Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:33 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.47
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 472 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Date: 12-17-2012
GPA: 3.4
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink]
HPmba2015 wrote:
I received an interview invite two days ago and have booked travel for a couple weeks from now.

Posted from my mobile device

same here...wrote back to inform that I am already done with the interview...yet to receive a response
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Jones '15 (M)
Send PM
Victorinox wrote:
HPmba2015 wrote:
I received an interview invite two days ago and have booked travel for a couple weeks from now.

same here...wrote back to inform that I am already done with the interview...yet to receive a response

Victorinox, I see you were accepted to Owen as well. Just curious, if you get an admit from Jones which school would you choose? If you don't mind me asking...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
destroyerofgmat wrote:
Victorinox wrote:
HPmba2015 wrote:

Victorinox, I see you were accepted to Owen as well. Just curious, if you get an admit from Jones which school would you choose? If you don't mind me asking...

it all depends on the scholarship offered....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
I got an invite for interview. Super excited and nervous all at once. Everyone on here that already interviewed seems to say it is pretty laid back with an effaces on 'fit'. Does anyone have any other tips that might be useful for someone who has yet to interview with any school? Also, a second year student will be conducting the interview. What info do they have prior? Essays/test score/resume? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Jones '15 (I)
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
swgator13 wrote:
I got an invite for interview. Super excited and nervous all at once. Everyone on here that already interviewed seems to say it is pretty laid back with an effaces on 'fit'. Does anyone have any other tips that might be useful for someone who has yet to interview with any school? Also, a second year student will be conducting the interview. What info do they have prior? Essays/test score/resume? Thanks.

I submitted for round 2 and received an invitation to interview on 1/4/13. I ended up interviewing less than a week later on 1/10/13, and the interview was blind with a 2nd year MBA student. My interviewer was also the president of the Rice University student body, which was pretty cool. The interviewer only has a copy of your resume, and if anything, they just take a cursory look at it and expect you to fill in the gaps. Hope that helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tpatel5801 wrote:
swgator13 wrote:

I submitted for round 2 and received an invitation to interview on 1/4/13. I ended up interviewing less than a week later on 1/10/13, and the interview was blind with a 2nd year MBA student. My interviewer was also the president of the Rice University student body, which was pretty cool. The interviewer only has a copy of your resume, and if anything, they just take a cursory look at it and expect you to fill in the gaps. Hope that helps.

I second tpatel5801, I was interviewed by the Associate Director of Admissions and from the resume she was trying to gauge the fit, but be clear on your future goals and how Rice would help you in achieving it. Moreover they will talk a little about Houston weather and how hot it is...and ask you if you like snow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Thanks all. I appreciate it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had a question regarding decision notification for round 2. I know the notification is around 3/1, however i was wondering if the adcom accepts people well before this notification date? I have a friend who says his brother applied six weeks ago (i.e. round 2) and that he was accepted this past Friday into the Rice MBA program. Either a) he's lying (which i doubt because it was posted all over Facebook) or b) his brother is exceptional. I was hoping someone could provide perspective on this situation because it has me nervous that i did not hear anything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
tpatel5801 wrote:
I had a question regarding decision notification for round 2. I know the notification is around 3/1, however i was wondering if the adcom accepts people well before this notification date? I have a friend who says his brother applied six weeks ago (i.e. round 2) and that he was accepted this past Friday into the Rice MBA program. Either a) he's lying (which i doubt because it was posted all over Facebook) or b) his brother is exceptional. I was hoping someone could provide perspective on this situation because it has me nervous that i did not hear anything.

@Tpatel5801: you may be talking about me. not sure if youre referring to my younger brother, Sagar, who posted all over Facebook (so much for being lowkey haha) about my admission acceptance. I completed my application 12/5/12 and recieved a phone call last Friday, 1/25 w good news :-D . They using rolling admissions, so if you dont hear anything after six weeks of your completed application date, then defintely email Rice and enquire. Hope that helps and good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vnshah wrote:
tpatel5801 wrote:

@Tpatel5801: you may be talking about me. not sure if youre referring to my younger brother, Sagar, who posted all over Facebook (so much for being lowkey haha) about my admission acceptance. I completed my application 12/5/12 and recieved a phone call last Friday, 1/25 w good news :-D . They using rolling admissions, so if you dont hear anything after six weeks of your completed application date, then defintely email Rice and enquire. Hope that helps and good luck!!

Haha yes thank you for the response. I went to high school with Sagar, but I just got really nervous when I saw that. I had one other question: you mentioned you completed your app on 12/5. Was that the day you submitted your app or the day Rice changed your app status to completed (because I understand there is a delay from submitted to completed statuses)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
12/5 was the day I submitted by application as well as when it was marked completed, and I interviewed 12/17. From the back and forth I've had w Sue (Admissions Director), there are a lot of applications that came in for round 2, so its taking a little longer. I wouldnt stress out too much right now, esp if you submitted this month. You can always email Sue if you want to check on the status of your application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vnshah wrote:
12/5 was the day I submitted by application as well as when it was marked completed, and I interviewed 12/17. From the back and forth I've had w Sue (Admissions Director), there are a lot of applications that came in for round 2, so its taking a little longer. I wouldnt stress out too much right now, esp if you submitted this month. You can always email Sue if you want to check on the status of your application.

Thanks for the information. You have been very helpful. I submitted on 12/3, but for whatever reason, it was not marked complete until 12/20. I then interviewed on 1/10 and have been anxiously waiting since then. I will definitely take your advice and email Sue. Thanks again!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
im assuming there probably was a gap in time for you bc they were still waiting on official documents (gmat, college records, etc) to come in. I had all that stuff sent in like a month before i submitted my application so there was a quicker turnaround on my app status than most. but yes, definitely email Sue, she responds quickly and is very helpful! good luck and keep us posted!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vnshah wrote:
im assuming there probably was a gap in time for you bc they were still waiting on official documents (gmat, college records, etc) to come in. I had all that stuff sent in like a month before i submitted my application so there was a quicker turnaround on my app status than most. but yes, definitely email Sue, she responds quickly and is very helpful! good luck and keep us posted!

Yes you are absolutely correct. Also, i guess the holidays and the end of the semester did not help with processing my supplementary documents any faster. Thanks again for all your help, and i will definitely keep everyone posted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
tpatel5801 wrote:

I interviewed today, and I was told that I would know in 2-4 weeks from today.

Thanks,
Theron
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
Hey guys!

Its been a while since I've posted in this thread, but I'll offer my insight. I was accepted with $ round 1.

--They may not consider your application reviewable until your official documents (GMAT, College Transcripts, and Defintely Letters of Rec) are in. So I wouldn't take the GMAT a week before a deadline nor would I order my transcript a day before the deadline. I MAY be wrong on this.

--All of my official paperwork was received by AdCom a few days before the Round 1 deadline. I got an interview invite on the day after the deadline I believe.

--My interview was very pleasant. They are supposed to be with 2nd year students. Mine had some sort of miscommunication before it started and one of the directors interviewed me. We had a great conversation; she led it, with topics mostly jumping from stories and concepts about Rice to asking about me.

--The notification date was on a Friday. I was called on Wedensday evening. Shortly after, my decision appeared online, with a statement of my $$ offer included on my admissions letter.

I'm a Rice student now. The admission altered my status from MS to MS/MBA. So, next fall, when you meet an MS/MBA student, that is probably me, as there aren't very many MS/MBAs!

As a Rice student who has taken some MBA classes here and has gone through the admissions process, I would be glad to answer any questions that anyone has about Rice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Rice University (Jones) - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
rrossjd wrote:
Like Vandy, Emory Law saw beyond my 59th percentile LSAT score. Now a Texas attorney with a 96th percentile GMAT result, I am what so many schools want but was too stupid to see it until now. For anybody not getting into Jones, I’ll gladly be the help never present in my past. Just send me a private message.

Ha. This reminds me of a friend--- applied for PhD and rejected from Rice, UT, and Baylor. Two years later, has interviews for PhD with Columbia, Stanford, Duke, and Northwestern and was waitlisted at Rice. Goes to show the admissions process can be fairly arbitrary and you really shouldn't take it too personally.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts