Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [2]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.47
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [2]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
In late but... Invite!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Yale SOM, HBS, MIT Sloan
 Q49  V34
GPA: 2.47
Send PM
bluegmat700 wrote:

Would you be kind enough to share with us the email timestamp, just to give us some peace of mind !!

Originally posted by zorakenith on 30 Jan 2013, 10:43.
Last edited by zorakenith on 30 Jan 2013, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Congrats everyone! No invite here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Schools: IESE '15 (M$)
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
lennoxRU wrote:
I will forgive hbs if I get an invite from Stanford:)
I'm with you on that one

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
I think the dings are going to take a toll on my self confidence
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Invited for interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
zorakenith wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

Would you be kind enough to share with us the email timestamp, just to give us some peace of mind !!

12:01
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [12]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Kudos
no invite but on the plus side I checked my spam folder for the first time ever and found a whole bunch of females who think I'm sexy and want to hook up tonight. :-)

ohh well, Tuck interview tomorrow so I've gotta focus and not let myself get too down (having Harvard interview invite going into my Tuck inverview would have been such a confidence booster).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [2]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.47
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Jinglander wrote:
Anyone WL from rd 1 get a invite today?

yeah I was waitlisted round 1 and got an invite today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.5
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
zorakenith wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:

also 12:01
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [8]
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to all those invited for R2! I'll go out on a limb and on behalf of the R1 Admits, I am excited for you. I really enjoyed the interviewing process (met many people interview day that I am now friends with/reunited with at ASW).

Just some thoughts on interviewing--

1) Be online tomorrow right when interview scheduling opens, and be prepared. Know your schedule and which days of the week are ideal. I found the early AM slots did not go as quick, so it might be less stressful to aim for those rather than refresh and have a panic when you can't get your preferred time.

2) Think hard about trying to come to campus. I am local to Boston so on-campus was the default for me, but if it is within your means to come to campus to interview, it is worth it. I spent 2 days (day before interview, day of) wandering around, doing a class visit (HIGHLY recommended, see below), talking with other interviewees (many of whom I am now friends with), etc. HBS offers a lot of programming on campus around the interviews and I think that was very valuable. Set my mind at ease too. That said, I've met people who interviewed out of the country or ex-Boston and found that to be a positive, professional, and consistent experience to on-campus.

3) Do a class visit if you interview on campus. Seeing the case method live in action was the highlight of my interview experience. It gave me a much clearer sense of how I might fit in to the HBS community. Also found it somewhat relaxing - guests aren't in the hot seat. :) If you can, schedule a class visit before your interview.

4) Throw all of your thoughts away about your GMAT, stats, etc. If you got an invite to interview, they aren't relevant anymore. Focus on your story, why HBS, and get in the mindset to say "I can see myself here."

5) Don't try to prepare. Really, Dee wrote to us that you can't prep for the interview. You really can't. I got asked questions about two obscure interests on the most blighted part of my app (the last line of my resume). Other people I know got grilled on their job. Some people got management consultant type questions. It's a complete roulette, specific to you.

6) Make as many meaningful acquaintances as you can at interviews, wherever they are. I am still talking to the people who sat next to me waiting to be interviewed - plus the reunion was that much sweeter at ASW seeing friends make it through the needle's eye. Get in the mindset that these are your future classmates - not your interview competition.

7) Try not to worry about the 30 minute time limit. I'm sure you all know that interviews are a blisteringly short 30 minutes. I was fortunate in that mine wrapped up organically in that time. But it's the interviewer's job to keep it to 30 minutes, not yours. Offer answers that are honest, direct, but evident of your personality, and the interviewers will dial things up or down as they would like.

8) Think of your second "silent" interviewer as a potential third party to the conversation. Perhaps my experience was unique, but I got some dialogue going with my first and second interviewers (who is supposed to be a seen-not-heard observer for the most part.) At the beginning of my interview, this had a huge impact in putting me at ease and making my time feel conversational. Not sure you can manufacture this, but if your second interviewer engages you, engage them as best you can.

9) Don't focus on the reflection essay until after you finish. After grabbing my interviewer's cards (write a handwritten thank-you!!!), I went and wrote down all the questions I was asked right away. But not a second before.

10) Don't be afraid to write your real feelings on your post-interview reflection. Don't fret about the length - I've heard varied responses on how much people wrote. My response was about a page and a half. I wrote mine like a letter, addressing things I enjoyed about the interview, honed in on the most interesting part of the interview, and added one topic I wish we had covered. Let your personality show. Use your natural voice and try not to be too stiff. And, from a few admits I've met, it's okay to voice some disappointment or things you wish had gone differently. I don't think there are any "catches" in the process.

11) The interview process is the most personal, private part. I was more private with my application process than some - I didn't solicit any outside opinions during the written app. But thinking about interviewing, I really focused on looking inward on myself, where I've come, and where I'm going. I'm sure there are many paths to success, but I think in my case the interview and post-reflection process were done in isolation without outside influence.

If anyone has any other thoughts or questions, would be happy to be a resource. And congrats again! :)

Originally posted by snowedinboston on 30 Jan 2013, 11:05.
Last edited by snowedinboston on 30 Jan 2013, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
My email came at 901am PST. I also checked my account and there are no changes when logged in or logged out. It says the same info as it did before the invite came out.

Best of luck to everyone who got invites today and those now waiting for next week. The admissions blog said that everybody who doesn't get an invite next week will be "notified of their release." Don't give up until then!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Looks like I didn't get the invite either. I gather from the last few pages that the interview invites essentially went out over a couple hour timeframe. Are they not continuing to send out interview invites all day?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q46 V49
Send PM
Hey everyone, quick question: I applied for the 2+2 programme, so when my application went in, i was in uni and still unemployed. I recently received a job offer from a reputable firm though, so I was wondering if this is something the admissions committee would want to know or do they not accept any additional information after the deadline regardless of what that information might be?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: HBS '15 (S)
Send PM
Hi again,

Sorry to insist, but I have a real issue here; I had a server crash at the time the invitation has been sent out.
The admission office refuses to provide me with my admission status, so no solution on that side either.

Is there any other information, somewhere, that indicates that you have been invited to an interview? Such as in the application file for example?

If someone has some info on this, that would be VERY nice of him/her!!

Many thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ldryan wrote:
Looks like I didn't get the invite either. I gather from the last few pages that the interview invites essentially went out over a couple hour timeframe. Are they not continuing to send out interview invites all day?

not over a couple hours - all invites come out at once, exactly at noon (give or take a minute). There is still next week!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Does everyone have this when they log out?

"Post Interview Reflection: In-Progress"
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  43   44   45   46   47   48   49  ...  64   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts