Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.9
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.9
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
okaymauimike wrote:
Just got in off the waitlist.

Got a call this morning, I'm in. Doing the Pre-MBA World Tour for 2 months for sure, who's down?

Congrats!! What was your timeline: applied, interview, waitlisted, etc?
I am also on the waitlist, timeline-
Applied: Aug. 9, 2012
Invited to interview: Sept. 17, 2012
Interview feedback: Sept. 26, 2012
Waitlisted: Oct. 9, 2012
Admissions sent us a mail stating that they will respect the Feb. 1 deadline to notify the early decision waitlisted applicants
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Question for the group:
I sent an email to one of the 3 folks on the interviewer list. He hasn't responded yet (only 2 business days...plus a weekend). His email was not common (it was for a company he started on the side), but on his CV I found by googling him, I found a more common email related to his full time job. Should I forward it to this email, or is that inappropriate? I want to have a great interview, and our backgrounds/interests are very aligned, whereas the other two interviewers work in very different areas than myself.

Thanks for any advice on this!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
MBAGoTimeR2 wrote:
Question for the group:
I sent an email to one of the 3 folks on the interviewer list. He hasn't responded yet (only 2 business days...plus a weekend). His email was not common (it was for a company he started on the side), but on his CV I found by googling him, I found a more common email related to his full time job. Should I forward it to this email, or is that inappropriate? I want to have a great interview, and our backgrounds/interests are very aligned, whereas the other two interviewers work in very different areas than myself.

I wouldnt contact the interviewer through a different email that is registered at CBS.
I had trouble finding interviewers too. Most of them with old emails and no response.
Wait a few days if he doesnt respond try another interviewer. Best of luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
MBAGoTimeR2 wrote:
Question for the group:

Hmm, my personal opinion would be to not email that other address. I would think he would know that he receives requests at the email address you were provided so it would stand out if he received it at this other email. Maybe it wouldn't bother him, but he might find it odd/off-putting that you stalked him to get it. I feel like your downside is larger than your upside in that situation.

It's interesting because you want to meet w someone who has similar interests while in discussion a few pages ago people said it might be better to go with someone who has a different background as they would be more likely to view you as a helpful peer vs competition. Don't know which is better, seems like a lot is being read into interviewers, I agree you could get someone who is great or sucks, but my feeling is that has much more to do with their personality.

Anyways, just my thoughts, could be wrong. Good luck with the interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
MBAGoTimeR2 wrote:
Question for the group:

My own feeling is that if I were that interviewer and I got an email to an address other than the one that I originally submitted, it would be just a bit creepy/stalkery. I know people (myself included) try to do research on their interviewers, but to have it that clear and in your face might raise red flags and send a message you don't want to be sent. On the other hand, he could have all of his emails forwarded to one email address, so he may not even realize it. But I'd lean toward not using that email

A bit about my interview experience. My interviewer and I didn't really share much in common in terms of industry and interests, but I actually felt that it made for more natural conversation because she was very intrigued about what my work is and what I like to do. The fact that we didn't have much in common actually served as one icebreaker after another for us.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General , Finance
 Q49  V32 GMAT 2: 700  Q49  V35
GPA: 4
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Private Equity
Send PM
Anyone who submitted on the merit deadline hear anything yet ?
Also, two observations from last years thread - Firstly, by Jan 20s there had been 140 pages of discussion , could it mean that the app volume has further tanked (just putting it out there , I realize gmatclub's thread-length may not be an accurate indication of app volume) and secondly apps went under review before interview invites. Has that happened to anyone this yr ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
aliababua wrote:
okaymauimike wrote:
Just got in off the waitlist.

Got a call this morning, I'm in. Doing the Pre-MBA World Tour for 2 months for sure, who's down?

Congrats!! What was your timeline: applied, interview, waitlisted, etc?
I am also on the waitlist, timeline-
Applied: Aug. 9, 2012
Invited to interview: Sept. 17, 2012
Interview feedback: Sept. 26, 2012
Waitlisted: Oct. 9, 2012
Admissions sent us a mail stating that they will respect the Feb. 1 deadline to notify the early decision waitlisted applicants

App: 9/15
Invite to interview: 10/10
Interview: 10/23
Waitlist: 11/5
Accept: 1/28
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
I'm interviewing on Wednesday, any tips? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
StickerShock wrote:
Also, two observations from last years thread - Firstly, by Jan 20s there had been 140 pages of discussion , could it mean that the app volume has further tanked (just putting it out there , I realize gmatclub's thread-length may not be an accurate indication of app volume) and secondly apps went under review before interview invites. Has that happened to anyone this yr ?

Got everything in right around the Merit Deadline and still waiting to hear. Submitted and paid fee on 1/3 and my last Rec was turned in on 1/9 a few hours before the deadline. Not sure which of these dates I should be measuring from...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I would measure from 1/9 because they say they won't consider your application until it goes complete which includes recommendations.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General , Finance
 Q49  V32 GMAT 2: 700  Q49  V35
GPA: 4
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Private Equity
Send PM
SAYNYC wrote:
StickerShock wrote:

Got everything in right around the Merit Deadline and still waiting to hear. Submitted and paid fee on 1/3 and my last Rec was turned in on 1/9 a few hours before the deadline. Not sure which of these dates I should be measuring from...

Same with my recommender. She did not really get the rolling admissions part. Submitted 15 mins before deadline
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
helpmehelpme wrote:
oof and now columbia sending out a dummy email to those who werent admitted yesterday asking you to schedule your interview lol ;( TWIST THE KNIFE

did everyone receive such an email or just a group of people?

submitted on 12/26, still nothing til now
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Submitted 1/9 ... Still nothing..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
SAYNYC wrote:
StickerShock wrote:

Just got an invite! If measuring from 1/9 that would seem pretty fast. Maybe the app is put in line when submitted and only delayed if items are still missing when its turn comes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE:Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
SAYNYC wrote:

Just got an invite! If measuring from 1/9 that would seem pretty fast. Maybe the app is put in line when submitted and only delayed if items are still missing when its turn comes.

Yep, me too. Submitted January 2nd to meet the Merit deadline, just heard this morning. Super-excited!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Submitted 1/3
Recs submitted 1/9 and 1/12
Invited to Interview 1/29

Not sure if that means I made the merit fellowship consideration or not, but fingers crossed. I am visiting campus on 2/11 and hope to set my interview shortly after that. We'll see.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
So it seems like people who submitted around merit deadline are starting to hear..fingers crossed for all of us!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts