Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Stern (NYU) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I submitted Nov 26, under review Dec 6, and invite today. I saw that interview dates go all the way to end of Feb so there is still time and lots of slots still left. Hang in there!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Send PM
mbaBoston2012 wrote:
I submitted Nov 26, under review Dec 6, and invite today. I saw that interview dates go all the way to end of Feb so there is still time and lots of slots still left. Hang in there!!

congrats and good luck with your interview.

I'm hoping to hear back soon as I submitted my app on Nov 26th and live in the Boston area just like you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
GPT55 wrote:
GPT55 wrote:
A note to international applicants who haven't heard anything yet:

I think they'll keep sending interview invites until the February initial notification deadline. I got mine and I requested an off-site interview, and they said that off-site interview locations and dates will only be available in February. Hence, I believe they'll keep rounding up applicants who may want to interview off-site until February.

Good luck!

A quick update about this: I just logged into the interview scheduling website again and now it says that off-site interviews will be held in London, Shanghai and Delhi. Still no dates though and it still says that specifics about the location and time will only be confirmed at the end of February.

Where did you find this information about location of off-site interviews? I don't see any such info! Can you post the link?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
saurabhpankaj wrote:
GPT55 wrote:
GPT55 wrote:
A note to international applicants who haven't heard anything yet:

I think they'll keep sending interview invites until the February initial notification deadline. I got mine and I requested an off-site interview, and they said that off-site interview locations and dates will only be available in February. Hence, I believe they'll keep rounding up applicants who may want to interview off-site until February.

Good luck!

A quick update about this: I just logged into the interview scheduling website again and now it says that off-site interviews will be held in London, Shanghai and Delhi. Still no dates though and it still says that specifics about the location and time will only be confirmed at the end of February.

Where did you find this information about location of off-site interviews? I don't see any such info! Can you post the link?

I think its a known fact that off site interviews are held in India, China and the UK in March. He is quoting the actual details from the interview scheduling website, logging into which requires an interview invitation.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
arian26 wrote:
Does anyone know if Stern requires official GMAT transcript? I am taking my exam on the day of the deadline, so wondering if I should put that in my optional essays or just self report my scores.

I sent my official scores. To be safe, if I were you I'd report my scores during the exam.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
yonderworld wrote:
saurabhpankaj wrote:

I think its a known fact that off site interviews are held in India, China and the UK in March. He is quoting the actual details from the interview scheduling website, logging into which requires an interview invitation.

Yes, it's from the interview scheduling website.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Guys I'm a bit confused here about the transcript requirements.

The website says: "If you cannot obtain transcripts directly from the institution but you possess an original transcript, you may submit photocopies that have been verified by the embassy or consulate of the institution's country."

Does that mean a) the U.S. embassy in the country of my undergrad institution or b) my country's Foreign Ministry of any other institution that can verify the copy ('Apostille')?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
GPT55 wrote:
Guys I'm a bit confused here about the transcript requirements.

The website says: "If you cannot obtain transcripts directly from the institution but you possess an original transcript, you may submit photocopies that have been verified by the embassy or consulate of the institution's country."

Does that mean a) the U.S. embassy in the country of my undergrad institution or b) my country's Foreign Ministry of any other institution that can verify the copy ('Apostille')?

Based on the site info, you should get your transcripts verified by your country's embassy or consultant -- not the US embassy in your country.

To be 100% sure, I would call the adcom tomorrow to check -- and if any international students can weigh in, I'm sure that's way more helpful than American me giving my two cents :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
GPT55 wrote:
yonderworld wrote:
saurabhpankaj wrote:

Yes, it's from the interview scheduling website.

Oh Yes, I see it now! So the location in India is confirmed as Delhi.
just submitted my application for second round! Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Guys, just submitted for R2! Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Got the admit call yesterday!
@Rivka333, I might have been the other guy in the room waiting for the interview.. also looks like I'll have to face a similar decision!

Rivka333 wrote:
@OjilEye - Yeah I have a crazy decision to make now! I'm still going to wait to see if Stern offers any scholarship $$ (their email said that info on scholarships would be available in the official letter they mail out), however I'm really leaning towards Anderson. I'm a California girl, though I do have a lot of family in NY, so I could justify either location. That being said, I do want to settle down in California so having the Anderson community as well as the recruiting being heavily based in California is a huge reason to pick Anderson. And it'll be cheaper for me overall. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Stern vs Anderson debate? I'm planning on going into either healthcare consulting (hopefully at a top 10) or IB focused on the biotech sector. Still can't choose which hehe. Obviously Stern is ranked higher than Anderson, but I'm not entirely sure it makes much of a difference on the West Coast.

@thrones - Yes there was one guy there waiting with me and a girl had just finished interviewing. It seemed fairly quiet though. I had a similar experience at Anderson. I think that's what happens when you interview fairly early on.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, has anyone received the official admission letter yet? How many days after the admission decision will they mail out the letter? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
just got admitted!

Here's my timeline
submitted: 11/14
invited to interview: 12/14
interview: 1/7
received the decision: 1/15
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Accounting (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
xiaohan wrote:
Hey guys, has anyone received the official admission letter yet? How many days after the admission decision will they mail out the letter? Thanks!

I received mine within a week so they must have sent out the letter right away !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kj2015 wrote:
xiaohan wrote:

I received mine within a week so they must have sent out the letter right away !

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admit! Says I'll find out whether they awarded any $ on the official mailed letter. Best of luck to everyone.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts