Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:12 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Stern seems to have a higher yield from Interview > Acceptance. Any stats/ideas?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
GPT55 wrote:
A note to international applicants who haven't heard anything yet:

I think they'll keep sending interview invites until the February initial notification deadline. I got mine and I requested an off-site interview, and they said that off-site interview locations and dates will only be available in February. Hence, I believe they'll keep rounding up applicants who may want to interview off-site until February.

Good luck!

A quick update about this: I just logged into the interview scheduling website again and now it says that off-site interviews will be held in London, Shanghai and Delhi. Still no dates though and it still says that specifics about the location and time will only be confirmed at the end of February.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Kudos
GPT55 wrote:

I think they'll keep sending interview invites until the February initial notification deadline. I got mine and I requested an off-site interview, and they said that off-site interview locations and dates will only be available in February. Hence, I believe they'll keep rounding up applicants who may want to interview off-site until February.

Good luck!

Thanks, I am really anxious and this calms my nerves...

Thanks again
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Yale '15 (M)
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
kidchaos wrote:
thrones wrote:
Here's my timeline:
Submitted application: 11/16
Got submission confirmation: 11/29
Got decision of WL without interview: 1/7

Going to need a sweet wait-list strategy... so I'll just go ahead and read every blog and forum post i can find.

Best of luck thrones.

If you don't mind me asking what is your profile (work ex, etc)?

26 / NY / White / WE: 2.5yrs in financial services consulting and 2yrs at a fund
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
GPT55 wrote:

Good luck!

Thank you GPT55, this calms my nerves a bit as I am based out of Shanghai and one of the off-sites is there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: NYU Stern - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
GPT55 wrote:

Good luck!

I am an Indian international applicant, but living in the US. Dunno which bucket I fall in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
yogesh1984 wrote:
guys - need a quick suggestion on how you are approaching tha is second essay - especially the What factors will most determine which path you will take? as if one long term goal was not enough :(

There could be factors beyond your control and that is where I would say a second path might emerge <like a fork in the road>. I would suggest this over internal factors to determine the second path. Few examples:
1. Global financial environment might require you to reconsider your first goal as a top fund manager. In which case you might take up a sure job as a fund manager in your home country or stick to your line of Banking.
2. Entrepreneurship doesn't work out in terms of funding, so you return back to XYZ.

Try to create a fork in your existing path on factors that are beyond your control (otherwise it seems that you are not 100% committed to your first path) and still show success in that fork.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
Hi,
International Applicant here. Received Invitation to Interview just before Christmas, now I'm planning to have interview at NYU at the beginning of February. However, I only see available dates in January so far, I hope smt for February will come out!
Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GPT55 wrote:
GPT55 wrote:

Good luck!

A quick update about this: I just logged into the interview scheduling website again and now it says that off-site interviews will be held in London, Shanghai and Delhi. Still no dates though and it still says that specifics about the location and time will only be confirmed at the end of February.

Boy am I worried now. Isn't the last date of notifications for R1 15th Feb if I remember? If so, does the interview dates that would only be announced at the end of February imply Round 2 interviewees? Suddenly my blood pressure is hitting the roof! Guess may as well start preparing for a ding without interview
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
crazycow wrote:
GPT55 wrote:
GPT55 wrote:

Good luck!

Boy am I worried now. Isn't the last date of notifications for R1 15th Feb if I remember? If so, does the interview dates that would only be announced at the end of February imply Round 2 interviewees? Suddenly my blood pressure is hitting the roof! Guess may as well start preparing for a ding without interview

Considering that they say that R1 applicants have priority consideration for off-site interviews, I'd think that on Feb 15 they'll have a definitive list of R1 applicants they want to interview off site and need the remaining time (~ 2 weeks) to set up the exact location and time for the interviewees. Of course that doesn't exclude the possibility of adding some R2 applicants to these interviews but based on the above I'd suppose that's not common.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
crazycow wrote:

I wouldn't worry just yet. Last year, there were R1 invites reported at the beginning of January (the 2nd and 3rd) and then again from January 19 to the 26th or so. If you don't hear back for an interview invite by the end of January, then it's probably time to worry.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.71
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Admitted in December and I got a call from a 2nd year student to introduce himself and answer any questions I may have. Nice touch.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Not sure if my input will help international applicants here as my profile is a bit complicated but --

Application sent: 11/4
Status update: 11/29
Invited to interview: 12/23 - given options to interview in January or join Women in Stern event in February. Considered an offsite interview but they don't seem keen on it so I'm flying out for it in February!
Nationality: Dual US-Philippines, but raised in the Philippines and currently based in Hong Kong
Profile: 25 y/o, 2 years in marketing strategy in the Philippines, 1 year finance journalist in HK, 1 year strategy in HK. Strong previous involvement in film community in the Philippines, looking into the EMT program. 730 GMAT, 3.3 GPA from a uni in Manila.

Also just got an email a few days ago from a 2nd year MBA student checking in if I had any questions.

Hope this helps, and if anyone has tips on the interview keep them coming!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hey guys

I am trying to submit my essays for R2 at the 11th hour..I am considering making a ppt with embedded audio for 3rd essay and will be done with it only by the deadline day...What size file is it possible to submit?? as I will not have enough time to mail a USB to reach them before the deadline date...any suggestions??
Current Student
Send PM
ratinarace wrote:
Hey guys

I am trying to submit my essays for R2 at the 11th hour..I am considering making a ppt with embedded audio for 3rd essay and will be done with it only by the deadline day...What size file is it possible to submit?? as I will not have enough time to mail a USB to reach them before the deadline date...any suggestions??

Hi ratinarace,

You will have to submit a usb there is no option for sending them a link so file size doesn't matter. However one piece of good news is that it doesn't have to reach by the deadline only has to be sent by the deadline so you can mail the USB/DVD postmarked LATEST by deadline date.

Check the last Line on this page https://bit.ly/13mIFSs

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
YL6778 wrote:
Not sure if my input will help international applicants here as my profile is a bit complicated but --

Application sent: 11/4
Status update: 11/29
Invited to interview: 12/23 - given options to interview in January or join Women in Stern event in February. Considered an offsite interview but they don't seem keen on it so I'm flying out for it in February!
Nationality: Dual US-Philippines, but raised in the Philippines and currently based in Hong Kong
Profile: 25 y/o, 2 years in marketing strategy in the Philippines, 1 year finance journalist in HK, 1 year strategy in HK. Strong previous involvement in film community in the Philippines, looking into the EMT program. 730 GMAT, 3.3 GPA from a uni in Manila.

Also just got an email a few days ago from a 2nd year MBA student checking in if I had any questions.

Hope this helps, and if anyone has tips on the interview keep them coming!

Hi,
just wondering if you've already arranged your on-campus interview in February: in the website I only see January dates available.
I'd like to do the same and book the flights asap!
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
rahulrg wrote:
<Snip>

There could be factors beyond your control and that is where I would say a second path might emerge <like a fork in the road>. I would suggest this over internal factors to determine the second path. Few examples:
1. Global financial environment might require you to reconsider your first goal as a top fund manager. In which case you might take up a sure job as a fund manager in your home country or stick to your line of Banking.
2. Entrepreneurship doesn't work out in terms of funding, so you return back to XYZ.

Try to create a fork in your existing path on factors that are beyond your control (otherwise it seems that you are not 100% committed to your first path) and still show success in that fork.

Hope this helps.

Thanks :) , helpful in constructing the framework..incidentally I checked out here later & this idea also crossed my mind while going to bed yesterday night! hopefully I should be done with it..

one more thing how you people are submitting transcripts - this link left me wandering whether I need to put my degree awards as well along with transcripts https://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admissions/full-time-mba/admissions/application-instructions/transcripts-degrees/index.htm
How you people have submitted - If I need to submit this degree award then an other headache of converting it into English from hindi and getting signed off from some Sarkari Babu :(

International Student Supplement- I did not see this type of requirement in other schools (H/S/B) , how important is to fill this up and should we give the accounting for full amount $ 90K?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts