Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:45 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Status:Destination Sales and Guest Relations Manager for Russia, CIS & Eastern Europe
Affiliations: Starwood Hotels: The Grand Mauritian & Le Meridien
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Olga: Kovshanova, MBA, MA
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Schools: Insead '14
GMAT Date: 02-20-2013
GPA: 3.9
WE:Sales (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Please enable tapatalk so that I can browse gmatclub forums on my windows phone. as there is no app (gmat tool kit) for windows phone
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
jkaustubh wrote:
Please enable tapatalk so that I can browse gmatclub forums on my windows phone. as there is no app (gmat tool kit) for windows phone

It's been enabled, please give it a try.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: RE: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
bb wrote:
jkaustubh wrote:

It's been enabled, please give it a try.

working like a charm....thanks a lot

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [2]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Can we change the color of "Admitted from WL" in user profiles/stats in first posts of school threads? Black to me says submitted. I feel like Admit from WL should still be some shade of green :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
aerien wrote:
Can we change the color of "Admitted from WL" in user profiles/stats in first posts of school threads? Black to me says submitted. I feel like Admit from WL should still be some shade of green :)

Yes... that must a fluke/glitch/etc. Yes, it should be green as in Admitted. Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 787 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Technical fix request: Whenever I preview the contents of a new topic (while posting for the first time and not during subsequent editing), all the radio button selections and checkbox selections get automatically reset to the default. When I try to preview for the second time, I get a message as "enter the answer choice" though the answer was entered at the very beginning. Every time after the preview, I need to select the answer choice and other preferences. I believe "preview" action is resetting the checkboxes and radio buttons by mistake. This is not a one-time problem as I noticed this several times. Please look into this.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
doe007 wrote:
Technical fix request: Whenever I preview the contents of a new topic (while posting for the first time and not during subsequent editing), all the radio button selections and checkbox selections get automatically reset to the default. When I try to preview for the second time, I get a message as "enter the answer choice" though the answer was entered at the very beginning. Every time after the preview, I need to select the answer choice and other preferences. I believe "preview" action is resetting the checkboxes and radio buttons by mistake. This is not a one-time problem as I noticed this several times. Please look into this.

Thank you for reporting - yes, I know what you mean very well. Will address.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
I really like the accepted/rejected/waitlisted graphic that's on the 1st post of every "Calling all ..." thread; can we get a page that just shows those graphics for each school?

Often, I'll just open those posts to only look at that picture.

Thanks!
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3091 [1]
Given Kudos: 141
Send PM
Kudos
Hello!
I feel that the Tags(Identifying the Topic, like Weaken,Assumption,Subject-Verb Agreemenr,etc) for Questions on the SC/RC forum,pre-emptively give away what the question is about. For example, If i read a question and the tag on top says that it is an Assumption question/A modifier Problem, I feel it gives a minor hint ,which won't be present during the actual exam. Maybe we could hide the tags(atleast the topic) and display it only when a user wants to see it.
Thanks.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
mau5 wrote:
Hello!
I feel that the Tags(Identifying the Topic, like Weaken,Assumption,Subject-Verb Agreemenr,etc) for Questions on the SC/RC forum,pre-emptively give away what the question is about. For example, If i read a question and the tag on top says that it is an Assumption question/A modifier Problem, I feel it gives a minor hint ,which won't be present during the actual exam. Maybe we could hide the tags(atleast the topic) and display it only when a user wants to see it.
Thanks.

Thank you!
Would you hide them in the Forum View (which has a listing of topics) as well as the topic view?
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3091 [0]
Given Kudos: 141
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thank you!
Would you hide them in the Forum View (which has a listing of topics) as well as the topic view?

Maybe we could leave it up-to the user by giving him an option to remove the visibility of the tags(of the topic). So if one wanted to search certain problems under "Weaken" type,one can enable the option where all the tage would be visible across(both forum and topic view). Again, if someone wanted to go back to the practise mode, he might disable the "Show Tag" option and then practise without any hint.

However,I am not sure if this is possible !
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
mau5 wrote:
bb wrote:
Thank you!

Maybe we could leave it up-to the user by giving him an option to remove the visibility of the tags(of the topic). So if one wanted to search certain problems under "Weaken" type,one can enable the option where all the tage would be visible across(both forum and topic view). Again, if someone wanted to go back to the practise mode, he might disable the "Show Tag" option and then practise without any hint.

However,I am not sure if this is possible !

I fully understand what you mean - it is a lot more of a give-away when you work on SC or CR.
Let me think about it.
Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
First of thank you for this awesome forum!

I have been visiting regularly and wish to be a better contributor in coming future.

I have a suggestion with regards to the free test you have.
Please improve the quality of the Free Test: GMAT CLUB Verbal and Quantitative Ability

I understand its free. However, I genuinely feel that the free test if reflective of the quality of your paid material.
The explanations are also lacking and the quality of questions is not upto the mark.
The main feeling I had coming out of the exam was 'Did I waste my time by giving the Free Test on GMAT CLUB instead of any other CAT I have access to?'
Moreover, the conclusive feeling is that I will not buy the Paid tests, which I was heavily inclined to, given the poor reflection the free test has had.

Given the forums, the quality of questions and discussion, I had really high expectations. Feel bad to have been let down :(
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
crash wrote:

I have been visiting regularly and wish to be a better contributor in coming future.

Please improve the quality of the Free Test: GMAT CLUB Verbal and Quantitative Ability

I understand its free. However, I genuinely feel that the free test if reflective of the quality of your paid material.
The explanations are also lacking and the quality of questions is not upto the mark.
The main feeling I had coming out of the exam was 'Did I waste my time by giving the Free Test on GMAT CLUB instead of any other CAT I have access to?'
Moreover, the conclusive feeling is that I will not buy the Paid tests, which I was heavily inclined to, given the poor reflection the free test has had.

Given the forums, the quality of questions and discussion, I had really high expectations. Feel bad to have been let down :(

Thank you for the feedback! Really appreciate it! Will be happy to address.
However, first of all, which free test did you take?

Best Regards,
BB.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
crash wrote:

Thank you for the feedback! Really appreciate it! Will be happy to address.
However, first of all, which free test did you take?

Best Regards,
BB.

Sorry for not being specific.
I took:
1. GMAT Club Free Quant Test
2. GMAT Club Free Verbal Test

Please let me know if you need any other details.
BTW I scored well on both the test Q51 and V39. The scores are close to what I get in other tests. Just wanted to clarify that this is not out of a grudge.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you! It is surprising since these questions were pretty representative of the other tests. Let me check on these - bunuel is on vacation for the next week so it will take me a bit. Between Bunuel and I, we have written most of these and felt they were pretty good... though it's been a long time that we have reviewed these questions.

The explanations are to the point and try to be as concise as possible. Many questions have additional discussions as needed...

P.S. If you are getting 51 in Q tests, then perhaps questions would be average to you. Most folks don't break a 40.

Either way, thank you. I will look at them again to see if there is anything unusual/bad about them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thank you! It is surprising since these questions were pretty representative of the other tests. Let me check on these - bunuel is on vacation for the next week so it will take me a bit. Between Bunuel and I, we have written most of these and felt they were pretty good... though it's been a long time that we have reviewed these questions.

The explanations are to the point and try to be as concise as possible. Many questions have additional discussions as needed...

P.S. If you are getting 51 in Q tests, then perhaps questions would be average to you. Most folks don't break a 40.

Either way, thank you. I will look at them again to see if there is anything unusual/bad about them.

I appreciate the quick reply.
I checked the Difficulty vs Perceived Difficulty. It fits.

However, I finished Quant in 45 minutes and Verbal in 50, and included multiple 15-20 seconds breaks (due to unavoidable urgent situation that arose after I started the test). The reason I am mentioning is that with so much time left, it was not a challenge. And I am sure you understand that any practice test is about the challenge.

A very personal opinion: I am not sure the resources at your end, but why not just give a free CAT. You have all the necessary modules. I am sure you have it a thought, I am just asking you to give it more seriously. :wink:

I gave Kaplan Free test, Manhattan Free test, Gmat Prep and GMAT Club set and finally bought/ subscribed the Kaplan set. I felt it was the best investment for my time and money.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  44