Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
bluegmat700 wrote:
I was careless: I Just sent tuck my self initiated interview resume and singed the email "King regards" instead of "Kind regards" by mistake. How bad is this for my application?

As a side note I'm not a King (just in case jeje)

If this is the biggest mistake you made in your application, you'll be just fine.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
bluegmat700 wrote:
I was careless: I Just sent tuck my self initiated interview resume and singed the email "King regards" instead of "Kind regards" by mistake. How bad is this for my application?

Automatic ding. Sorry.

JK, i really doubt that will come into play
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kingfalcon & prorsum thanks for the quick reply , my nerves are all over the place!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Hey future Tuckies and current applicants.

Was looking to get some advice from some of you. I'm looking at applying in the fall of this year, but want to visit as I have some down time in the next few months. For those of you that self-initiated, when did you do it? Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
bluegmat700 wrote:

You must speak Spanish bc I think I am the only one that gets that jeje means you're laughing in Spanish. JAJAJA :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
alcalde wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

You must speak Spanish bc I think I am the only one that gets that jeje means you're laughing in Spanish. JAJAJA :)

My thoughts exactly :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
 Q47  V39
Send PM
Kudos
Prudence wrote:
alcalde wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Not the only one. I got the chiste as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
BrownBunny wrote:
Question to admits who paid the enrollment deposit:
Does anything happen once you pay the deposit, other than the printable receipt becoming available & the "congrats you successfully paid" window popping up in your application?

That's all I got so far. I'm assuming that's o.k. but just want to make sure I'm not missing anything else...

As one more data point - I accepted and paid my enrollment fee on Tuesday night (around 10pm ET) and just this morning (530am ET) got an email from them saying 'Welcome to the Tuck Class of 2015." I take this as their acknowledgement.

I look forward to meeting other T'15ers at ASW in April.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Prudence wrote:
alcalde wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

YES!!!!!!! Wow that's hilarious I did not even notice! I live in Puerto Rico born and raised, how about you?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
You must speak Spanish bc I think I am the only one that gets that jeje means you're laughing in Spanish. JAJAJA :)[/quote]

My thoughts exactly :-D[/quote]

YES!!!!!!! Wow that's hilarious I did not even notice! I live in Puerto Rico born and raised, how about you?[/quote]

Mexican in Cali!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
hamm0 wrote:
Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.

I actually visited Tuck in April of 2011 even though I didn't apply until Fall of 2012...talk about early! Take this for what it's worth, and I would call to make sure, but during my Q&A session (since it was April, I registered for class visit, no interview) the Adcom member said she realized that it's a tough trip and that if I were applying in the Fall of 2011 they could have done the interview while I was there. I think it's worth exploring, but if you plan on interviewing, make sure you've got a good resume ready and you have some career goals in mind, because whatever you say in your interview should match your career goals essay.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alcalde wrote:

My thoughts exactly :-D[/quote]

YES!!!!!!! Wow that's hilarious I did not even notice! I live in Puerto Rico born and raised, how about you?[/quote]

Mexican in Cali![/quote]

Best of luck on your apps!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Congrats to all the deposit-paying, ASW-anticipating, brand new Tuckies. We are thrilled to have you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hammz,
I don't think you can interview before the app comes out, but two trips to Hano is better than 1 if you really truly want to understand the culture up here. That said, you know enough about Tuck and know enough Tuckies to just do a single visit and do just fine.

hamm0 wrote:
Hey future Tuckies and current applicants.

Was looking to get some advice from some of you. I'm looking at applying in the fall of this year, but want to visit as I have some down time in the next few months. For those of you that self-initiated, when did you do it? Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
hamm0 wrote:
Is March/May too early? (will they even let me interview at this point for 2014 intake, or are they too busy with the 13's...?) I'd hate to visit, apply, then go back to interview. Its not an easy trip even though i'm stateside.

I actually visited Tuck in April of 2011 even though I didn't apply until Fall of 2012...talk about early! Take this for what it's worth, and I would call to make sure, but during my Q&A session (since it was April, I registered for class visit, no interview) the Adcom member said she realized that it's a tough trip and that if I were applying in the Fall of 2011 they could have done the interview while I was there. I think it's worth exploring, but if you plan on interviewing, make sure you've got a good resume ready and you have some career goals in mind, because whatever you say in your interview should match your career goals essay.

I'm going to tuck next week for my on-campus interview. How important do you think the interview is, given that anyone can do one? I thought my tuck essays were the weakest out of all the schools i applied to, so i'm hoping that a great interview can sort of compensate for the essays.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
hamm0 wrote:

I'm going to tuck next week for my on-campus interview. How important do you think the interview is, given that anyone can do one? I thought my tuck essays were the weakest out of all the schools i applied to, so i'm hoping that a great interview can sort of compensate for the essays.

I've interviewed at a few places and I thought my Tuck interview was the one that focused the most on FIT, which is exactly what I had heard coming in from current students and alums.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Anyone else feel that 3/15 can't come soon enough? Glad I'm traveling a lot for work lately :)

If any current students are reading: how does the school feel about visits post-application and interview? I'm thinking of going skiing sometime soon and would love to stop by Tuck on the way there or back. There's also a conference coming up that I was considering attending. However, I don't want to seem over anxious, I'm just really enthusiastic about the opportunity to attend. Do you think another visit would be overdoing it?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts