Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:49 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions [#permalink]
Hi
I am aiming for Jan 2014 batch.. but I need to take my GMAT exam
My query is , even if I apply for the INSEAD and fill the forms , what are the deadlines to submit GMAT score

regards
vivek sahu
Send PM
viveksahu wrote:
Hi
I am aiming for Jan 2014 batch.. but I need to take my GMAT exam
My query is , even if I apply for the INSEAD and fill the forms , what are the deadlines to submit GMAT score

regards
vivek sahu

Hi Vivek,
You must submit your GMAT score at the same time as your application file, and all your supporting documents. We will not take into consideration any documents provided passed the application deadline.

Cheers,
Camille
Send PM
sushmitayadav wrote:
Hi,

Could you please advise me whether my GMAT score is good enough or do I need to retake the exam?

Cadidate: Indian Female
Work Ex: 6 years of work experience in Semiconductor Products domain in a French Organization
Undergrad: Honours degree 3.7 GPA
Highlights: very strong non profit experience. one in United Nations program and another in my own nonprofit.
International experience: travelled on short assignments to France and other travels to UK and Europe. Work with international teams and manage international projects
Languages: English fluent (Toefl 110), Franch Basic conversational, Hindi (native)
GMAT: 670 (Q 49 83%, V 31 59%, AWA 5 57%, IR 2 12%) and 660 (Q 50 90%, V 30 56%, AWA 5 57%)
Application deadline: April 2013

GMAT : highest
Q: 50 90%
V: 32 59%
AWA: 5
IR: 2 12%

I am particularily worried about my IR and verbal scores. Is Insead going to consider IR section of students for evalaution for Jan 2014 applications? Also, does Insead consider best scores from two different sections? Kindly recommend what should I aim for in particular sections incase I need to retake the exam.

Also at the time of application do I have to show proficiency (some degree certificate or something) for the 3rd language in my case it is French?

Regards,
Christy

Hi Christy,

About GMAT requirement, you can check the list of FAQ we have listed on our website. Here is the one about GMAT score:
https://mba.insead.edu/faq/AdmissionsRequirementsandSelectionCriteria.cfm#GMATscore

In regards to the IR section of the test you can find info on how we consider it in the application at the link below:
https://mba.insead.edu/faq/AdmissionsRequirementsandSelectionCriteria.cfm#IRsection

Finally, you don't need to worry about your 3rd language. You have until the end of your MBA to provide certification. You can find all the information about the 'exit language' on page 6 of our Language Policy document: https://mba-aol.insead.edu/documents/languages/language_policy.pdf

Cheers,
Camille
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi there,

I have a question about INSEAD and visas for international students. I am a US citizen and my wife is a Chinese citizen. If I get accepted into INSEAD, will she be able to get a visa to come as well? In the US, I believe there's F2 visas for family of students, but is that possible in both Singapore and France?
Send PM
yialanliu wrote:
Hi there,

I have a question about INSEAD and visas for international students. I am a US citizen and my wife is a Chinese citizen. If I get accepted into INSEAD, will she be able to get a visa to come as well? In the US, I believe there's F2 visas for family of students, but is that possible in both Singapore and France?

HI Yialanliu,

I'm not an expert in visa, so i asked THE expert in our Programme management department. Now, the answer to your question is in fact very complicated as the type of visa for you and your spouse will depend on your starting campus and if you will or will not decide to exchange with the other campus and for how long. So to give you the short answer, yes your wife should be able to get a visa to come with you on either one of the campus.
Visa arrangements can be tricky. What i can assure you is that THE expert is here to help out students and their partner through the process and can provide contacts and assistance to ensure you both get the visa that suits your situation.

If you really want me to give you the complicated answer, i can send you a private message. If this very specific situation (ie US citizen student married to a Chinese partner) interest other members, i'm happy to post it on the forum. Just let me know :-)

Cheers,
Camille
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics
Send PM
Dear Camille,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions here. I wanted to inquire about the January 2014 intake for which I'm planning to apply.

Are the number of applicants accepted to INSEAD MBA in January intake the same as the number in September intake? In terms of getting an admission, is the September intake better than January?

I'm trying to figure out if there are differences between the two intakes other than the optional summer internship option in Jan intake.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Dear Camille,

I have a question regarding the requirement for English Proficiency Certification- English is not my native language but I received my university degree in US (conducted exclusively in English). However, the language of instruction is not mentioned on the transcripts. Do I need to request a certification letter from my school? Also, I took courses in 3 community colleges then transfer to the university, do I need to request certification letters from all the schools?

Thanks in advance for your time! :)
Send PM
gsmon wrote:
Dear Camille,

Are the number of applicants accepted to INSEAD MBA in January intake the same as the number in September intake? In terms of getting an admission, is the September intake better than January?

Thanks.

Hi Gsmon,
Both intakes are roughly equal in students' number: more or less 500 students. Indeed, only the Jan intake offers an internship which students with an interest in investment banking must absolutely do. Therefore, we advise these people to apply for January. Other than that, there is no difference!

Cheers,
Camille
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Send PM