Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72861 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: ISB '15
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: 200+ in 5 week ?? [#permalink]
hirshi wrote:
Hello All,
I have been struggling alot to improve score from 460 to my target score of 700+.
I gave 3 tests till now and got score of 420(GMATprep1), 460(GMATprep1) and 450(Princeton free test). I dont know how to go beyond this score ? What strategy I need to follow ? What kind of mindset required to get above 700 ? I Scheduled my exam appoinment on 25 feb and I really need myself to fasten at chair and study rigerously.
Some Background: Engineer with 2.5 years of experince. Extemely busy due to stressfull work. The kind of job in which I am makes me really difficuilt to focus on study. I am able to find out 2 hours a day when I can study and 2 full days(sat and sun).
I already completed the OG12 and Identifed my weakness areas in maths but in case of verbal I really struggling with to find out those areas.
I a precaution I took the holidays from 5'th feb till the exam. 21 Full days.
Anyone who can guide me through ?? It is my earnest request to all of you to Please help me..! It is DO or Die situation for me.

Material Using:
1) OG 12, OG13, Verbal and Quant review.
2) Manhattan Strategy Guide.
3) Aristotle SC, RC99, CR bible
4)Manhattan 6 tests.

Statistics are near me for OG but dont understand how to find my way through it.
If some strategy expert can guide me through my situation. Please help me really.
Here I am attaching my study plan for reference.

Hello,

What is your individual quant and verbal breakup when you took Gmatprep twice ?
did you complete mgmat SC
did you complete all the mgmat quant guides ?

Try Thursdays for Ron for SC and RC Videos.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
I think it will be tough. Very tough. I worked my tail off for 3.5 months to get 210 points up. I would say probably would not count on it esp if you have been studying and not progressing.

If you want that kind of a result, you probably need a private tutor or something other than what you have been doing so far... you need a change is what I am saying

Thanks a lot 'bb' for the reply.I am basically counting on 21 days where I willbe getting complete 24 hours to work. Meanwhile, I started to work on weak areas in quant such as percentages, word problems etc and verbal Practice packets incluing 10 questions of each topic. I think, I am not referring any wrong material. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If you dont mind, could you please provide me the Crux of your study ?
What key points you figured out and those points you kept in mind to get such descent score ? What topics you think are most important in GMAT ?

so that I can learn from your experience and apply these experience in working .

Basically, there are many subtleties in each basic topic of maths and yes, I observed that pattern exists.
If you have the collection of such points or notes, would you mind to share it ??

If it very tough to get such 200+ improvement so be it, but least I can give a best try.

I really dont mind to work hard and maximize my chances. If I found that I am not able to acheive target 10 days before exam may be I will postpone date so that I will be saved ruining attempt.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi SteelersWVU09,

I am happy that someone is going through the way like the way I am going. I am indeed looking for some genuine advice to increase above the score on which I am .
There should some tips, some way to imporve upon, or some thing I am doing wrong I am really not able to figure out. What I am now most focused is to improve upon my quant weakness areas, which I identified and working on verbal to indentify those areas.
Example:
There is one question specific to RC and I think it is famous one; How to find the main idea of passage ?? Some expert wrote about importance of this question is, if you got the correct answer of this question you mostly got the gist of passage and you can answer
every other question excpet specifc detail.
I am getting this question mostly wrong when I try to answer the questions on passage under timed condition.
Working to improve upon this(mentioned above) subtleties.
Please dont mind to share if you got any tips regarding this kind of tips.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Taking leaves is beneficial. However GMAT cannot be crammed in a short period of time, especially when you are looking for big improvements. Donot waste your leaves, rather take distributed vacation. Means 5, 3 day weekends is better than one week having all days off. You are likely to get bored studying GMAT 24 /7. Moreover your brain needs time to absorb information. For example consider you are preparing for an atheletic event. Would you rather prepare slowly for 5 months or go full throttle in 1 month. Just my 0.02$.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
Taking leaves is beneficial. However GMAT cannot be crammed in a short period of time, especially when you are looking for big improvements. Donot waste your leaves, rather take distributed vacation. Means 5, 3 day weekends is better than one week having all days off. You are likely to get bored studying GMAT 24 /7. Moreover your brain needs time to absorb information. For example consider you are preparing for an atheletic event. Would you rather prepare slowly for 5 months or go full throttle in 1 month. Just my 0.02$.

I would agree with you. My first time around I studied over 6 months. I lost a lot of the information over the 6 months. I think 3 months might be the ideal schedule.
GMAT Club Bot