Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:27 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [1173]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32862 [26]
Given Kudos: 4453
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [9]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Re: How to improve your quant from Q44 to Q50? [#permalink]
Kudos
Awesome post. I would also be interested in a similar post for verbal improvement.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [3]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
Great Article bb!!! Sure to go in my favorites...:)

Another one for going from V30 to V40 will complete the tango. :-D
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Let me put something together for the going from 30 to 40.
I would say that area would include a lot more of concept review. I will give it a shot.
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
I really appreciate the effort you take to compile these long posts.............Awesome...........
BB, it will be really helpful if you post something for verbal from 25 to 35.....
And about RC

Once again thanks a lot
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
We do have RC here: gmat-club-s-reading-comprehension-strategy-guide-83101.html

Please give that a shot and let me know if it is missing anything.

Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [22]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Awesome post BB ! :)

I'd like to add a few points to what you said ( though this is probably more for people trying to go from Q47/48 to Q50) :

1) I'd say first and foremost go through the MGMAT guides and get a solid footing ( yes , even if you're at Q48 you can still pick up a number of new tricks from these books)

I see many people recommending the "Advanced MGMAT quant " book . I personally don't think this book is necessary , I never went through this book and I still managed to get a Q50.

2) ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS have a stopwatch with you when you are working out problems ( even if you're just practicing) . This will help you immensely ; you need to get into the mindset of finding the quickest possible solution . There's not much use in learning a time consuming method ( especially for mid-level problems) .

3) The OG Questions unfortunately aren't too difficult for people striving for a Q50 . You should do the questions as you are doing the MGMAT quant guides . I'd really recommend that people don't refer to the OG explanations for any of the questions . If you follow these explanations , you'll take forever to finish the quant section !
I'd highly recommend you look at Bunuel's post on these forums for more precise/efficient solutions .

4)If you need help with specific areas , i'd recommend you check out this link : https://www.manhattangmat.com/thursdays-with-ron.cfm

Upper level Strategy :

1)Do all the MGMAT question banks and make sure you review all the MGMAT CAT questions that you get . I love these questions , they are just so challenging and they push you to your limits . Don't get too disheartened by your quant score on these tests , just try to learn how to solve the questions you see there .

2)Do as many GMATCLUB tests as you can , these tests are the golden standard for excellence as far as the quant section is considered ! :)

3) If you want a top score in the quant section , you need to brush up on Probability/permutation& Combinations . I have a feeling you'll see atleast 3-4 questions from these topics as you reach for the upper levels .

Extra tips :

1)Don't "fall in love" with any question ! ;) . No question is worth more than say 3 minutes . At the 3 minute mark , just guess and move on .

2)Don't fall for the trap for taking extra time for the first 10 questions . Yes , the first 10 questions are very important , but it's a bad strategy to take more than 20 minutes for the first 10 questions . If you take too long for the lower level/mid level first 10 questions , then you'll have lesser time for the remaining 27 Upper level questions .
So in effect you will be taking more time to answer easy questions and taking less time to answer more difficult questions !

Of course I don't mean to suggest that you should rush through the first 10 questions ! Not at all ! You have to try to be careful without wasting too much time .

Good luck everyone !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [2]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
I fall into this category...I posted about it earlier today (cant post links yet). I've been through the MGMAT and trying to figure out a plan of attack for the next 1-1.5 months to help boost my Q43 to Q48ish levels. Any ideas on how to approach this?
Retired Moderator
Status:<strong>Go crazy and use every bit of potential.</strong>
Affiliations: Many NGOs!
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Check out GMATCLUB GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format from

gmat-math-book-in-downloadable-pdf-format-130609.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
I also think the OG and OGQR quant problems are pretty easy, not very challenging. I have no access to the MGMAT question banks. I plan to buy the MGMAT Advanced Quant guide and I've seen a few hard questions banks on this forum, but I'm open to any other suggestion
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos