Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Ross '15 (A$)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Oh god the website is down. HOW WILL I CHECK MY STATUS!?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
cali821 wrote:
California applicant - got invited to interview today!

No on campus spots available in the next 3 weeks so I'm interviewing in LA

did you see spots still available??

Though, I am international so I dont know the process for interviews in other countries. Can someone help me with this?
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
Peruvian2013 wrote:
cali821 wrote:
California applicant - got invited to interview today!

No on campus spots available in the next 3 weeks so I'm interviewing in LA

did you see spots still available??

Though, I am international so I dont know the process for interviews in other countries. Can someone help me with this?

You will more likely to have an off campus interview with an alumni nearby.
Haas School Moderator
Send PM
EChopeful12 wrote:
Oh god the website is down. HOW WILL I CHECK MY STATUS!?

It is working for me.
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Everyone waiting for their interview invites take a deep breath.
If BTG and GmatClub sample size is big enough to represent the entire applicant pool, then based on last 2 years data, Haas sends out interview invite to around 22% 25% of the total R2 applicants. <--- it was in an email received from Stephanie Fuji, so it is official.
So far it has been only around 5%. So they will still send out plenty of interview invites.
My chances are slim considering my profile (Indian / Male / Engineer / low GMAT / <avg GPA). So I am not holding my breath but many of you have a stellar profile. So keep your chin up and just wait.

Originally posted by MALD2011 on 23 Jan 2013, 10:08.
Last edited by MALD2011 on 23 Jan 2013, 15:06, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Interviewing soon (R2). Somewhat nervous, but hopeful. Certain that more invites will go out to R2 applicants in the coming weeks. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Thanks MALD! Maybe in my case... since it will be an off-campus interview with alumni, they havent coordinated with him, so they have my interview invitation holding? :shock: :shock: :wink: #dreaming... haha... oh well... lets continue with the waiting.........!! :| :|

MALD2011 wrote:
If BTG and GmatClub sample size is big enough to represent the entire applicant pool, then based on last 2 years data, Haas sends out interview invite to around 22% of the total R2 applicants.
So far it has been only around 5%. So they will still send out plenty of interview invites.
My chances are slim considering my profile (Indian / Male / Engineer / low GPA / <avg GPA). So I am not holding my breath but many of you have a stellar profile. So keep your chin up and just wait.
Haas School Moderator
Send PM
Peruvian2013 wrote:
Thanks MALD! Maybe in my case... since it will be an off-campus interview with alumni, they havent coordinated with him, so they have my interview invitation holding? :shock: :shock: :wink: #dreaming... haha... oh well... lets continue with the waiting.........!! :| :|

MALD2011 wrote:
If BTG and GmatClub sample size is big enough to represent the entire applicant pool, then based on last 2 years data, Haas sends out interview invite to around 22% of the total R2 applicants.
My chances are slim considering my profile (Indian / Male / Engineer / low GPA / <avg GPA). So I am not holding my breath but many of you have a stellar profile. So keep your chin up and just wait.

Peruvian,
I am assuming you are from Peru, judging from your screen-name.
If I don't get in to B-school this year, my plan is to move to Chile or Peru. Have stayed too long in one place (Wisconsin). :)
Haas School Moderator
Send PM
bschoolnow wrote:
Interviewing soon (R2). Somewhat nervous, but hopeful. Certain that more invites will go out to R2 applicants in the coming weeks. Good luck!

You will do fine. If you made it to interviews in one of the most selective schools in the world then you must have something awesome going on for you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
an e-mail from Berkeley MBA: Stephanie ... Round 2 update! Oh wait no! This is not the mail I was hoping for... torture... that is what it is ;)

I feel they are falling behind and feel the need to communicate about it. Update all of us and tell us to take a deep breath. So, fair enough, I will breather! And keep hoping since there are more invites coming out soon!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
Send PM
Kudos
cyril94115 wrote:
an e-mail from Berkeley MBA: Stephanie ... Round 2 update! Oh wait no! This is not the mail I was hoping for... torture... that is what it is ;)

I feel they are falling behind and feel the need to communicate about it. Update all of us and tell us to take a deep breath. So, fair enough, I will breather! And keep hoping since there are more invites coming out soon!

I was staring at my inbox when that came in and I almost threw up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Just received a interview invite! Here are my details below...

R2 Bay Area Applicant:
11/29/12: Application submitted
12/17/12: Received confirmation email (Delayed due to undergrad transcript uploaded during initial app -- Admissions requested an update)
01/23/13: Invited for an interview

Also, those of you who are worried about the status description: "You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision." I wouldn't worry since I have had this in my status since mid-December.

As Stephanie said in her email today, invites are definitely still going out...Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
sukol wrote:
Just received a interview invite! Here are my details below...

R2 Bay Area Applicant:
11/29/12: Application submitted
12/17/12: Received confirmation email (Delayed due to undergrad transcript uploaded during initial app -- Admissions requested an update)
01/23/13: Invited for an interview

Also, those of you who are worried about the status description: "You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision." I wouldn't worry since I have had this in my status since mid-December.

As Stephanie said in her email today, invites are definitely still going out...Good luck to all!

CONGRATS sukol!!! I so hope I was in your shoes too .... The wait is Agonizing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi all!

I'm sorry for this, but could anyone copy & paste the mail sent by Stephanie?

Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
rsanchezprandi wrote:
Hi all!
Thanks!

Stephanie Fujii
Executive Director of Admissions
Full-time Berkeley MBA Program
wrote:
Dear *******,
Greetings once again from Berkeley! It has been several weeks since you submitted your Haas application and I am sure you’re wondering what’s going on behind the scenes. At this point, I wanted to shed some light on the application process and address a few of the common questions we’ve received:
• I have not yet received an invitation to interview. What does that mean? It means that we are still reviewing applications. The Admissions Committee values the effort you put into this process and every application is reviewed by at least two readers. We have already sent out a number of interview invitations, but we will continue to invite candidates to interview over the next month up to the notification deadline.
• What happens if I don’t get an invitation to interview? You should not be discouraged if you do not receive an interview invitation by the notification date; we typically invite around 25% of our candidates to interview. Some applicants will be offered a place on the waitlist without having been interviewed. These waitlisted candidates are welcome to schedule an interview after the notification date.
• I have an important application update I’d like to share, is that possible? Since we are already well into reviewing applications we cannot guarantee that your new information will be considered. However, you are welcome to submit it to mbaadm@haas.berkeley.edu. Someone on our team will follow-up if necessary.
• I already had my interview. What happens now? As hard as it is to do, you wait. Your interviewer will submit their evaluation and the Admissions Committee will consider it in addition to the rest of your application. All admissions decisions will be released on the notification date.
• Can I expedite a decision before the notification deadline? Unfortunately, we cannot expedite an admissions decision under any circumstances.
• If I am admitted, what happens next? First, you celebrate! As you know this is a very competitive process so you are among a select group. You should be on the lookout for follow-up emails from Admissions, Financial Aid and current students with important dates, events, and ways to continue to connect with our community.
I hope this information has been helpful. I know this can be a stressful time and we appreciate your patience while we continue to review applications. If you have any other questions, you can always reach one of us at mbaadm@haas.berkeley.edu or 510.642.1405.
Best wishes,
Stephanie
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
rsanchezprandi wrote:
Hi all!
Thanks!

Stephanie Fujii
Executive Director of Admissions
Full-time Berkeley MBA Program
wrote:
Dear *******,
Greetings once again from Berkeley! It has been several weeks since you submitted your Haas application and I am sure you’re wondering what’s going on behind the scenes. At this point, I wanted to shed some light on the application process and address a few of the common questions we’ve received:
• I have not yet received an invitation to interview. What does that mean? It means that we are still reviewing applications. The Admissions Committee values the effort you put into this process and every application is reviewed by at least two readers. We have already sent out a number of interview invitations, but we will continue to invite candidates to interview over the next month up to the notification deadline.
• What happens if I don’t get an invitation to interview? You should not be discouraged if you do not receive an interview invitation by the notification date; we typically invite around 25% of our candidates to interview. Some applicants will be offered a place on the waitlist without having been interviewed. These waitlisted candidates are welcome to schedule an interview after the notification date.
• I have an important application update I’d like to share, is that possible? Since we are already well into reviewing applications we cannot guarantee that your new information will be considered. However, you are welcome to submit it to mbaadm@haas.berkeley.edu. Someone on our team will follow-up if necessary.
• I already had my interview. What happens now? As hard as it is to do, you wait. Your interviewer will submit their evaluation and the Admissions Committee will consider it in addition to the rest of your application. All admissions decisions will be released on the notification date.
• Can I expedite a decision before the notification deadline? Unfortunately, we cannot expedite an admissions decision under any circumstances.
• If I am admitted, what happens next? First, you celebrate! As you know this is a very competitive process so you are among a select group. You should be on the lookout for follow-up emails from Admissions, Financial Aid and current students with important dates, events, and ways to continue to connect with our community.
I hope this information has been helpful. I know this can be a stressful time and we appreciate your patience while we continue to review applications. If you have any other questions, you can always reach one of us at mbaadm@haas.berkeley.edu or 510.642.1405.
Best wishes,
Stephanie

Hmmmm...should those of us R2s who didn't receive this email from Stephanie be worried? :?
Current Student
Send PM
MBAGoTimeR2 wrote:
Hmmmm...should those of us R2s who didn't receive this email from Stephanie be worried? :?

Naaa...just a formal e-mail they send out to everyone. Probably yours got to to the spam folder or something. I wouldn't be worried.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts