Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
alcalde wrote:
Unfair! I applied rd 1 cgsm and rd 2 people get invites first? Cray Cray!

For real...I busted my a** to get everything done in the first round...only to be kept waiting -_____-
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
perfectblack999 wrote:
alcalde wrote:

For real...I busted my a** to get everything done in the first round...only to be kept waiting -_____-

I am 100% with you on this ... despite having heard back from all my schools...I believe all consortium applicants should have just one round. In my opinion , most schools want to weigh the overall applicant-pool before making decision and so just having all submit at the same time might be a better option.

On the bright side though, a delayed invite is often better than a quick ding
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
perfectblack999 wrote:
alcalde wrote:

I hope your frustration wasn't spurred by my post... I didn't state which round... I did apply cgsm 1 though. But yeah it seems as though quite a few schools don't do anything with Round 1 applications til they receive all Round 2 applications as well which is a real bummer... for instance I know this to be the case with Michigan and UT. I still haven't heard a peep from Anderson. I also applied to Yale, but no interview invitation yet although I know some invitations have been sent. I'll interview at Haas during Super Saturday next weekend... Haas actually does process cgsm round 1 applications and starts sending invites before the round 2 deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
perfectblack999 wrote:
alcalde wrote:

Its different for every school. If youre applying to only schools that bundle everything into the second round (like Ross) then you might as well wait for the second deadline before submitting. On the other hand if you are applying to schools that dont bundle, which is most member schools, then you do get responses back earlier.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Eamers wrote:
perfectblack999 wrote:
alcalde wrote:

I hope your frustration wasn't spurred by my post... I didn't state which round... I did apply cgsm 1 though. But yeah it seems as though quite a few schools don't do anything with Round 1 applications til they receive all Round 2 applications as well which is a real bummer... for instance I know this to be the case with Michigan and UT. I still haven't heard a peep from Anderson. I also applied to Yale, but no interview invitation yet although I know some invitations have been sent. I'll interview at Haas during Super Saturday next weekend... Haas actually does process cgsm round 1 applications and starts sending invites before the round 2 deadline.

No, you didn't start this frustration.... the reverse reverse prejudice did.. haha j/k. It will be worth it once I get the fellowship but they do make us sweat. I think all schools should just get on same page. But you're right, some schools want to see what the 2nd round is going to look like. Especially, if that school is not your #1 and/or you don't have a 720+ gmat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
So who is going to the consortium interview day? I'm very excited about Michigan! It's my #1 choice!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hi Everyone, hope you're all doing well! Funny enough, I've been following this thread for months just to try get as much info as I can for the application process. Now that we're playing the painful waiting game, it just occurred to me that instead of just reading everyone else's posts, maybe I should sign up and join the conversation.

So brief background, I graduated from undergrad in 2010 with a 3.2 GPA. I worked full time as a waiter through the last three years of college after performing quite poorly in my first year and losing scholarships (live and learn I suppose?). I actually chose to stay in school an extra year and did a Masters in Accounting. Graduated in the top 10% of my class there with a 3.9 GPA, so hopefully that may slightly offset my undergrad GPA. I got a 720 on the GMAT (Q 47, V 42). My biggest concern is that I will only have 2 years of full time WE, which is obviously well below average. Anyone else here in a similar boat in that regard? I applied to three schools through the CGSM: 1) Haas, 2) Anderson, 3)Marshall. Going to Haas would be a dream, but maybe it's reaching a bit? I'm honestly not sure about Anderson or Marshall either. They're both much more realistic than Haas, and I think I have at-least a shot, but I keep worrying about the WE.

I submitted my application for R2 on January 5th, and it was released to the schools on January 16th. I received confirmation from Haas earlier this week, but haven't heard anything from Anderson or Marshall. I've spent a bit of time looking through the posts from the forum last year. Last year, Anderson never sent out confirmation emails prior to interview invitations. I'm not sure if that will change this year, but based on this, I'm not too concerned about the lack of follow up from Anderson. I'm not sure about Marshall though, I did not find anything definitive. But it's also 2AM and I'm tired, so I will look more closely later. It seems like the interview timeline for these three schools for R2 applicants will end up being towards the end of February. Does this seem about right to anyone else who has done any diligence on those three? Anyway, I'm nervously excited about this entire process, but am hoping for the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey guys..just found this thread...I applied round 2 to Darden, Yale and Ross. Havent heard anything from Darden but got interviews from the other two. Anyone else doing Ross and are you going to the consortium interview day or just doing a regular interview? Anyone heard from Darden? Just curious about the timing of the different schools
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
bibby44 wrote:
Hey guys..just found this thread...I applied round 2 to Darden, Yale and Ross. Havent heard anything from Darden but got interviews from the other two. Anyone else doing Ross and are you going to the consortium interview day or just doing a regular interview? Anyone heard from Darden? Just curious about the timing of the different schools

Same experience here with Darden -- I applied to 4 consortium schools, and they are the only one I haven't heard from ... I haven't even gotten confirmation that they received my application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
I havent heard from Darden either. I wouldn't worry too much. Although based on last year's thread this yar is moving slower.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bibby44 wrote:

Hey @bibby44, when did you get an interview invite from Yale? Anyone else heard from Yale?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey..I heard from both Yale and Ross late last week, Thursday I think
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kelley Applicants, did any of you get an id and password from the colleges to log into their application websites. I got it for Tepper, stern, johnson and kenan but nothing from Kelley.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
First time poster here.

Does anyone know if applying to the consortium affects your ability to receive merit scholarships from the individual schools? Considering that merit decisions are released before the consortium decision, is it possible to receive both? Specifically I'm interested in Kenan Flagler.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I just got confirmation from Ross. Finally!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
soniaj wrote:
So I have yet to receive an email from the Consortium, stating that my application has been forwarded to the schools I applied to (they are waiting to receive my official test scores)... but I received an interview invite from Kelley last weekend. Does anyone have any idea how this process works? How does Kelley know that I applied, if the Consortium has not forwarded my application?

hey Soniaj, i am also applying to Kelley. Did you get any email from Kelley saying they got your applicatoin? I also got an interview invite but I did not get any email saying they received my application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
It doesn't sound like anyone has gotten an interview with Texas yet, which is weird since the Texas forum is saying that R2 invites are over and that R3 invites have been going out. Does anyone have any insight on this? I have gotten confirmation that they have my app, but haven't heard anything more...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts