Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:18 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I was wait listed as well. Since I didn't get invited to interview I was bracing for a ding, so it's actually a good surprise. Does anyone know what percent they admit from the wl? Any thoughts on how to handle it?

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by rjkaufman21 on 23 Jan 2013, 07:18.
Last edited by rjkaufman21 on 23 Jan 2013, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
For anyone in the area or who interviewed on campus, any suggestions on inexpensive hotels in the area? The Anderson site provides some options, but I haven't looked at specific prices for all yet. The couple I did look at aren't super cheap, but I guess that may be across the board since it is LA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To all of those who got wait listed...lose all hope and immediately send in your request to be removed from the wait list (therefore increasing my own chances :-) but seriously it seems like there are quite a few waitlists just in this thread so I imagine this is going to be a very long drawn out process with Little to no information for the next few months.

I would begin thinking about what positives have happened since you clicked submit. Personally not much has changed for me other than getting some grades back from community college courses in the finance and marketing areas. Don't think that will be enough for ucla to say, shoot we made a mistake go ahead and accept him already but at least it is a reason for me to write a letter and also communicate that ucla is my top choice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
Ding. This is unbelievable.

I was rooting for you. Sorry for that.

But, Darden is a great admit in my opinion and there are still a few left. Any which ways, you have a very safe net.

Thanks man.

Yes, Darden would have taken preference wrt my post MBA goals too. Nonetheless, every reject hurts.

You're not shooting for class of 15, I guess, are you ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
If you would have rather gone to Darden, it's for the best. Your ding will be an admit for someone who truly wants to attend Anderson.

Congrats to those who got accepted in R1. Looking forward to seeing some of you in sunny LA, where the high is 79 degrees today. As for myself, I'm planning on surfing, hiking, and biking as much as I can before school starts!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Dinged as well. Anderson got a lot more selective this year it looks like. Anyone here applyed to MBA@UNC? My next hope for attending a top 20 program...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: NYU (Stern) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
deleted

Originally posted by freetz on 23 Jan 2013, 12:27.
Last edited by freetz on 24 Oct 2014, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
I got admitted in the R1 early batch last month but did not receive any fellowship then. I just got email that I got some $$ merit based fellowship just now. I'm already leaning toward UCLA and this $$ pulls me even more towards them.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Oh my gosh I just got an invite to interview!! I applied round 1 and this whole time I've been thinking I was rejected since I never got an interview and then this morning I got waitlisted, and now I just got invited to interview a few minutes ago! Wow this is a great surprise. I'm stunned

Originally posted by rjkaufman21 on 23 Jan 2013, 13:03.
Last edited by rjkaufman21 on 23 Jan 2013, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Kudos
ctgmat123 wrote:
For anyone in the area or who interviewed on campus, any suggestions on inexpensive hotels in the area? The Anderson site provides some options, but I haven't looked at specific prices for all yet. The couple I did look at aren't super cheap, but I guess that may be across the board since it is LA.

It isn't just Los Angeles, UCLA is basically in Beverly Hills...actually Bel Air so it is in the most exclusive area in LA. If you want to stay close I would look for more of an "eclectic" Hollywood area hotel. There are usually pretty neat hotels that aren't as frilly as the major hotels, and thus reasonably priced, in and around Hollywood. If you don't mind a little drive then I would definitely stay out by the airport...nice hotels and good deals (20 mins to campus with decent traffic). However, I love the area, and you need to really get a feel for it if you are thinking of going so I would definitely recommend staying somewhere closer to Santa Monica and experiencing a bit of the good life that LA has to offer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
codytravers wrote:
If you would have rather gone to Darden, it's for the best. Your ding will be an admit for someone who truly wants to attend Anderson.

Congrats to those who got accepted in R1. Looking forward to seeing some of you in sunny LA, where the high is 79 degrees today. As for myself, I'm planning on surfing, hiking, and biking as much as I can before school starts!

If I end up heading to Anderson I will be looking for some surf lessons so be ready.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
thebdouglas wrote:
ctgmat123 wrote:

It isn't just Los Angeles, UCLA is basically in Beverly Hills...actually Bel Air so it is in the most exclusive area in LA. If you want to stay close I would look for more of an "eclectic" Hollywood area hotel. There are usually pretty neat hotels that aren't as frilly as the major hotels, and thus reasonably priced, in and around Hollywood. If you don't mind a little drive then I would definitely stay out by the airport...nice hotels and good deals (20 mins to campus with decent traffic). However, I love the area, and you need to really get a feel for it if you are thinking of going so I would definitely recommend staying somewhere closer to Santa Monica and experiencing a bit of the good life that LA has to offer.

Definitely good advice regarding experiencing the area, and in the grand scheme of things the different in $1-200 for a hotel is pretty miniscule. Going to stay within the area and spend an extra night or two (have friends in the area and a friend of a friend at Anderson now) checking out the scene.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
LN03FZL wrote:
Just one admit. This is weird.

Still only 1 or 2 admits... what could be happening?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
UCLA is just getting more applications this year probably. They are trying to decrease class size while the applicant pool is growing. There were predictions that UCLA's admit rate will drop to 20 percent or below this year.
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
I think no international applicant has reported the interview invite for R2 so far. May be Adcoms are still busy finalizing the domestic ones.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
Oh my gosh I just got an invite to interview!! I applied round 1 and this whole time I've been thinking I was rejected since I never got an interview and then this morning I got waitlisted, and now I just got invited to interview a few minutes ago! Wow this is a great surprise. I'm stunned

Same here....I'm an international. Hope it's not a system bug....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
leodondon wrote:
rjdunn03 wrote:

Same here....I'm an international. Hope it's not a system bug....

Same situation here. Waitlisted early this morning (12:01 AM PST) then received an interview invite in the late morning (11:18AM PST). Does this make us 1.5 rounders??

Time to start researching Anderson interview questions...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts