Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:18 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Entropia wrote:
Any thoughts on what is the order for sending out interview invites? -- by strength of application/ by region or country?

I am a candidate from India, and yet waiting for an interview notification. Wondering if any one from India has got an invite.

Definitely all strength of app....they post it all over the faq page.

As some would say: Come on man!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
SauravD wrote:
@Msgorgeous - could you please provide more details like the date when you applied and when your application went into "under review" status?

Submitted on nov.24, around two weeks later, it's under review. For others who submit later than me, you should not worry, there's still time left. Believe in urselves
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Entropia wrote:
Any thoughts on what is the order for sending out interview invites? -- by strength of application/ by region or country?

I am a candidate from India, and yet waiting for an interview notification. Wondering if any one from India has got an invite.

I have heard that is NOT by strength of app.

Someone else who may know sth about it?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Peruvian2013 wrote:
Entropia wrote:

I have heard that is NOT by strength of app.

Someone else who may know sth about it?

Posted from my mobile device

I think it's totally random.

Definitely not strength of app since that would mean they'd have to review all apps first, put them in order and then start inviting people.
Also, I don't think they'd do it based on region, you can see that people from all over the world are getting invites in no particular order. They may give apps from the same region to the same people to review to get a better picture of applicants from a particular region though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Yeah, they've said it multiple times that it's totally random.

I'm clinging to that hope since I still haven't heard anything!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.48
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Had my interview. Aside from the standard questions, my discussion included the following:
- What do you find most frustrating at work?
- How do you define "intelligence"?

All in all I was very happy with the interview experience. My alum was very personable, seemed interested in the questions he was asking and the responses I was giving and pried deeper in a few areas. Consistent with a lot of commentary on Haas interviews I would say it seemed to be mostly about discerning "fit", but I could be misinterpreting. In any case the experience helped me confirm the notions I previously had about the culture of the school community.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but he mentioned that Haas interviewers are not provided with any part of your application except for your CV, and that he was expected to provide his feedback within 24 hrs (not 100% sure if that was a school mandate or his own habit).
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
It has been very quite for last 3 to 4 days in terms of interview invites. I wonder if they will release a bunch in next week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Just saw the dreaded update in my status:
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision. "

Can almost hear the DING ....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
shinestar wrote:
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision. "

Have the same message under my status report as well. So Wait list w/o interview is the only possibility left?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Entropia wrote:
shinestar wrote:

Have the same message under my status report as well. So Wait list w/o interview is the only possibility left?

Yeah, but knowing how things works out for me, I am not keeping any expectations :o
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
shinestar wrote:

Isn't that what it's always said when it's been under review (ever since submissions started being reviewed by the AdCom) or did the wording change?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
genericuser1 wrote:
shinestar wrote:

Isn't that what it's always said when it's been under review (ever since submissions started being reviewed by the AdCom) or did the wording change?

If you browse into earlier discussion of the thread, you will see that many people had seen their status changed to this prior to the interview invites. I actually remember some posted said that he/she got interview invite week after his/her status changed like this. Maybe there is nothing to be assumed at this stage?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nickey11 wrote:
genericuser1 wrote:
shinestar wrote:

If you browse into earlier discussion of the thread, you will see that many people had seen their status changed to this prior to the interview invites. I actually remember some posted said that he/she got interview invite week after his/her status changed like this. Maybe there is nothing to be assumed at this stage?

Hmm, I think I missed that. My status initially said something like "Application under review" . . . "we will contact you in case .... material missing ...." and it changed to the above today. Interesting, paradise not lost yet .....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yeah, the Under Review message doesn't mean anything. Patience, my friends.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Here are my 2 cents on the Status changes:

The Applilcation status remains in "Application under review" as soon as they have verified that all your documents are present.

Status description (when you click on "status report" on the main screen) is what changes and this will give you an idea as to when exactly the adcom guys start reviewing your application.

Stage 1: The description reads something like " Your application is ready for review......" and under additional notes they put in comments if they will need your official transcripts etc at a later stage if you are invited for interview

Stage 2: When the adcom guys actually pick your application for review, the status description changes to this -
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"

Once your status description changes to this, you can start looking for an interview invite. Now, nobody knows how long it takes to get interview invites after Stage 2. Some got it in a week, others even longer..... probably based on how may hands your application passed through or based on availability of an alum for interview etc etc.

So all of you whose status description reads like whats mentioned under stage 1, do not panic until you reach stage 2.
others under stage 2, hope for the best!!

Mine is in stage 2 from 18th and I am in a panic mode right now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
SauravD wrote:
Here are my 2 cents on the Status changes:

The Applilcation status remains in "Application under review" as soon as they have verified that all your documents are present.

Status description (when you click on "status report" on the main screen) is what changes and this will give you an idea as to when exactly the adcom guys start reviewing your application.

Stage 1: The description reads something like " Your application is ready for review......" and under additional notes they put in comments if they will need your official transcripts etc at a later stage if you are invited for interview

Stage 2: When the adcom guys actually pick your application for review, the status description changes to this -
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"

Once your status description changes to this, you can start looking for an interview invite. Now, nobody knows how long it takes to get interview invites after Stage 2. Some got it in a week, others even longer..... probably based on how may hands your application passed through or based on availability of an alum for interview etc etc.

So all of you whose status description reads like whats mentioned under stage 1, do not panic until you reach stage 2.
others under stage 2, hope for the best!!

Mine is in stage 2 from 18th and I am in a panic mode right now.

This is really insightful. Thanks for the sharing. Mine's still in Stage 1, so I probably should spend the weekend on watching Home Land... Good luck, fellas!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Mine's been in stage 2 for the past 3-4 weeks probably. I just want to knowwwww.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts