Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MSc Finance Admission chances [#permalink]
Well the SSE for example has 653 avg. Other universities have higher averages (like EDHEC has 668, 670 for ESADE and so on) but I don't think it's a big difference from my score. I also have good GPA so I think that makes up for it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
commdiver wrote:
How do your stats compare to the mean and median stats at these schools? A 650 is usually the bare minimum for top MSc programs.

My GMAT score is 660 (Q49 V31), should I apply for a school of which the average GMAT score is around 550? I mean, will the admission committee reject my application because my score is far beyond what they need?
Also, can a higher score in Quant (Q49>V31) be considered as a good point for an MSF program?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Said (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Sales (Investment Banking)
Send PM
As far as I know HSG looks only at the total GMAT score, so your high Q may not be considerated, and they require a minimum score of 680. But I think they don't take admission fees so you would lose nothing, except some time, by applying. Maybe your internships and good grades can outweight the "bad" GMAT result.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
@midofnowhere: I can't comment on whether your higher quant score will help you at HSG because I am not familiar with the admissions at HSG. But I can say that at many other masters finance programs a higher quant will be very helpful in obtaining admissions, especially the more quantative programs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
wjf9838 wrote:
@midofnowhere: I can't comment on whether your higher quant score will help you at HSG because I am not familiar with the admissions at HSG. But I can say that at many other masters finance programs a higher quant will be very helpful in obtaining admissions, especially the more quantative programs.

I don't think it will help as much if the score is unbalanced. I have personally talked to two ESADE admission directors, both of them told me that one better has a balanced score (the higher, the better ofc). As far as HSG is concerned, they only look at the overall score. Check their webpage for more information.

@AkisGr: Did you contact the SSE admission office? I have read in older threads that the avg GMAT score for the CF/ Inv Mgmt specialization was around 670-680 in past years.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts