Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.99
WE:Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Rotman (University of Toronto) 2013-Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Hi all!

I got admitted from Rotman for MBA class starting fall 2013.
If need any advice, feel free.

Is there anyone at forum from Russia, Belarus, Ukraine or Kazakhstan going to become a Rotman student 2013?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.99
WE:Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
mlsaha wrote:
am applying to Rotman in R 2. Can any body share their experience with video essays. What and how can I prepare for the essay ?

Hi!

Do not worry regarding video essay. It's just short conversation (two questions only) with a pre-recorded person. You will have 1-2 minutes to answer each question which is quite simple and aimed to get to know you better (like your hobbies or similar topics).

Just try to practice several times your speech (there is a practice option in video essay before you start the real one).

Good luck to all applicants!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 2.94
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Have you guys looked at the latest employment stats?

https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... stics.aspx

Kind of odd that did not include a total %age found job within 3 months and all that...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Weird. Rotmana new building is awesome. Not sure bout the pink. Lol. But still awesome.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Just got done with my interview in Delhi, India. The usual questions - why MBA, Why Rotman, why you, why not you? etc. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Thanks for feedback AlexRus!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
powerpuff wrote:
Just got done with my interview in Delhi, India. The usual questions - why MBA, Why Rotman, why you, why not you? etc. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Thanks for feedback AlexRus!

Congrats on the interview. So Sheldon & co are still in India? I thought they'd be back in Canada by now
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks echelon! Yup they are still here, and will be for another week I think, they are doing quite a few marketing events apart from the interviews. I think I saw Feb 16 as the date for one of em.
Good luck with you applications!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
4 weeks since my interview!

I've got some really good offers in from other unis, do you guys think I should bother Sheldon and ask him for a decision or should I just accept one of the other offers?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
echelon99 wrote:

I've got some really good offers in from other unis, do you guys think I should bother Sheldon and ask him for a decision or should I just accept one of the other offers?

Absolutely. Let them know right away you need an answer.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
echelon99 wrote:

Depends on where Rotman stands in your list, compared to the other univs. Let them know, and maybe they could answer on scholarship etc (in case thats your deciding factor). Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Ducksworth wrote:
echelon99 wrote:

Absolutely. Let them know right away you need an answer.

Yes, send him a polite email stating that you received acceptance at XXX MBA program and I need to reply by next week and you were wondering if your app can be fast tracked if possible....

Or go into UofT and tell that tell that lanky man that you got in and I need an choice NOWWWW or else.....!!!!!!!!!! ASSSAPPPPP WOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I did the email option and they fast tracked my app and found out within a few days....Hope it helps

ASAP Biaatcch
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
anshulk87 wrote:
Hey guys.. I have just received an offer for admission from Rotman yesterday - without scholarship.. I have also received admission at Queen's with 10k scholarship.. I did my engineering from McMaster Univ and after working in toronto for a couple of years, I returned to India to work in the family business..

On comparing both universities, there is a difference of more than 20k in tuition fees. As far as I understand, Queen's is a fairly well known school but Rotman is doing better in recent rankings. In the long run I am not sure exactly what I will be doing.. But any suggestions on what may be a better choice?

My first reaction is: how much does $20k mean to you?

I would say choose the school that has the employers you're most interested in recruiting there. Can`t go wrong that way!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I had my interview on 15th and attended the mumbai event on 16th Feb. The interview more kind of an informal talk with usual questions regarding CV, why Rotman, why MBA etc.
There were about 10 people whom they did interview in three days when the adcom team was there in Mumbai.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Turns out my thank you email after the interview is sitting in my drafts. Never went! Do you think its irreparable damage?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
powerpuff wrote:
Turns out my thank you email after the interview is sitting in my drafts. Never went! Do you think its irreparable damage?

Not at all, there's no time limit on the thank you mail. Just send it now (no need to mention the draft folder at all).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
echelon99 wrote:
powerpuff wrote:

Not at all, there's no time limit on the thank you mail. Just send it now (no need to mention the draft folder at all).

Done! Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Just got a call from Niki (Director of Admissions) telling me I've been accepted to Rotman for 2013!

Just in case anyone wanted to know the timeline:

-Did my GMAT on Feb 12, 2013
-Feb 19th - Went to meet Lynda at Admissions for a pre-application review. We went over some of my info at that time, and I gave her my Unofficial Score Report at that time.
-Feb 21st - I called in to Lynda because there was some mix up about my application. We sorted it out and she asked me to come interview on the 26th.
-Feb 26th - The interview was very pleasant and she mostly asked questions I was expecting. Thanks to all who posted about their interview experiences! It really helped.
-March 2nd - Official Score Report was made available to me.
-March 4th - Notification from Rotman that my application was now considered complete (must have received the Official Score Report).
-March 5th - Called by Niki to inform me of my acceptance.

I'm very pleased with the acceptance and will be attending Rotman in the Fall. Looking forward to meeting with all of you there!

My profile - Male, 23 years old (24 in April), 3.3 GPA, 720 GMAT (49Q, 40V, 6 AWA, 6 IR), will have 2 years work experience by the time I start at Rotman. I currently work in Industrial/Commercial Real Estate Management.

PM me if you have any questions. I don't know how much I can help anyone, but I will definitely try.

Thanks again for everyone's contributions to this forum. I can honestly say it does actually help potential students. :D
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts