Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GRE 1: Q800 V680
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Sloan 2013 (MIT) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Does anyone know when the interview invitation for R2 will be released?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Has anyone received an interview invite since the beginning of the year?

Or has anyone received an invite from the Australia/New Zealand/SE Asia region?

It's been awfully quiet down this end...fingers crossed it's not bad news!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.43
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
I can't find anywhere on the invite that says that we need an official transcript but I have heard you need one?

Did you guys bring your transcripts? Did your invite say that you needed one?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Puyallup wrote:
I can't find anywhere on the invite that says that we need an official transcript but I have heard you need one?

From what I've read, in years past, there was a somewhat surprise transcript request during the interview. So I, and actually at least one other person interviewing the same day I interviewed, brought transcripts to submit. They told us that we don't need to bring official transcripts anymore - they are only necessary for students who are admitted.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
jwcardinal11 wrote:
Puyallup wrote:

From what I've read, in years past, there was a somewhat surprise transcript request during the interview. So I, and actually at least one other person interviewing the same day I interviewed, brought transcripts to submit. They told us that we don't need to bring official transcripts anymore - they are only necessary for students who are admitted.

As someone who has also interviewed, I second this.
Current Student
Send PM
jwcardinal11 wrote:
Puyallup wrote:

Same here. I took transcripts, just in case, but nobody asked me for them.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Puyallup wrote:

The application instructions on ApplyYourself can be interpreted to say you should bring official hard-copy transcripts to your interview (this could also mean that you just have to provide official documentation at some point in time...):

Academic Records (Transcripts)
Please scan and upload copies of your academic records. Your application will be considered incomplete if the scan is not legible. Do not mail in your official academic records or transcripts.

Applicants invited to interview will be required to provide an official transcript from each school attended.
Any discrepancy between the scanned transcripts and official transcripts may result in a rejection in our decision or a withdrawal of our offer of admission.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
While still 2 week or so till D day, what is the protocol? i looked at last year's post and looks like it was a mix between phone calls and emails... will they email and then call you or vice versa if you get in?
Director
Director
Send PM
aerien wrote:
Puyallup wrote:

The application instructions on ApplyYourself can be interpreted to say you should bring official hard-copy transcripts to your interview (this could also mean that you just have to provide official documentation at some point in time...):

Please scan and upload copies of your academic records. Your application will be considered incomplete if the scan is not legible. Do not mail in your official academic records or transcripts.

Applicants invited to interview will be required to provide an official transcript from each school attended.
Any discrepancy between the scanned transcripts and official transcripts may result in a rejection in our decision or a withdrawal of our offer of admission.

I believe that information is out of date. I found the below on the actual MIT Sloan site:

Please scan and upload copies of your academic records. Do not mail in your official academic records or transcripts.

Applicants admitted to the program will be required to provide an official transcript from each school attended. All admitted students will receive further instructions after the decision deadline on where to send the materials. Any discrepancy between the scanned transcripts and official transcripts may result in a rejection in our decision or a withdrawal of our offer of admission

Source: https://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions/ ... ctions.php
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
kingfalcon wrote:
aerien wrote:
Puyallup wrote:

I believe that information is out of date. I found the below on the actual MIT Sloan site:

Please scan and upload copies of your academic records. Do not mail in your official academic records or transcripts.

Applicants admitted to the program will be required to provide an official transcript from each school attended. All admitted students will receive further instructions after the decision deadline on where to send the materials. Any discrepancy between the scanned transcripts and official transcripts may result in a rejection in our decision or a withdrawal of our offer of admission

Source: https://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions/ ... ctions.php

I copied it from the application instructions today -- not sure when they updated the information there but likely earlier in the application cycle when they initially released the app (July?). I'm sure those with invites would (should?) know more about this than me :) When in doubt, call the adcom to confirm though!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I couldn't agree more. Saying "kingfalcon said I wouldn't need them" won't hold up if your interviewer deviously asks for transcripts! :)
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
I called and asked like a month ago, even posted about it. It was a 2 second phone call. It still bothered me when i walked in to interview so try and remember the name of who you spoke to for peace of mind.

But like Kingfalcon said, dont have to trust us. I could just be a fellow applicant gaining an edge. Like i said it was a 2 second phone call, so if you are that paranoid just make it.
Current Student
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:
I called and asked like a month ago, even posted about it. It was a 2 second phone call. It still bothered me when i walked in to interview so try and remember the name of who you spoke to for peace of mind.

But like Kingfalcon said, dont have to trust us. I could just be a fellow applicant gaining an edge. Like i said it was a 2 second phone call, so if you are that paranoid just make it.

I agree with Dbalks and kingfalcon. Take the transcripts, along just in case.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I called admissions before my R1 interview, and they said that no transcript is required this year. Any instructions about the transcript is left over from prior year(s). Had my interview and there was no mention of a transcript.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
I am thinking of driving to Boston from NY this Thursday evening for an info session at MIT Friday morning, it is too bad they haven't started their ambassador program this year so no class visit this Friday. I've already done my mit app round 2. Do you think this trip is worth it considering it is just an one hour info session?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
bigserve wrote:
I am thinking of driving to Boston from NY this Thursday evening for an info session at MIT Friday morning, it is too bad they haven't started their ambassador program this year so no class visit this Friday. I've already done my mit app round 2. Do you think this trip is worth it considering it is just an one hour info session?

If you've already submitted your app I don't think it's worth it. The morning info session gives you an overview of the school and the application. You also can stay after and get a tour of the new building. If you're already in Boston then go, but I don't think it warrants a special trip. I'd wait for the invite and visit campus then or try to attend an NYC event if they have one.

Director
Director
Send PM
bigserve wrote:

How well do you know the program? Have you already applied? I attended the exact same information session last year and I'm not sure it's worth eight hours of driving...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37  ...  57   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts