Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:17 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.92
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Got accepted! Email came in today at 8:11am. Has anyone received info on scholarships?
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Rivka333 wrote:
Got accepted! Email came in today at 8:11am. Has anyone received info on scholarships?

Congratulations!! What's your profile and when did you submit?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kidchaos wrote:
Rivka333 wrote:

Thanks! I submitted on Nov 14. I have a science background (MS in Bio), currently in tech, female, GPA 3.9, GMAT 730.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Congrats again! when did you interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jon757 wrote:
Congrats again! when did you interview?

Thanks! I interviewed on Dec 17th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Rivka333 wrote:
kidchaos wrote:
Rivka333 wrote:

Thanks! I submitted on Nov 14. I have a science background (MS in Bio), currently in tech, female, GPA 3.9, GMAT 730.

Congrats!! wow, that is an impressive applicant profile ~
Looks like you have a tough but great decision to make between Stern and Anderson! (saw you got the UCLA scholarship, nice :-D )
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Rivka333 wrote:

Congrats! When you interviewed, did you see other prospective students interviewing that day?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
@OjilEye - Yeah I have a crazy decision to make now! I'm still going to wait to see if Stern offers any scholarship $$ (their email said that info on scholarships would be available in the official letter they mail out), however I'm really leaning towards Anderson. I'm a California girl, though I do have a lot of family in NY, so I could justify either location. That being said, I do want to settle down in California so having the Anderson community as well as the recruiting being heavily based in California is a huge reason to pick Anderson. And it'll be cheaper for me overall. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Stern vs Anderson debate? I'm planning on going into either healthcare consulting (hopefully at a top 10) or IB focused on the biotech sector. Still can't choose which hehe. Obviously Stern is ranked higher than Anderson, but I'm not entirely sure it makes much of a difference on the West Coast.

@thrones - Yes there was one guy there waiting with me and a girl had just finished interviewing. It seemed fairly quiet though. I had a similar experience at Anderson. I think that's what happens when you interview fairly early on.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Rivka333 wrote:
@OjilEye - Yeah I have a crazy decision to make now! I'm still going to wait to see if Stern offers any scholarship $$ (their email said that info on scholarships would be available in the official letter they mail out), however I'm really leaning towards Anderson. I'm a California girl, though I do have a lot of family in NY, so I could justify either location. That being said, I do want to settle down in California so having the Anderson community as well as the recruiting being heavily based in California is a huge reason to pick Anderson. And it'll be cheaper for me overall. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Stern vs Anderson debate? I'm planning on going into either healthcare consulting (hopefully at a top 10) or IB focused on the biotech sector. Still can't choose which hehe. Obviously Stern is ranked higher than Anderson, but I'm not entirely sure it makes much of a difference on the West Coast.

@thrones - Yes there was one guy there waiting with me and a girl had just finished interviewing. It seemed fairly quiet though. I had a similar experience at Anderson. I think that's what happens when you interview fairly early on.

Hi Rivka - congrats on this awesome/tough choice you have to make. It seems like the factors are really personal and considering I don't know much about what reach Stern has on the West Coast, it's hard for me to advise you either way. I just wanted to ask if you could give any advice/insight on your interview? Mine is coming up this week!!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
@nyukellogg2015

First off, congrats on the interview! That's half the battle. As for interview tips, I think the most important thing is to just be yourself. That being said, here are a couple of things to note:

1) Do not get thrown off if the interviewer has someone else present in the room with them during the interview. They do this to help with training. Just stay calm and make eye contact with both of them, don't ignore the other person. They may be judging you. This happened to me at Stern and it happened to a friend of mine at another school as well. I do think though that it's probably more common early on in the admissions cycle.

2) Do not overprepare. I made flashcards of all the questions on ClearAdmit with bullet points of my answers. I think it's good practice to do this and have an idea of what you want to say. However, don't go overboard in reviewing this stuff. I think I ran through the flashcards just once right before the interview. You don't want to sound rehearsed.

My experience was probably fairly typical (minus the other person in the room). Oh and the fact that they called me in about 15 minutes after my scheduled time! They really didn't ask any questions that were not already mentioned in ClearAdmit.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Rivka333 wrote:
@nyukellogg2015

First off, congrats on the interview! That's half the battle. As for interview tips, I think the most important thing is to just be yourself. That being said, here are a couple of things to note:

1) Do not get thrown off if the interviewer has someone else present in the room with them during the interview. They do this to help with training. Just stay calm and make eye contact with both of them, don't ignore the other person. They may be judging you. This happened to me at Stern and it happened to a friend of mine at another school as well. I do think though that it's probably more common early on in the admissions cycle.

2) Do not overprepare. I made flashcards of all the questions on ClearAdmit with bullet points of my answers. I think it's good practice to do this and have an idea of what you want to say. However, don't go overboard in reviewing this stuff. I think I ran through the flashcards just once right before the interview. You don't want to sound rehearsed.

My experience was probably fairly typical (minus the other person in the room). Oh and the fact that they called me in about 15 minutes after my scheduled time! They really didn't ask any questions that were not already mentioned in ClearAdmit.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thanks for the help! Fingers crossed for my interview and, who knows, maybe we'll be classmates next year :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Is it just me or is this wait killing everyone else? I know that they had the delay due to Sandy but this time last year they were sending out waitlists and dings already...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
futurebostonmba wrote:
Is it just me or is this wait killing everyone else? I know that they had the delay due to Sandy but this time last year they were sending out waitlists and dings already...

I suppose this week will be pretty eventful. We will probably see things speeding up from tomorrow. What % of invites have been sent out until now? Anybody has an idea?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Just got waitlisted last night... :roll: :|
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mb031182zy wrote:
Just got waitlisted last night... :roll: :|

With interview? Sorry to hear...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
It would be cool if those who know their fate let us know their stats.....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Just got waitlisted as well. I am from Seoul Korea and I haven't been invited to the interview.
What's the realistic chance based on past stats?

Ted
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts