Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:49 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Does anyone know what percentage of the applicant pool gets invited to interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
shmirill wrote:
Hey everyone,

Do you think there is still a chance to get an interview invite...?

I think we should keep our hopes alive till mid Jan. One of the post in the preceding page mentioned that interview invite required him/her to complete the interview by 18th Jan.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Received an interview intive this morning; interview must be completed on campus, in-person by Jan 18th.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Received an invite sometime back :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
anonymous44 wrote:
Received an interview intive this morning; interview must be completed on campus, in-person by Jan 18th.

Are you in the ATL area?

I'm in NYC. Will I be expected to fly to Atlanta if invited to interview or do they allow interviews with alumni in hub cities?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DMNY31 wrote:
anonymous44 wrote:

Are you in the ATL area?

I'm in NYC. Will I be expected to fly to Atlanta if invited to interview or do they allow interviews with alumni in hub cities?

My interview invite clearly said "in-person, on-campus" and I'm in the Boston area. They did have interviews with alums available, but they were on a Saturday on-campus.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thats rough, especially on such short notice. I will have to keep my calendar somewhat clear I suppose.
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
I just scheduled my interview (pending confirmation) for Thursday night (Indian Time). Does anyone know how long it takes for them to confirm and send the Web Conference link?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
I believe there was a section in the application where you indicated either on campus or Skype interviews. They also offered open interviews during their super Saturdays but this was also on campus.

I know they prefer people to interview on campus as most if the interviews are done by the adcom.

I attended a super Saturday in September and elected not to interview at that time. I was later invited during round 1 and given the option of interviewing on campus or at an mba fair in the city I live. Since I had been to campus I elected to interview at the mba fair.

I do believe if they are in a city near an applicant they invite to interview they offer that option. Not sure how often this happens though

Manager
Manager
Send PM
thanks for the clarification. I already visited campus this past fall (not for Super Saturday) so hopefully I'll be able to interview in NYC.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Finally received the interview invitation :) Was starting to loose hope.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
Send PM
Hi, does anyone know if there are still avaible interviews now?
I received the interview invitation last night, but when I created an account and tried to request an interview, I found there is no avaible interviews until 1/18(except Saturday, but I live in Taiwan and may not able to have an on-campus interview).
I have written a letter to the school asking for assistance and now waiting for reply.
Does anyone have the same situation like me?
Thanks!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
matsu913 wrote:
I received the interview invitation last night, but when I created an account and tried to request an interview, I found there is no avaible interviews until 1/18(except Saturday, but I live in Taiwan and may not able to have an on-campus interview).
I have written a letter to the school asking for assistance and now waiting for reply.
Thanks!!!

Hi, Try to select all available interviewers excluding alumni interviewers. When I registered last night, Jan 9, Jan 10 Jan 14 were showing up as open slots. However, they might have been filled up. However, the school will definitely free up a slot for you before Jan 18, don't worry.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
Send PM
icecube6000 wrote:
matsu913 wrote:
Thanks!!!

Hi, Try to select all available interviewers excluding alumni interviewers. When I registered last night, Jan 9, Jan 10 Jan 14 were showing up as open slots. However, they might have been filled up. However, the school will definitely free up a slot for you before Jan 18, don't worry.

Yeah you are right, the school just replied me and said that they has added more spots. Now there are some spots available.Thank you so much and good luck to your interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone,

So i have an interview tomorrow via Microsoft Lync and i wanted to ask a technical question. Do i join a meeting few minutes before and the interviewer approves me? or do i need to wait till the interviewer does something?

I'm asking this, because with other school i had a Skype interview and it was specifically mentioned that i need to wait till interviewer calls me...

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Goizueta (M)
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
hselika wrote:
Congrats to all those who got invited to interview. I had my interview on MS Lync 3 days back. Had problems with the system and therefore she called me on my cellphone and we had a phone interview.

Questions were pretty standard: why MBA, why now
She asked me abou my startup and how I was going to handle it a lot with my MBA
I come from an engineering background but have been in strategic marketing right upon graduation. Se asked me why. A few more questions from te resume

She asked me how the MBA would help t short term goals of being in strategic marketing consulting. I told her about the GMSC program.

She asked me how I felt about living in Atlanta.

The interview lasted exactly 4 minutes and she didn't have time to take questions from me as she had another interview lined up. I asked her about GALA and she said she would connect me with a current student about it and that student would help me with it.

Overall I felt the interview went fine but not awesome as it was sort d rushed.

hselika,

Glad to hear about your interview and your interest in GMSC and GALA - both great portions of the GBS MBA Experience. Though, only 4 minutes?! I didn't realize the admissions office had become so efficient...are you sure it wasn't 40? Just wanted to clarify for others, so they don't expect a super-short interview. Again, big congratulations and I look forward to hearing about your application decision.

Best,
Jon
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi,

As I had posted earlier, i got an email to resend my essays, since they were unable to access it.
Since the school reopened on 3rd, I'm just wondering if they would have done going through my application/essays by now. Since the decision date is so close, is there still hope for me to get an I/V call?

Of course it is possible that they have gone through my app and didn't like it, but should I mail them and confirm if they have gone through my application?

Any help/thoughts are appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts