Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:00 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Campus visit after submission of application [#permalink]
Kudos
bigserve wrote:
I didn't have any vacations days left in the application season to visit schools. now I am done with all my applications(columbia, mit, chicago, wharton) in R2.

I definitely have the time now to visit the 4 schools I applied. Would this help my chances of getting interview invites?

I visited every school that I applied to. Wharton specifically states on their website that it doesnt help your chances at all. I would take that at face value. The other 3 it wont hurt you to visit. I asked several admissions members (albeit none from MIT, Chicago, Columbia) before round 1 if it still mattered to them that I visit after I submitted and it would still be viewed favorably. The answer was a resounding yes. I actually made time to visit before submitting, but they still enjoy having you after at it may help you at one of your schools.

I cant comment on how it works. I dont think I was the best candidate MIT had, but I visited the school and got an interview. Not sure if that is correlated at all or not.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:
bigserve wrote:
I didn't have any vacations days left in the application season to visit schools. now I am done with all my applications(columbia, mit, chicago, wharton) in R2.

I definitely have the time now to visit the 4 schools I applied. Would this help my chances of getting interview invites?

I visited every school that I applied to. Wharton specifically states on their website that it doesnt help your chances at all. I would take that at face value. The other 3 it wont hurt you to visit. I asked several admissions members (albeit none from MIT, Chicago, Columbia) before round 1 if it still mattered to them that I visit after I submitted and it would still be viewed favorably. The answer was a resounding yes. I actually made time to visit before submitting, but they still enjoy having you after at it may help you at one of your schools.

I cant comment on how it works. I dont think I was the best candidate MIT had, but I visited the school and got an interview. Not sure if that is correlated at all or not.

Kudos to you getting an interview from MIT. the school only interviews 20% of its applicants. a lot less than other schools. Best of Luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
If you have the time I believe a campus visit can't hurt, assuming you will make a good impression. I found this article that discusses the question "Is a campus visit worthwhile?", perhaps it can help you decide:
https://www.aringo.com/CampusVisit.htm
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [2]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Dbalks wrote:

Well, let's not be modest. That 750 GMAT carries more weight at Sloan than it does at other schools. Whereas other schools use a holistic approach and would dismiss the difference of a 750 with say, a 720, Sloan uses a BCS-type forumla that weights all parts of an application making a higher GMAT work to your favor.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
Dbalks wrote:

Well, let's not be modest. That 750 GMAT carries more weight at Sloan than it does at other schools. Whereas other schools use a holistic approach and would dismiss the difference of a 750 with say, a 720, Sloan uses a BCS-type forumla that weights all parts of an application making a higher GMAT work to your favor.

new info for me.

any other schools that use the same/similar process?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
Dbalks wrote:

new info for me.

any other schools that use the same/similar process?

MIT is the only school that openly admits to using this process. And +1 to Cobra for the hilarious BCS analogy. :lol:
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
If you have the time and money -- then visiting definitely can't hurt. However, just realize that admissions is very busy this time of year so you might not be able to gain access to any decision makers. Also, after your visit you should write admissions an email letting them know of your visit and the impact that this has had on your opinion of the school.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Worst case scenario even if it doesn't help your chances it will give you a real feel for the schools. Then if you get accepted to more than 1 school you will have more info to help you decide where to go.
GMAT Club Bot