Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I wrote to my admission coordinator last week and she told me that it's not necessary to send your essays but it's up to you if you wish to share them with your interviewers. Now I wonder what the best strategy is...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
Send PM
ss84 wrote:
@12345av

Congrats and an enviable position to be in.

I admittedly dont know much about UF. However, I think to make your decision you have to weigh what it is that you want to do when you finish with your MBA. I believe as with most large state schools (I could be wrong in this case) that they place generally well within their region. I also think if the companies that you want to work for recruit on campus at the school you are going to, then you should have at least a decent shot of joining them post MBA.

With that being said though, INSEAD was your number one school. There are reasons for that. I am sure most of us on this thread have similar motivations for wanting to attend. I would still go to INSEAD unless there was a clear reason and advantage (besides money - this is a life long investment, spread out over the rest of your life the difference of 65k should be minimalized) to attending UF.

I dont know if that helps or not. I could also be way off here. Anyways just my .02

I live in Europe and plan to work and live in Europe post-graduation (i.e.: not in Florida so recruitment at UF doesn't really appeal to me). My only concern is the money... I try to tell my self that I only live once etc. and that money is paper, paper is wood... and we got a lot of wood :-) But it is still a tough decision. Thanks anyway for your point of view.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
12345av wrote:
ss84 wrote:
@12345av

Congrats and an enviable position to be in.

I admittedly dont know much about UF. However, I think to make your decision you have to weigh what it is that you want to do when you finish with your MBA. I believe as with most large state schools (I could be wrong in this case) that they place generally well within their region. I also think if the companies that you want to work for recruit on campus at the school you are going to, then you should have at least a decent shot of joining them post MBA.

With that being said though, INSEAD was your number one school. There are reasons for that. I am sure most of us on this thread have similar motivations for wanting to attend. I would still go to INSEAD unless there was a clear reason and advantage (besides money - this is a life long investment, spread out over the rest of your life the difference of 65k should be minimalized) to attending UF.

I dont know if that helps or not. I could also be way off here. Anyways just my .02

I live in Europe and plan to work and live in Europe post-graduation (i.e.: not in Florida so recruitment at UF doesn't really appeal to me). My only concern is the money... I try to tell my self that I only live once etc. and that money is paper, paper is wood... and we got a lot of wood :-) But it is still a tough decision. Thanks anyway for your point of view.

Go to Insead. That's it. Nothing to think about. 65,000 dollars over a 30 year career is peanuts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools: Insead '13
Send PM
LB83 wrote:
I wrote to my admission coordinator last week and she told me that it's not necessary to send your essays but it's up to you if you wish to share them with your interviewers. Now I wonder what the best strategy is...

Only provide what's asked for. Let the interviewers decide what info they want to ask you in person, that's what the interview is for.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
has anyone done an interview yet? i have an interview tomorrow and was wondering what questions i should expect
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools: LBS
WE:General Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
prenky wrote:
has anyone done an interview yet? i have an interview tomorrow and was wondering what questions i should expect

Good luck mate ! I heard from the guys who got admission that the interviews last for around 90 mins or so and they usually ask general questions. They do not grill people in interviews !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
I am planning on applying for September 2012 in Round 3.

From other forums, I see that people who have registered to Insead MBA connect can view the number of admitted candidates and the nationality distribution. Considering the fact that, more than 4 weeks have passed since the admit notifications of Round 1, could someone please share the number of admitted candidates on MBA connect?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rakedmaramon wrote:

From other forums, I see that people who have registered to Insead MBA connect can view the number of admitted candidates and the nationality distribution. Considering the fact that, more than 4 weeks have passed since the admit notifications of Round 1, could someone please share the number of admitted candidates on MBA connect?

Thanks

219 admitted so far (not sure if they remove the individuals who did not pay for the deposits).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Hsu wrote:
rakedmaramon wrote:

Thanks

219 admitted so far (not sure if they remove the individuals who did not pay for the deposits).

Do you know whether people with dual citizenship are counted twice?
Would it be possible to have detailed figures per nationality?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
I applied in R2 and was asked by INSEAD to rewrite my GMAT and apply for R3. Has anyone experienced this and had any success?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Psiga wrote:
I applied in R2 and was asked by INSEAD to rewrite my GMAT and apply for R3. Has anyone experienced this and had any success?

I assume you have a real chance if they specifically asked you to do so.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Whis wrote:
Hsu wrote:
rakedmaramon wrote:

Thanks

Do you know whether people with dual citizenship are counted twice?
Would it be possible to have detailed figures per nationality?

219 admits so far: each person is counted once. Which nationality are you interested in?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Whis: you cannot get a full list of admits by nationality, but one can restrict the search so as to see it one by one. As with "phdes", I can also give you the number of admits of the country you are interested in.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Psiga wrote:

Oh! Interesting. What was your score?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ducksworth wrote:
Psiga wrote:

Oh! Interesting. What was your score?

650 - the discrepancy between verbal and quant was highly skewed to verbal (panicked on the math section). So I'm guessing that's what I need to adjust.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Psiga wrote:
650 - the discrepancy between verbal and quant was highly skewed to verbal (panicked on the math section). So I'm guessing that's what I need to adjust.

I see. Sounds as if you have a good shot of being admitted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ducksworth wrote:
Psiga wrote:

I see. Sounds as if you have a good shot of being admitted.

Thanks! I appreciate your optimism.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts