Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [65]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1832 [1]
Given Kudos: 370
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Re: 760- ping pong did the trick [#permalink]
congratulations!

I would be very interested to hear about what type of questions you encountered.

did you get more than one combinatorics questions? what about statistics, number properties etc? you mentioned you only got 1 probability question?

in the verbal section how Many readings did you get? short vs long?

thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Great post, informative and interesting
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Send PM
Thank you for the kudos. It is nice to be appreciated.

@ anuj4ufriends: thats the tricky part. While I will apply to some schools in R3, I am not certain how many seats are left. I am looking for at least a partial scholarship. I have looked at Darden, HAAS and have talked to a couple of admission consultants. It seems like the first school is a good 40-60 hours of effort. Every subsequent school is less effort. I will look to apply for R1 next year if I dont get an admit for this fall. I really want to start this fall though. What do you recommend.

@elgreco1: I did not take down this data but what I remember is that the distribution of questions by topic/type was not much different than that in GMATPrep. There was hardly a probability question. a good number of questions that tested number properties one way or the other, sequences were there, a couple of tricky co-ordinate geometry. Overall, DS was much more confusing than PS.

My first RC was relatively ok, second was one of those 3 paragraph ones, third and fourth were dense but not super long. I guess the second RC had trained me to expect the worst. luckily, i had a minute to spare on the second RC so I did not panic
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congratulations on your terrific test.

In your post you mentioned you took four Manhattan GMAT mocks. Do you remember the time frame prior to the test that you took them. I would greatly appreciate this information as I am trying to determine a realistic date for taking this test. Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1832 [1]
Given Kudos: 370
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
In terms of difficulty level of the questions you encountered on the the actual gmat which other test prep mock comes close to that? and how would you rate gmatprep 2.0 Question pack1 esp. the hard ones out of the 404 questions?

good luck for the application for R3, May be the articles below can help

https://gmatclub.com/blog/2013/01/dont-a ... s-article/

https://blog.accepted.com/2010/12/31/mba ... next-year/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1527 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT Date: 08-01-2013
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Congrats...... Great story....

Can you suggest how was your experience with egmat mock test?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 562
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
congrats..
what's ur split score?

Q and V?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [2]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Kudos
sanketsharma wrote:
...we developed a routine to play ping pong for a few minutes every night.

Well done, Sanket.

Hope ping pong helps you become the king kong of MBA applications too.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry folks for the late response. I was busy sifting through schools. I see that I have some truly great advice on this thread.

@dentobizz: Thank you for the article by Amerasia. The article is a good read. It sheds light for some really important things that one should keep in mind. Kudos to the author for coming up with the article. Now to answer your question - GMATPrep's verbal is very comparable to the real GMAT. And the question pack is golden. Go for it. Do not even hesitate.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@altice: I took most of the MGMAT mocks 25 days before my exam. This is after I was 80% through with my GMAT preparation. Because I did the grockit mini quizzes, I had developed decent stamina by the time I took mock # of MGMAT. I would recommend that you take a mock and see where you stand. I would recommend taking a minimum of 3 mocks and keeping at least 20 days between your first mock and the exam (unless you are a seasoned pro at giving these tests)

@ targetbschool: I believe you mean the grockit tests. I did not use them as mocks but more as mini quizzes. Rajat@egmat recommended this as I had access to MGMAT mocks. The grockit quiestions were good - Very OG like. The interface is very nice and pleasing and the fact that you can choose to practice is a very big advantage.

@ Sachin9: Q50, V42

@ MBACrystalBall: Thank you so much Sir.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
hi sanket. .
congrats on the great score. .

How was IR in comparison to the one in Manhattan CATs?

I find IR very time consuming on Manhattan CATs and I have never been able to complete the section in these tests. Couldn't go beyond the score of 1.7 so far..

Is IR really tough on teh gmat or is it manageable?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi Sanket,

Do we need to remember the GMAT codes of 5 Schools to which we want to send the scores?
Or can we select the school name there from the list?

Also, say If I plan to do my MBA 2 years from now. Do I need to send the scores again to schools after 2 years?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
@sachin9: IR on MGMAT was really difficult. I used the official tests and the IR tests on egmat. IR on the real exam is quite managable. Regarding School codes: I knew them beforehand, however I am quite certain that you can figure them out. I dont know whether you will need to send the scores again in 2 years. you should not as the GMAT score is valid for 5 years. However, ask some school representatives for the same.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Great stuff! Completely agreed though MGMAT is the way, throw all the other books away.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Thank you for your awesome debrief and congratulations on your success. I have three months before my exam and I am contemplating whether to study from books or take up a course. I just saw a video by egmat posted on the SC forum and it seemed a lot easier to understand than reading a book. however, it seemed too easy. I am worried that I will forget it. Can you tell me if you retain stuff that you see in videos.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Congratulations for your great GMAT score. I am trying to get motivated at the onset of my prep itself. So am going through the best debrief discussions and am learning something great from each one of these. From yours, I specifically liked these two points: I will surely see if I could incorporate the same into my schedule :)

5. Do something interesting along with studying: Studying took two hours away from my day everyday. So I had to do something to compensate for it. I purchased a table tennis (ping pong) table. Those 10 to 15 minutes of ping pong were a great stress buster.
6. Imagine success: There were days when I was down, did not want to work. On those days, I would read success stories from people such as Santanu, read stories of people getting fellowships form the likes of Darden, Tuck etc. I kept telling myself that GMAT is not a chore but an investment in my future, probably my biggest investment. That kept me going all along.

-Anup
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.49
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,
Congratulations on your score.
I admire your dedication to stick to your routine despite having external pressures .
It highlights the importance of sticking to the plan and seeing it through.
Can you let me know which "edition" of the complete MGMAT prep you have ordered on Amazon?

Cheers
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts