Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
myvitalsign wrote:
dman25 wrote:
Thanks for the link but I was specifically asking about the when (2/9, 2/16, 2/23?)

LOL totally misread your question - sorry!

It's 2/2/13

Is it safe to assume that if we are US applicants not form the Bay Area, that we're probably not getting invited to Super Saturday? I would drop all plans and go there if they invited me on 2/1, but logistically I assume they send those out earlier so that people have enough time to book flights, etc...

Here's hoping for an interview in my area!
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
aashrai wrote:
myvitalsign wrote:
dman25 wrote:
Thanks for the link but I was specifically asking about the when (2/9, 2/16, 2/23?)

LOL totally misread your question - sorry!

It's 2/2/13

Is it safe to assume that if we are US applicants not form the Bay Area, that we're probably not getting invited to Super Saturday? I would drop all plans and go there if they invited me on 2/1, but logistically I assume they send those out earlier so that people have enough time to book flights, etc...

Here's hoping for an interview in my area!

Super Saturday invites are for US applicants NOT from the Bay Area. I would assume that if you indicated that you visited campus then you might not get a Super Saturday invite. Regardless, it no different than a regular interview on any normal day.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Application question for those of you who already applied to Haas. In the employment section they say to NOT include unpaid work. Does this include stuff like startup/consulting projects where one is not getting paid? Or does this apply to volunteer stuff like community service work, etc.?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Shawshank wrote:
Application question for those of you who already applied to Haas. In the employment section they say to NOT include unpaid work. Does this include stuff like startup/consulting projects where one is not getting paid? Or does this apply to volunteer stuff like community service work, etc.?

I've been doing advisory work with a startup that is completely unpaid (no equity or anything), and I listed that role in the community service/extracurricular activity section for all of the schools I applied to. I don't remember exactly how Haas broke up its app, but since I wasn't getting paid and it wasn't a structured "internship" I didn't feel comfortable listing it as "employment". I'd say definitely put it on your resume and definitely list it as an extracurricular, but leave it out of employment.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
mrbucket wrote:
Shawshank wrote:

I've been doing advisory work with a startup that is completely unpaid (no equity or anything), and I listed that role in the community service/extracurricular activity section for all of the schools I applied to. I don't remember exactly how Haas broke up its app, but since I wasn't getting paid and it wasn't a structured "internship" I didn't feel comfortable listing it as "employment". I'd say definitely put it on your resume and definitely list it as an extracurricular, but leave it out of employment.

Thanks. I decided to put them on my resume. Don't think i'm going to put them in extracurriculars since my resume has the pertinent information and don't feel like double listing them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.71
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Any news for R2 applicant yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
pascalchristian wrote:
Any news for R2 applicant yet?

Nopes. Whats up with HAAS??? I've not heard a lot of people from R2 invited to interview. Have they already filled up their class in R1? Has any international applicant got an interview invite (whether currently in the US or elsewhere)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: Ross '15 (A$)
Send PM
Any California R2 applicants invited to interview? Or anyone with a 12/12 or later confirmation email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
the fact that this blog is quiet makes me feel a bit better! It just looks like there are a whole lot of us awaiting an interview invite! And not many getting contacted !
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
cyril94115 wrote:
the fact that this blog is quiet makes me feel a bit better! It just looks like there are a whole lot of us awaiting an interview invite! And not many getting contacted !

Definitely - still feels weird that it's been over 7 weeks and we haven't heard anything...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I just had a look at last year's thread and they had interview invites going out in February as well. Granted, last year's R2 decision date was about a week later, but it seems we still have about 2-3 weeks left.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: IMD '16 (S)
Send PM
HI,

As a Round 2 Applicant any idea of the approx wait time for an Interview call,
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q49 V44
Send PM
lm11 wrote:
HI,

As a Round 2 Applicant any idea of the approx wait time for an Interview call,

I applied Round 2 and just got an interview request email. Seems like these things are going out random and sporadic, so I wouldn't fret if you haven't heard anything yet.

The email told me to log onto the application website and choose between on-campus and off-campus interview. For off-campus, it asked me for a city to interview. (There were lots of choices.) After confirming my city, I received an email with the name of my interviewer and instructions to schedule date/time for the interview.

Hope this helps with planning. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
R2 applicant reporting back! I'm based in the Bay Area, and just got an email to meet up with an interviewer.

Excited and nervous! EEEE!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
I am a R2 applicant residing in bay area. I just noticed the 'Status description' for my application status has changed today. My application status had changed to "application under review" on the 20th of December and status description read something like " Your application is ready for review......" ( I precisely remember the 'ready for review')

Today status description reads:
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"
The status however still remains "application under review".

I am concerned about the second sentence. Does this somehow mean I am not chosen for interview?? Do all of you have a similar status description.

Also, if this is the status description prior to getting an invite, does anybody know what the average time is prior to getting invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.48
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Just received my interview invite, haven't seen other R2 international invites yet so I thought it would be meaningful to the forum to post. I wouldn't panic if you're another international student and haven't been invited yet...I think I'm a bit of an "in between" case because I'm from California but on a temporary work assignment to Israel.

In any case...a bit more on my background:

Undergrad at Berkeley - 3.48
3 years Big 4 in audit
5.5 years in finance in renewable energy
1.5 years working in Israel
GMAT - Q-45(68%) V-47(99%) 740(94%)
Submitted my application on the due date...can't recall when mine went to "under review"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V33
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
dilbert99 wrote:
asax wrote:
Congrats to all R1 applicant call-getters! Those who are in waitlist/waiting for a interview Invite R2... all the very best. Hope is something you can hold on to pretty tightly :).

R1 applicants - would be really glad if you can post your profile, country and interview questions along with what you loved about the interviewer(culture or something). Might be of a great help to us all.

Happy new year to all of you!

I'm a US applicant working in the financial services industry. GMAT was 750+ with a 3.5+ gpa from a top US public school.

The interview questions were posted earlier in this thread by someone else. They are quite generic in my opinion (why a MBA? Why Haas?) and I believe that the interview is more a fit test than anything. My interviewer was from Europe and was very laid back. He had participated in a startup competition at Haas so it was interesting to talk to him about that since I have entrepreneurial interests. We had a very good dialogue and I came away feeling that we had connected well. Note that they end the interview at 45 minutes sharp on campus.

Congrats dilbert99, hope to see you there in a few months.
I'm from Israel, male, 31, 670, 3.0 GPA, vast work experience, CPA in big4 accounting firm, and plenty of volunteer work which really impressed them as per the acceptance call from the admissions.
I agree with what dilbert99 wrote above. The interview itself was very easygoing in a coffee-shop for about 45 minutes.
It started by him telling me a bit about himself and then asked me the normal questions:
Tell me about yourself
Why MBA?
Why now?
Why Haas?
Career goals?
What would your friends say your character flaws are? (wasn't prepared for this one)
He then gave me a chance to ask him some questions which I had prepared in advance, both the usual (why MBA, why Haas...) and specific questions about his profession (googled him before) and that's it.

hope this helps, good luck
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts