Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi,

Does anyone when the waitlist goes out for round 2? I'm not talking about round 1 waitlisters getting interviewed in round 2. Just wanted to understand when the list for round 2 goes out.
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
rodrigoj wrote:
hunterashmore wrote:
rodrigoj wrote:
Hi, I just got the invite today, kind of surprised as I was told that I was too old for HBS (I'm 31).

I live in Brazil and while I know that HBS says that interviewing off-campus doesn't hurt your chances, do you guys think that doing an on-campus interview might in some way increase the odds of being accepted?

Thanks!

out of curiosity, who told you that you were too old (I'm also 31, btw).

I don't think it hurts your chances per se, but I felt being on campus helped. Not just from an interview standpoint - you can do a class visit, tour campus and Boston, and get a feel for the type of people you will be surrounded by for the next two years. That whole experience made me even more sure that HBS is where I want to be, and I honestly think that kind of excitement helps when you interview.

I have a few friends who are my age but have already graduated from their MBA at a top 5 schools, and they told me that my odds were very slim due to my age. I realize they probably aren't the most knowledgable people on the subject...

I leaning heavily towards going to campus despite the costs, and what you said makes perfect sense if you get excited about the program that enthusiasm will most likely help in the interview.

Thanks again!

Average age at top MBA programs is mostly a function of average age of applicants. Think back to your freshman year courses at undergrad--probably didn't have many 22 year-olds sitting next to you, right? That's because most people applying to undergrad are in the 17-19 age range.

Same deal for MBA programs. Most "traditional" applicants to top business schools finish undergrad, head to a big-name bank or consulting firm, and get on a track that leads them to business school 2-4 years later if they're a top performer. If someone has been at Goldman or McKinsey for 8 years and hasn't been admitted to business school, then it's probably because they haven't stood out (relative to their peers) to the extent necessary to impress an adcom. So when they're applying at the age of 30, it raises some red flags....namely, "why didn't this guy start his MBA 4 years ago?"

Non-traditional applicants (engineers, entrepreneurs, military, Teach for America, etc.) aren't on the same standard career timeline, so they're not "penalized" for applying later in life.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
djy2378 wrote:
hunterashmore wrote:
rodrigoj wrote:
Hi, I just got the invite today, kind of surprised as I was told that I was too old for HBS (I'm 31).

I live in Brazil and while I know that HBS says that interviewing off-campus doesn't hurt your chances, do you guys think that doing an on-campus interview might in some way increase the odds of being accepted?

Thanks!

out of curiosity, who told you that you were too old (I'm also 31, btw).

I don't think it hurts your chances per se, but I felt being on campus helped. Not just from an interview standpoint - you can do a class visit, tour campus and Boston, and get a feel for the type of people you will be surrounded by for the next two years. That whole experience made me even more sure that HBS is where I want to be, and I honestly think that kind of excitement helps when you interview.

Age 31 certainly wouldn't count towards your favor. More and more H/S are going after younger kids. Harsh, but it's the truth. Don't see how that is contributing to the Case Method...really.

Really? https://poetsandquants.com/2012/09/06/at ... -in-vogue/

I'm really curious - can you explain how a teaching method that draws on the combined experience of the class room would not benefit from having some people with a few extra years from which to pull?

EBM wrote:
Non-traditional applicants (engineers, entrepreneurs, military, Teach for America, etc.) aren't on the same standard career timeline, so they're not "penalized" for applying later in life.

Agreed 100%. As both an entrepreneur and engineer, I am glad I waited a bit longer - my goals are far clearer now than they were when I was 25 and fresh out of my M.S.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [4]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kudos
1 - Congrats to everyone who received an interview invite today!!! I was tied up all day in meetings, otherwise I would have been in the chat with you.

2 - I saw a few questions related to waitlist, etc that weren't answered (at least that I saw), so I'll answer them here.

--> Only interview invites were sent out today. No rejections. No wait lists.
--> Next week, one of the following will happen:
Interview invitation (Possible, but low probability given R1 #s quoted earlier. Don't lose hope!!! Hunter was invited to interview from R1 in the 2nd week!)
Wait list invitation for R2 candidates
Ding for R1 waitlisted kids + R2 applicants

3 - I posted awhile back about resources I used for interview prep and some other R1 admits have done the same. I can promise you that I agree 100% with everything that we have written. USE THE RESOURCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naraenks7 wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone when the waitlist goes out for round 2? I'm not talking about round 1 waitlisters getting interviewed in round 2. Just wanted to understand when the list for round 2 goes out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hbsguru wrote:
noHBSinvite wrote:
Have been reading the forums, but have never posted until now. Not to be arrogant, but for certain reasons was confident I'd get an invite (now pretty surprised I didn't). What are the typical reasons that people with the right HBS profile don't get invites? Can give more info on myself if anyone wants to venture a guess why I didn't get the invite.

NOT SAYING THIS IS YOU BUT IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE

1 you actually have an unclear+ incorrect idea of what a typical "should get interview" profile is.
2. your recs were sub-par (compared to recs fr. peer group) and also hinted at
deal-breaker reasons which were in your app, e.g. smart but not team player, wld not be good in
case method setting for lotsa intangible reasons--all of this real, real subtle, but one small fart can kill you in this setting
3. you are in a disliked or over-crowded sector (finance) and again lots of small things in app got adcom lady's nose bent out of joint
4. bad luck or unfair outcome --e.g. you are right.
5 Of the above, number 1 is MOST freq.

Again, this is generic, don't know much about you except this odd and un-self-aware post, so good luck and write back next week and
tell us all to jump in a lake.
Real easy question for you: what is record of your current firm of placing kids at HBS or getting interviews, if over 50 pct, then
number 1 above is prob. not the case. If firm has no track record or little success, well, it could be No 1 above.

Sandy, thank you for your input. Apologies if my post(s) offended you. Just confused given the diversified feedback I have been given over the last 6-8 months. Out of curiosity, what is the answer to point #1 (ie who a typical interview invite person is)? My company has a very good track record with HBS, so guessing it was one of the little things you mentioned that kept me out. Thanks again for your feedback.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
According to the HBS Applicant Summary on the first page only 6% of the R2 applicants pool have been invited to interview. This number should be around 20% if our sample is representative (I believe not only its representative, but biased towards stronger profiles). Thus, a lot of invitations is yet to come on Feb 6 (or many forum members haven't yet changed their status to "invited").
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
dpulavarthi wrote:
So basically tomorrow if you see an email from HBS MBA admissions flash on your phone in a meeting, try to hide that smile! It has to be an invite :)

That is exactly what happened to me yesterday :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi guys,

thanks for the helpful information shared here
Congrats to all those who got invited, and for those who haven't - don't lose hope!

I just got the invite too and I'd like to seek ur opinion
I'm a Southeast-Asian. I'm deciding on interview locations among Shanghai (closest), Mumbai and Dubai
do you see any difference/advantage if I choose one location over another?

since I physically look quite Chinese, I assume that I might be more stand-out if I choose to go to Mumbai or Dubai. However, overall competition in Mumbai per se will be tougher than Shanghai (because Indians are so v. fluent in English). I have no idea abt Dubai
would these be fair assumptions or just my misconceptions?
also do you know the differences among interviewers at these 3 locations? I went through the discussion but still couldn't conclude which one is the most preferable

would appreciate any advice you have :)
thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
Send PM
A quick Question
Dee on her Admission blog entry on the 29th of Jan said that 2+2 applicants will recieve thier invitations on the 6th of Feb.
2+2 class profile 2016 mentioned that 102 candedates were admitted.
If we presume that 102 get permitted 50% on each round that means ( presuming the same number wll be addmitted this year) 51 will be permitted this round
on average HBS admitts 50% of thier interviewed candedates. that means 102 invitations will go out to 2+2 program applicants on the 6th of Feb.

if the trend contenues from R1 (800 invites of the first date and 100 invites of the second date)
this will lead to the conclusion ( no more invitations left for the none 2+2 applicants) who agrees with me or wishes to correct me if I am wrong !!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Mahmoud80 wrote:
A quick Question
Dee on her Admission blog entry on the 29th of Jan said that 2+2 applicants will recieve thier invitations on the 6th of Feb.
If we presume that 102 get permitted 50% on each round that means ( presuming the same number wll be addmitted this year) 51 will be permitted this round
on average HBS admitts 50% of thier interviewed candedates. that means 102 invitations will go out to 2+2 program applicants on the 6th of Feb.

if the trend contenues from R1 (800 invites of the first date and 100 invites of the second date)
this will lead to the conclusion ( no more invitations left for the none 2+2 applicants) who agrees with me or wishes to correct me if I am wrong !!

don't worry about sunk costs
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
Send PM
lennoxRU wrote:
Mahmoud80 wrote:
A quick Question

don't worry about sunk costs

Although I know it is a long shot but I can not help it but to worry , it will be an awful week.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Will they even waitlist anyone without an interview for R2? Seems unlikely, right?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
noHBSinvite wrote:
hbsguru wrote:
noHBSinvite wrote:
Have been reading the forums, but have never posted until now. Not to be arrogant, but for certain reasons was confident I'd get an invite (now pretty surprised I didn't). What are the typical reasons that people with the right HBS profile don't get invites? Can give more info on myself if anyone wants to venture a guess why I didn't get the invite.

NOT SAYING THIS IS YOU BUT IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE

1 you actually have an unclear+ incorrect idea of what a typical "should get interview" profile is.
2. your recs were sub-par (compared to recs fr. peer group) and also hinted at
deal-breaker reasons which were in your app, e.g. smart but not team player, wld not be good in
case method setting for lotsa intangible reasons--all of this real, real subtle, but one small fart can kill you in this setting
3. you are in a disliked or over-crowded sector (finance) and again lots of small things in app got adcom lady's nose bent out of joint
4. bad luck or unfair outcome --e.g. you are right.
5 Of the above, number 1 is MOST freq.

Again, this is generic, don't know much about you except this odd and un-self-aware post, so good luck and write back next week and
tell us all to jump in a lake.
Real easy question for you: what is record of your current firm of placing kids at HBS or getting interviews, if over 50 pct, then
number 1 above is prob. not the case. If firm has no track record or little success, well, it could be No 1 above.

Sandy, thank you for your input. Apologies if my post(s) offended you. Just confused given the diversified feedback I have been given over the last 6-8 months. Out of curiosity, what is the answer to point #1 (ie who a typical interview invite person is)? My company has a very good track record with HBS, so guessing it was one of the little things you mentioned that kept me out. Thanks again for your feedback.

Ahem, your post did not "offend me," stop reaching for cliches and try to be precise, I said it was un-self-aware, and others on this Forum picked up on that before me.
Moving right along, you may get an interview call next week and have the last laugh. I read your stats someplace, you are in finance, have in-line but not mega GPA and GMAT, and as you say, you work for a firm which has a very good track record at HBS, so that is real impt.
As I recall, you are one of those guys who after two years as an IB analyst was chosen to be the "dedicated "analyst for the COO or someone like that at your firm, that is a very special subset of IB analysts, and kids are chosen for that gig for two reasons, 1. they are real, real smart and BIG SHOT needs an ace analyst to help him on some big projects (e.g. firing lots of people, merging w. other company, take-over of smaller firm, usually internal to firm functioning and not client related, altho lots of variance); 2. you are not real, real smart, you are average smart, albeit in a high-performing peer group of IB analysts AND you are, for one reason or another, the type of guy some bigshot likes as his pet and dedicated analyst, those reasons can range fr. you being good looking, good fun, easy to get along with, can talk sports, are pleasant, and smart enough. Either one of the those profiles can lead to HBS, and has, the issue is what that bigshot guy wrote in his rec, about you, how it synchs up with the rest of the story, and you yourself executed in light of all that.
How many guys in that exact position, dedicated analyst, have gotten into HBS in years past, that is a more relevant question, altho I imagine it is sorta 45-60 pct, same as firm average. Can that bigshot do something this week for you? E.g call or contact admissions office? That can make a diff, esp. if your firm hires HBS grads, and hey, it is just a big circle jerk, which in many ways it is. I'm serious. IF you want to pursue this, contact me privately and I can help prep your guy, if he needs it, he will not be the first person in recorded history to do this.
Aside fr. all that, you are just on the bubble in general since you are solid, work for trad. feeder firm, and etc. Guys like you get in and dinged depending on execution, recs, and luck. My guess is, outcome within your micro bubble of IB white boy types fr. non-Ivy and non-prestige PE shops is pretty random, I mean not random in general, random versus the white boy fr. another IB with pretty similar stats who did get an invite.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Mahmoud80 wrote:
A quick Question

Honestly I was wondering that too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
aminor78 wrote:
Mahmoud80 wrote:
A quick Question

don't worry about this. all invites to 2+2 will be sent in wave 2. that's at least 200 invites. which means the R1 100 pro rata invites in wave 2 only refer to non 2+2 candidates.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: HBS '18 (II)
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
dreamharvard wrote:
aminor78 wrote:
Mahmoud80 wrote:
A quick Question

don't worry about this. all invites to 2+2 will be sent in wave 2. that's at least 200 invites. which means the R1 100 pro rata invites in wave 2 only refer to non 2+2 candidates.

102 candidates were admitted last year, correct, but there are - unlike the regular MBA process - 4 rounds for 2+2 (Summer round + the three rounds).

In each round, around 25 will be admitted.

So if they interview around 50% of the candidates, that means around 50 will be given interview invites per round....

Follow?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
ahem

HBS MOCK INTERVIEWS
I DO A LOT OF THEM

I did 60+ mock interviews for HBS round 1 this year, and know the players, the hubs, and new and old questions.
I did over 100+ mock interviews for HBS in Rounds 1 and 2 and 3 last year. Over the past 10 years, I have probably done over 800-1000 HBS mock interviews. My knowledge of how to prepare you for an HBS mock interview is based on those experiences.

I know typical HBS questions, including questions often asked of investment bankers, private equity, venture capital and hedge fund associates, and questions asked to those employed in non-profits, the military, manufacturing, and technology.
I know how to help you formulate your core story in ways which can be applied to many questions.
I can predict trouble areas in your application and help you come up with talking points to deal with them.
I can sense what your particular needs are in terms of presentation, for example, if you don't get to the point soon enough (a possibly fatal habit) or if you appear too aggressive or too arrogant or confident in the wrong way for often thin-skinned (and just plain thin) HBS interviewers (some of whom are predisposed not to like bankers).
I can help you create a back story for your goals which creates a solid platform for Why MBA, Why HBS?
I can help you prepare a strong answer to the question "Why should we take you?" This questions is often asked in several forms:
"What can YOU contribute to case method discussion based on background and experience?"
"How will your classmates remember you?"
"How have you grown as a leader?"
I can calm you down, although that will not be the first thing that happens.
I can help you formulate answers to 'ice-breaker' questions such as:
"I already know you from your application, just tell me what you think the three defining moments in your life are?"
"Pretend I have not read your application and I just met you. Tell me who you are, what you've done, and where you want to be 15 years?"
I can help prepare you to face such recently popular questions as:
"What is one thing that is not immediately apparent about you to others?"
"How would your friends describe you?"
"How has the financial crisis impacted you, your friends, your industry and your goals?"

THE PROCESS:THE MOCK INTERVIEW IS DONE BY PHONE.
If you want a mock HBS interview, send me an email to hbsguru@gmail.com, telling me when your interview is, what time zone you are in, what days and times are good for you, and attaching a resume. I will reply back w. dates and times, etc. Then you send me a pdf of your application. Mock interviews take about 60-70 minutes. The price is $450.00 dollars USD. You pay me when we speak and do the interview.
Some quick testimonials here, 100 % true and un-edited.

Sandy was just an unbelievable resource for me in my preparation for the interview. In one 90 minute conversation, Sandy helped me figure out my pitch, told me exactly what mistakes I would be prone to making, and got me very comfortable with the universe of questions that I would be facing. It was terrific preparation for the interview, but the session has changed how I approach interviews in general. Sandy's candid insights about how I come across have helped me develop my sense of self-awareness, and genuinely were a great contributor to being accepted to Harvard Business School.

Sandy was great help in prepping me for my interview at HBS. I decided to use Sandy's services after a ding (w/ interview) from Sloan ... and knew that I didn't want to make the same mistakes. Sandy and I discussed what I did wrong in my Sloan interview, and then he coached me through common questions in the HBS interview.

It was a fairly interactive process. After I answered each question, he gave his reaction on what was working and what wasn't. He was professional, but didn't pull any punches ... and it was exactly that kind of critical feedback that I needed! By the end of the session, I felt I had learned some concrete tips for how to crystallize my story, and I knew what I needed to think about / work on as my interview approached.

Additionally, Sandy sent me an extensive list of commonly asked questions in HBS interviews. This was EXTREMELY helpful in my prep. When my actual interview happened, there were no curveballs, as I felt prepared to answer each question that my interviewer asked.

In the end ... success!! I was admitted to HBS, and I'm SO excited to start next year. Thanks, Sandy!

Sandy pretty much tore me a new ***hole during the first ten minutes of our mock interview. And not just on the content, but on the delivery. Initially, I'd ramble with my answers. But Sandy doesn't mess around. "Skip anything extraneous to the answer. Just answer
the **** question," he told me bluntly. Each interview question with Sandy is followed up with how he might answer the question in my shoes. Of course, he helped me with the wording of my responses, but more importantly, helped generate realistic answers using my background and my application. This was invaluable, as he often came up with more impressive ways to say essentially the same stuff. When it came time for the HBS interview, I had practiced what Sandy had taught me, and the answers flowed out smoothly. It worked -- I'm off to HBS.

I'm the gal from [ASIA] who rambled a lot during our mock interview ;-p
I wanted to share this great news with you. As you might have already assumed from the title, yes, I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was two in the morning here . . .and I was up till then, waiting for the result nervously. And...you can imagine my joy and excitement to get the admission note!

Thank you so much for your support during the interview preparation. You did help me a lot and gave me a lot of great tips even after we finished our mock interview. Now I can really meet you in Boston '-p

$300 and 90 minutes of interview prep with Sandy made the difference between an acceptance letter and a ding at HBS. Prospective applicants will not find a consultant with more insight into the admissions process, nor one with the interview coaching skills that Sandy commands. (I commented during my session that he should be a press secretary; turns out he was the Director of Communications at Sloan.) Admissions interviews only vaguely resemble typical job interviews, and Sandy prepped me for questions that I received but would have never considered pertinent. Prior to my session with Sandy, I had read stacks of MBA admissions books and read interview guides. Good enough? Hardly. Don't try to skimp or take chances on some Johnny-come-lately imitator.

I felt like I was going to my HBS interview unprepared and disinterested. Sandy straightened me up and got me to focus. He also gave me detailed and honest feedback which I used to better convey what I wanted to get across in my interview. I walked in confident and composed, breezed through the interview, and got into HBS thanks to Sandy s interview prep.

Sandy's guidance in my preparation for the HBS interview was simply amazing - I mean it fully. Sandy gave me some really useful pieces of advice which enabled me to present a very distinct picture of myself in the 30 minute interview. The other thing that I liked about Sandy was his continuous support even after we finished the mock interview session. I think that without Sandy's support, I would not have been able to make it through the interview. Thanks a ton, Sandy! To all the future HBS aspirants - "If you really want to get a mock interview session, start with Sandy's

Sandy,

With tonnes of help from three of my best friends who are at HBS already, I felt that I had received all the prep I needed in order to ace my application and interview. But to be on the “safe side”, I decided $300 was a small price to pay for fresh eyes and a fresh grilling – and I’m glad I did. You helped me frame my answers in ways that impressed even me! And your help and mock questions made me super relaxed during my interview - I didn’t get a single question I was not prepared for!

Still buzzing from the high of receiving my offer – will have to buy you that beer in October!

"Sandy was an invaluable resource during MBA interview prep. My first mock interview for HBS was with him, and later I had a bunch of mock interviews with some other MBA prep companies and friends - and Sandy's was way more hard-hitting and dug into my application and really asked a bunch of tough questions. The feedback I received from Sandy was also very detailed. If you appreciate blunt, honest and straightforward advice, then you'll work well with him. Sandy, thanks for helping me get into HBS and Wharton!"

Sandy,

As predicted in your email below, I have been admitted to HBS!!

Thank you very much for your help. The advice you provided definitely gave me the edge I needed to be more confident and sharp during the interview.

I will be recommending your service to a lot of my friends!

[the two emails below are typical post-interview back-and-forth between me and the above candiddate]

Subject: Re: HBS Interview Debrief
haha, sounds real good, dude, you cert passed the interview and may have added some cred to your story.
Sounds good in the most impt ways--sure, you can always replay the thing 20 times, and come up w. better answers but that is not what it is about--it is about not screwing up and you did not.
this was good.
sk

At 09:45 PM 11/19/2009, you wrote:
I think I did well. I didn't stumble on anything and got my main points across. She was able to ask me all the questions she had prepared without rushing, which is always a good thing.
The one positive feedback I got was in relation to the last question (the one we prepared).
INT: "Is there anything else you wish I would've asked?".
ME: "I'm sure you see a lot of candidates from developing countries who say they're going to go back to change things there and never actually do. You might want me to tell you why you should believe me."
INT: "That's a very good question to which I'd love to know the answer."
ME: I said something along the lines of what we had prepared, i,e. I was not just born in _____, it's also my one and only citizenship, all my family still lives there, I go back as often as I can (once a year), and I am already involved in several social enterprise projects there.
INT: "I'm very glad you asked and answered that question. Thank you very much."

I'm now in over-analysis mode, i.e. replaying all my answers in my mind and thinking about what I should / shouldn't have said....

After I was invited for an Interview I decided to use Sandy's interview prep. Overall it was great in helping me prepare. It helped me focus on the right things and helped me figure out the best way to express the message I was trying to convey. Sandy was key in my acceptance to HBS!

Sandy,
Mark one up for the mysterious black box of HBS admissions - I got in!
Thank you for your help with interview prep. Your feedback and prep strategies were incredible and it was great chatting with you as well.
Your forum and blog helped me through 8 long dark months of waitlist and re-app process. Please keep up the amazing work. Best of luck to you!

If you are interviewing with HBS, you should definitely consider getting Sandy to coach you.

Here are the reasons.

1. He knows the questions asked in the past few years - he will share those with you so you can prepare better by yourself.
2. He knows the 'model' answers, and how to best present them - he will share those answers and coach you to present them well
3. After the interview, he will give you a candid assessment of how he thinks it went - his feedback will be useful for the next time (although hopefully you get in and do not need to reapply)

I felt that I received the best interview preparation from Sandy, and I highly recommend him.

HBS class of 2012"
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  45   46   47   48   49   50   51  ...  64   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts