Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:54 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Need images of GMAT test centre documents [#permalink]
Expert Reply
LOL, are you trying to forge one? That's OK if you are. I just never had anyone ask for it before....
I don't have one but you can google around for "unofficial score report" in google images.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Frankly, yes I do. BUT, only to deceive my father. I am taking the GMAT and he's hoping I achieve 700+. The problem is he takes no for an answer and Ive tried to convinced him its difficult but hes persistent. I just need to replicate one as back up in case I am not successful in achieving a 700+ score. I've goggled it but cant seem to obtain an entire unofficial GMAT report.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry you have to deal with it :(

here is a complete page: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/images/revi ... f175a0.jpg
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Wait until you take the test and then photoshop the score on your own report. This way there's much less photoshopping involved than if you tried to photoshop someone else's unofficial score report :P
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
BigBrownFox wrote:
Wait until you take the test and then photoshop the score on your own report. This way there's much less photoshopping involved than if you tried to photoshop someone else's unofficial score report :P

Brilliant :-)
Just stop by an internet cafe or a business center on your way back. Should not take that long.... just a few numbers will need to be tweaked (assuming the worst case scenario)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
BigBrownFox wrote:

Brilliant :-)
Just stop by an internet cafe or a business center on your way back. Should not take that long.... just a few numbers will need to be tweaked (assuming the worst case scenario)

Much appreciated for the image bb. But what about the second page if you don't mind me asking?

Also, the time frame for a photoshop session is near impossible. My father will already be home on the day I return home after taking the GMAT. He's aware of the time I take the test and length of the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well do you actually want to achieve a 700+ score yourself? If so then IMO it's best to be honest with your parents so that they'll be supportive of you retaking the test if necessary.

But if I can find my unofficial report from last week, then I may be able to scan you a copy of the 2nd page tomorrow if nobody else has responded by then. I don't think there's any personal info on page 2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BigBrownFox wrote:
Well do you actually want to achieve a 700+ score yourself? If so then IMO it's best to be honest with your parents so that they'll be supportive of you retaking the test if necessary.

But if I can find my unofficial report from last week, then I may be able to scan you a copy of the 2nd page tomorrow if nobody else has responded by then. I don't think there's any personal info on page 2.

I would be very grateful if you could do that. Well its only my father who's obsessive about my GMAT score. Also, tbh 700+ is possible however I have just recently began studying for the GMAT and the test is booked for 4th February which was again pushed by my father. He's my father and all but there is no reasoning with this man :| .

Just to mention I live in the UK so the timing of my replies may be unusual. its 5:35am here at the moment. Cant sleep :| .
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2467 [1]
Given Kudos: 185
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Kudos
Hello IK237,

I think its good to have some kind of motivation behind your studies, whether you call it as a 'pressure' from your parents! Atleast It will keep you on your toes for achieving that 700 target! Take it as a challenge and come out as a winner! I am sure you will be more proud than even your dad! Rather than worrying for unofficial copies or photoshoping stuff, if you dedicate yourself on planning your GMAT study and executing it, who knows you can accomplish what you currently perceive as difficult. Even if you dont achieve it in your first attempt, its OK, you can always give GMAT again second time and I believe your parents will support you for your honest efforts too.

All the best for your GMAT studies and for that golden 700 score!

Originally posted by PrashantPonde on 14 Jan 2013, 23:05.
Last edited by PrashantPonde on 15 Jan 2013, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: ISB '15
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
IK237 wrote:
BigBrownFox wrote:

I would be very grateful if you could do that. Well its only my father who's obsessive about my GMAT score. Also, tbh 700+ is possible however I have just recently began studying for the GMAT and the test is booked for 4th February which was again pushed by my father. He's my father and all but there is no reasoning with this man :| .

Just to mention I live in the UK so the timing of my replies may be unusual. its 5:35am here at the moment. Cant sleep :| .

By the gist of it, You sound so Indian. Are you one ? coz its normal among our culture for fathers to push their sons as far as academics are concerned.

Go ahead and let your dad know that it takes two or three retakes to get a 700 + score on GMAT on an average ! This ensures, your father gives you another chance in case you are unable to get a 700 plus score the first time. Also it pays off to be honest. Just hone your negotiation skills with your father. Let hime know the success rate. Support your points with facts and evidences. These skills are quite useful and makes sense post MBA too ;)

Yes NO forging and go with your Ethics. No wonder why there's a ethics course as a part of CFA, MBA and many other professional courses.

As a MBA Grad, as a part of Management, when you deal with clients or peers, sheer honesty may not work out but yes negotiation and convincing skills wins the apple for you !

All in all, I am not asking you to be ethical , honest and make myself sound like a age old retired grand pa ! But be smart (not tech wise such as forging), just make use of your wits. There's always an smarter, intelligent way to get the things done but one who just does not realize that or lazy to use his brains rely on the unethical things and lands himself into further trouble.

Also There are some kinda stories posted in the forum, wherein people go from a 470 something to 700 something ! Now such a huge jump gives you an high and sets you as a role model for others in future. So , no worries if you bomb the test the first time. There's always a second opportunity and if you do well in the second attempt, it makes you sound more successful than the one who gets a 700 plus score the very first time !

;) ;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by igloo on 14 Jan 2013, 23:17.
Last edited by igloo on 14 Jan 2013, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
igloo wrote:
IK237 wrote:
BigBrownFox wrote:

By the gist of it, You sound so Indian. Are you one ? coz its normal among our culture for fathers to push their sons as far as academics are concerned.

Go ahead and let your dad know that it takes two or three retakes to get a 700 + score on GMAT on an average ! This ensures, your father gives you another chance in case you are unable to get a 700 plus score the first time. Also it pays off to be honest. Just home your negotiation skills with your father. Let hime know the success rate. Support your points with facts and evidences. These skills are quite useful and makes sense post MBA too ;)

Yes NO forging and go with your Ethics. No wonder why there's a ethics course as a part of CFA, MBA and many other professional courses.

As a MBA Grad, as a part of Management, when you deal with clients or peers, sheer honesty may not work out but yes negotiation and convincing skills wins the apple for you !

All in all, I am not asking you to be ethical , honest and sound more like a age old retired grand pa ! But be smart (not tech wise such as forging), just make use of your wits. There's always an smarter, intelligent way to get the things done but one who just does not realize that or lazy to use his brains rely on the unethical things and lands himself into further trouble.

;) ;) ;) ;)

As a CFA level 2 candidate myself, I had considered the Codes and Standards before replying to this post, but I don't think that helping someone lie to his parents about his GMAT score violates any part of the Code. :P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PraPon wrote:
Hello IK237,

I think its good to have some kinda motivation behind your studies, whether you call it as a 'pressure' from your parents! Atleast It will keep you for your toes for achieving that 700 target! Take it as a challenge and come out as a winner! I am sure you will be more proud than your dad! Rather than worrying for unofficial copies or photoshoping stuff, if you dedicate yourself on planning your GMAT study and executing it, who knows you can accomplish what you perceive as difficult now. Even if you dont achieve it in your first attempt, its OK, you can always give GMAT again second time and I believe your parents will support you for your honest efforts too.

All the best for your GMAT studies and for that golden 700 score!

I will try to the optimum of my capability however I had just started studying for the GMAT just under two weeks ago (as requested by my father) and my test date is on 4th February which doesn't give me any room to achieve 700+ especially since I haven't practiced a lot of mathematics since Secondary school.

However I would retake the GMAT in secret again to achieve a 700+ score just for the sakes of it. I'd rather not get into details but I need to make it seem that Ive achieved a 700+ score in my first attempt.

Originally posted by IK237 on 14 Jan 2013, 23:26.
Last edited by IK237 on 14 Jan 2013, 23:32, edited 3 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: ISB '15
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Quote:
As a CFA level 2 candidate myself, I had considered the Codes and Standards before replying to this post, but I don't think that helping someone lie to his parents about his GMAT score violates any part of the Code. :P

Well, I agree . it may not violate any code of ethics at least for now. But yes it may grow up to be an habit and has dire consequences in future. I am not saying its completely WRONG and a SIN ! But yes, we always have persuading or negotiation skills inherently. So why not make use of them even before relenting to the dishonest means without even giving our un-manifested skills a try ! ;)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
igloo wrote:
Quote:

Well, I agree . it may not violate any code of ethics at least for now. But yes it may grow up to be an habit and has dire consequences in future. I am not saying its completely WRONG and a SIN ! But yes, we always have persuading or negotiation skills inherently. So why not make use of them even before relenting to the dishonest means without even giving our un-manifested skills a try ! ;)

Well I think that there are lots of white lies that are no big deal, or even perhaps necessities, necessary to get through one's personal life and that have no impact on one's professional life.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
On 2nd thought, you don't need to forge the 2nd page since the 2nd page is the same for every report. Just use the real one you get from the test center after the test and a forged 1st page to show your father if necessary.

Also I cannot find my unofficial score report :( (sorry!), so you'll have to get it from someone else if you really want a copy.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I need to see how the second page looks like. darn :|
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [2]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
This is highly unethical practice. There is a difference between being unethical and smart. When we deal with the clients and keep our margins for time and billing - that's smart work . But fooling the client for something that it already posses and charging again - that's unethical work.

You are in UK, not in the 3rd world where you have to bear such pressure. I m no way encouraging you to go against you parents but your stepping stone of lying is unethical. You are spending your energy to create fake report than studying. This shows your dishonesty and disrespect for the GMAT.

You should go and explain your limits to him in diplomatic way. You can not ask a person who never went to Gym to lift 100 KG in bench press. You have to train your body slowly and effectively.
Give him eg. Ask him to run 100 m in 10 secs? he will say no thats not possible at this stage. Explain him, request him....postpone the exam and crack the gmat with 700+.

Mahn you can fool everyone but not yourself and almighty. Convincing your father at this stage would be a great story for your MBA and a great lesson for negotiation skills.

Good luck and DO NOT forge or cheat !!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2