, even if you did NOT get a recommender from that company.

If you're honest, this is a total non-issue. Just don't fabricate stuff, and you're fine.

Now since you have bumped the topic, I was wondering whether we need to have certificates/proofs of every Extra curricular we mention ?
There are college ECs, some of which have no certificates at all. Reason to worry ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
dreamchase wrote:
Shawshank wrote:
FN wrote:

Now since you have bumped the topic, I was wondering whether we need to have certificates/proofs of every Extra curricular we mention ?
There are college ECs, some of which have no certificates at all. Reason to worry ?

From my understanding (someone who actually went through kroll verification can correct me) kroll does not verify EC unless it was something major or substantial. The check consists of them calling HR of your last firm to ask about dates of employment, job title, salary, and then your recommenders. I think they also call up your previous 2 firms even if you did not get a recommender from one of them. After that, they verify your academic record.

As I said, unless you're outright making stuff up, you'll be fine.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
i went through a similar background check at my current job (i believe it may have actually been Kroll). A redflag was brought up since they couldn't verify my previous employment (i did banking abroad in Europe and i believe there was a bit of a language barrier and typical european red-tape for Kroll). But they asked me to either give the number of my previous manager or an HR line. After a week, I finally found an HR rep that spoke English to help me through the transition.

All in all, there are way to many variables in the background check that would flag a false positive for misrepresentation. I think Kroll and companies alike realize this and give you many opportunities to prove your employment. I went as far was providing payroll stubs
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 37
GPA: 3
Send PM
prorsum wrote:
i went through a similar background check at my current job (i believe it may have actually been Kroll). A redflag was brought up since they couldn't verify my previous employment (i did banking abroad in Europe and i believe there was a bit of a language barrier and typical european red-tape for Kroll). But they asked me to either give the number of my previous manager or an HR line. After a week, I finally found an HR rep that spoke English to help me through the transition.

All in all, there are way to many variables in the background check that would flag a false positive for misrepresentation. I think Kroll and companies alike realize this and give you many opportunities to prove your employment. I went as far was providing payroll stubs

Hi guys!!

Hello!! Wanted to ask you how the process works exactly with the background check companies: when you pay them background check fees: do you have some sort of login and data sheet to confirm info of contact for past employment? I think I gave the wrong number since it changed; further do you know how far back in history they check? I mean do they check the last job only, the current only, the past 2, etc etc...? I would like to warn my former supervisor in advance..
thks :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
loathetheapps wrote:
Just a question - what sorts of things does Kroll look at to verify your employment history, salary, etc? Do they have access to your tax returns, or it more just calling your companies and looking at your credit history?

Thanks!

Any answers relating to the above? What do they do to verify employment of International applicants? What if my employer isn't willing to share compensation details?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Yale '23 (A)
Send PM
Ella2017 wrote:
prorsum wrote:

Hi guys!!

Hello!! Wanted to ask you how the process works exactly with the background check companies: when you pay them background check fees: do you have some sort of login and data sheet to confirm info of contact for past employment? I think I gave the wrong number since it changed; further do you know how far back in history they check? I mean do they check the last job only, the current only, the past 2, etc etc...? I would like to warn my former supervisor in advance..
thks :)

Same question here. Do they check undergraduate internships and research???? If you indicated them in application forms or resume?
GMAT Club Bot