Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.79
WE:Analyst (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Which Schools should I apply to [#permalink]
Thanks. To each his own I guess... Anybody else with a reasonable opinion that can help me?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I honestly don't think there are many programs where you'd be a viable applicant with a 580 GMAT.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3119 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I think March 2nd would be the deadline for R4. You should check whether international candidates are allowed to apply in R4. I think the answer in most probability would be no. Even if it is R3, it is a bad idea for international candidates to apply. If you are not in a hurry, better to wait for R1 of next year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the responses so far..

I know a few people who have gained admission to Purdue Calumet in their MBA program, their GMAT ranging from 530 to 620. And except a handful of them, they are having well paid jobs between $30 and $50 an hour. So, can you guys please tell me why you are saying what you are saying. Is Purdue not good enough? If not, then why? Is any school that grants admission in the 580 range not good enough? Again, why?

I dont mean to be rude here. I am just trying to find out if you have any reason to support what you are saying. And, again, thanks for replying. I really appreciate it. I should have probably taken care of this earlier, but now I realize that I have to take GMAT day after and I don't have a list of 5 schools that I should apply to after getting my score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Ok, I see buddy. But if you believe that you can make it to Purdue and you do like that school then go for it my friend, no matter what we say here. The one single point is, since you come from India, you are going to be compared with some other Indian folks, who could possess a better GMAT score than you, and there you can lose ground. Though, if you do believe that you can get a better score had you more time, then be patient and give yourself time to ace the GMAT, since it will open doors to better schools, scholarships, better jobs (usually those interview pals ask about the GMAT score)...These are my 50 cents, but it is up to you what to do, godspeed bro!

hellraiser06 wrote:
Thanks for the responses so far..

I know a few people who have gained admission to Purdue Calumet in their MBA program, their GMAT ranging from 530 to 620. And except a handful of them, they are having well paid jobs between $30 and $50 an hour. So, can you guys please tell me why you are saying what you are saying. Is Purdue not good enough? If not, then why? Is any school that grants admission in the 580 range not good enough? Again, why?

I dont mean to be rude here. I am just trying to find out if you have any reason to support what you are saying. And, again, thanks for replying. I really appreciate it. I should have probably taken care of this earlier, but now I realize that I have to take GMAT day after and I don't have a list of 5 schools that I should apply to after getting my score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How are these schools?:

Ball State
Indiana State
Indiana University Northwest
IPFW - Fort Wayne
University of Indianpolis
University of Southern Indiana
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 01-20-2005
Send PM
Hi,

You can target b-schools in R-3 and R-4 with GMAT range between 550-700 like: Cincinnati, Babson-Olin, Michigan-Broad, Maryland-Smith, Smeal, Tulane-Freeman, Washington-Foster, Urbana-Champaign and Boston-Carroll. Well these are just few good one in US, you can also try your chances in b-schools by clicking https://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

I would also recommend you to write strong application essays by demonstrating leadership traits in it. To know more about interview tips and preparations, click https://bit.ly/XQVp4s

Feel free to post any other concerns you might have. You can PM your number to have a discussion over profile and selection of b-schools.

Best,
AK

hellraiser06 wrote:
Hi,

I will be taking GMAT on 1/24/13. I started studying on Oct 20 2012. Right now, whenver I take a GMAT mock test, I score in the 580 590 range.

GMAT prep 1 (early november after 15 days of studying): 450 (dont remember the exact break up of scores)
GMAT prep 1 (mid December) : 560 Q41 V22
GMAT prep 2 (1/13/2013): 530 Q41 V22
GMAT prep 1 (1/19/2013): 590 Q41 V30
MGMAT 1 (1/20/2013): 580 Q38 V32

So, as you can see my scores are hovering around 580, with Q at around 40 and V at around 30 32. I don't expect miracles on GMAT on 1/24 (3 days left). My weak areas are DS in quant and RC and SC on verbal. I am blazing thru CR like a champ, which I was most afraid of when I started my preparation... :)

A brief profile: I am from India. I have slightly more than 5 years of work experience in Infrastructure support and I am working with an IT major. I completed my B.E. in 2007 in Computer Science and Engineering.

Now, I am planning to apply to Purdue University Calumet campus. Its application deadline is March 1. What other universities should I apply to assuming that I get around 580 in GMAT?
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi,

Is US is the only priority ?

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot