Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:28 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Madison (U of Wisconsin) 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Did everyone receive a decision back last Friday -- even a rejection, wait list or defer? I am a round 1 applicant and I never received an email and my online application status has not been updated in any way...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
Send PM
bhamm91 wrote:
Did everyone receive a decision back last Friday -- even a rejection, wait list or defer? I am a round 1 applicant and I never received an email and my online application status has not been updated in any way...

We did receive the feedback (either admitted or wait list or rejected ...) As far as I know :-). Why don't you drop an email to the admission team asking for your status ? Or maybe because you did not submit enough GMAT or Transcript I guess... Just check out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I was thinking to try for colleges next year but due to some personal reasons I am planning to apply to colleges this year only.I gave my gmat 20 days before.My profile is as follows

GMAT-680(V31,Q50) AWA 5.5 and IR 6
Exp-2 yrs in june 2013 in IT company
Extra curricular-national level table tennis player
Have worked with two NGOs
Acads-88% from VIT university.

What do you think my chances are if I apply in round 2 or in round 3(as I am not sure if I can complete my essays till round 2).

Thanks,
Vaibhav
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Human Resources, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hi all,
I'm planning on accepting my offer from Wisconsin in Strategic HR Management :-D Any others going to be joining me next fall? If so, what specialization? and where are you coming from? I went to undergrad at UW, so I'm happy to shed a little light on the city, good neighborhoods to live, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.79
WE:Analyst (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
mochi17 wrote:
Hi all,
I'm planning on accepting my offer from Wisconsin in Strategic HR Management :-D Any others going to be joining me next fall? If so, what specialization? and where are you coming from? I went to undergrad at UW, so I'm happy to shed a little light on the city, good neighborhoods to live, etc.

I'm thrilled to announce that I have accepted my offer, in the Marketing Research specialization. I'm coming from Milwaukee, so it shouldn't be too bad of a trek to get to Madison! Thanks for your offer to shed light on the city... I'll be sure to ask some questions once I need to start figuring out where to live etc.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Human Resources, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
zss347 wrote:
mochi17 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm thrilled to announce that I have accepted my offer, in the Marketing Research specialization. I'm coming from Milwaukee, so it shouldn't be too bad of a trek to get to Madison! Thanks for your offer to shed light on the city... I'll be sure to ask some questions once I need to start figuring out where to live etc.

That's amazing - congrats!! I'll look forward to seeing you in Madison in the fall! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Actually, I am working on my Wisconsin application currently. The essays, as whoever is applying to Madison might have noticed are different from most of the other MBA schools. I have chosen to write about Supply Chain Management. I wanted to know what is the word limit for both the specialization essays. I could not find it on their site. Also, except these two essays are there any other essays that we need to write.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. A bit urgent please..:)

Originally posted by negative on 27 Jan 2013, 10:22.
Last edited by aerien on 27 Jan 2013, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
Merged post with school master thread
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi, I'm a current wisconsin student. For those who got in, congrats. Good luck to the rest.

Only need the two essays, and if you have any questions, call up the centers and they will give guidance. Very friendly here at madison.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.47
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
guy22102 wrote:
Hi, I'm a current wisconsin student. For those who got in, congrats. Good luck to the rest.

Only need the two essays, and if you have any questions, call up the centers and they will give guidance. Very friendly here at madison.

I uploaded the transcripts in the admissions portal.I was checking the admissions portal it says that transcripts still pending!
Do we need to send sealed transcripts to univ of Wisconsin or just the transcripts with university stamp need to be uploaded?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Any R2 applicant got interview calls?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
melon wrote:
guy22102 wrote:

I uploaded the transcripts in the admissions portal.I was checking the admissions portal it says that transcripts still pending!
Do we need to send sealed transcripts to univ of Wisconsin or just the transcripts with university stamp need to be uploaded?

Sorry for the late reply. You're better off asking the admissions office if you want to be sure. But it's the application process here is very hands on, your file will be looked at by several groups of people, if something is missing, they'll let you know and give you a chance to submit. I would just make sure it's complete, with GPA from each school, if they need a sealed transcript, they'll tell you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Insurance)
Send PM
guy22102 wrote:
melon wrote:
guy22102 wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. You're better off asking the admissions office if you want to be sure. But it's the application process here is very hands on, your file will be looked at by several groups of people, if something is missing, they'll let you know and give you a chance to submit. I would just make sure it's complete, with GPA from each school, if they need a sealed transcript, they'll tell you.

Hello guy22102,

I have been going through innumerable rounds of interviews... First with ad com, then with faculty, then with an alumni... Anyone in the same situation? I am not really sure where these interviews are taking me... Any help into this is very much appreciated !!

I have applied to RMI program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dc1509 wrote:
Hello guy22102,

I have been going through innumerable rounds of interviews... First with ad com, then with faculty, then with an alumni... Anyone in the same situation? I am not really sure where these interviews are taking me... Any help into this is very much appreciated !!

I have applied to RMI program.

Hey, sorry can't help you, I'm in Brand program and not RMI (wouldn't want to speak on their behalf). But think of it this way, they must be really thinking about you if they were to get three people involved. More interview the better is how I would read it.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
asphalt wrote:
Any R2 applicant got interview calls?

I haven't. I'm thinking it would have to happen soon in order to have a decision by march 11th.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just received an interview invite to the Center of Brand and Product Management! I'm very excited, but also want to make sure I'm as ready as I can possibly be. I have done a ton of research on the program, but any tips or insights would be greatly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ballen wrote:
I just received an interview invite to the Center of Brand and Product Management! I'm very excited, but also want to make sure I'm as ready as I can possibly be. I have done a ton of research on the program, but any tips or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats! I'm a first year Brand student. In terms of tips or insight, just be honest and express why you're interested in Brand program. I think that's what matters the most, because it's just an unique program and it's important that people understand why it's a good fit for them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That is great advice. Thank you. Are there any off the wall or tough questions I should prepare for?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts