Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:03 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 747 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63649 [3]
Given Kudos: 1773
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 562
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Re: Additional packs outside of Question Pack 1 for GMATPrep Sof [#permalink]
If you have used your GMAT prep tests twice already, I will suggest to go through the collection of GMAT prep questions as well. Obviously, if you take your test after attempting these, you might get an unreasonable bump.

You will find these collections on each of the sub forums on GC (CR/RC/SC/PS/DS).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
If you have used your GMAT prep tests twice already, I will suggest to go through the collection of GMAT prep questions as well. Obviously, if you take your test after attempting these, you might get an unreasonable bump.

You will find these collections on each of the sub forums on GC (CR/RC/SC/PS/DS).

jumsumtak, ( whats your name ? :) )

Thanks for your advice but I have solved almost all the questions from gmatprep as well.. I was wondering how good questions from question pack 1 are.
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63649 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Yes, I'm a huge fan of using LSAT CR and RC questions, and there's a really long, wordy post about it on my blog if you're curious. https://www.gmatninja.com/2012/11/12/lsa ... rehension/

But to save yourself a click (and some unpleasant reading?), here's the short version: the LSAT basically tests the same skills (reading precision and logical precision) as the GMAT CR and RC, and the passages are generally more difficult on the LSAT. For some people, the LSAT materials will be way too hard, but if your reading skills are pretty good, they'll give you a really good workout, and they'll train you to stay focused while you power your way through dense, boring, nuanced, annoying texts.

There are some cosmetic differences between the LSAT and the GMAT, though. The LSAT has a few question types that rarely appear on the GMAT (most notably parallel reasoning), but I think they're still good practice, since the underlying skills needed to handle parallel reasoning questions are basically the same: phenomenally precise reading and careful reasoning.

And best of all, there's an almost limitless supply of retired LSAT questions out there, so you don't really have to worry about running out of material. LSAT passages are longer and the language is pretty brutal, but my hope is that after you do tons of LSAT stuff, the language on GMAT CR and RC won't look quite as difficult.

Enjoy! OK, fine... you won't enjoy them. But I hope they help!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
GMATNinja wrote:
Yes, I'm a huge fan of using LSAT CR and RC questions, and there's a really long, wordy post about it on my blog if you're curious. https://www.gmatninja.com/2012/11/12/lsa ... rehension/

But to save yourself a click (and some unpleasant reading?), here's the short version: the LSAT basically tests the same skills (reading precision and logical precision) as the GMAT CR and RC, and the passages are generally more difficult on the LSAT. For some people, the LSAT materials will be way too hard, but if your reading skills are pretty good, they'll give you a really good workout, and they'll train you to stay focused while you power your way through dense, boring, nuanced, annoying texts.

There are some cosmetic differences between the LSAT and the GMAT, though. The LSAT has a few question types that rarely appear on the GMAT (most notably parallel reasoning), but I think they're still good practice, since the underlying skills needed to handle parallel reasoning questions are basically the same: phenomenally precise reading and careful reasoning.

And best of all, there's an almost limitless supply of retired LSAT questions out there, so you don't really have to worry about running out of material. LSAT passages are longer and the language is pretty brutal, but my hope is that after you do tons of LSAT stuff, the language on GMAT CR and RC won't look quite as difficult.

Enjoy! OK, fine... you won't enjoy them. But I hope they help!

Thanks ninja, it seems that we gotto sharpen our skills to a higher level than what are tested on the gmat so that we don't get knocked off and we comfortably handle the verbal section.
and yeah I read your blog.. very well written! :)
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63649 [0]

Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you, Sachin! Much appreciated.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
:)

I am yet to buy question pack 1..
how good are they? from your blog, I understand that practicing from official sources is the best way to prepare but I have read that that pack doesn't contain many tough questions. .
what are your thoughts on this?
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63649 [1]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Funny, that's exactly the topic of next week's blog post, Sachin: a commentary on why you should buy the GMATPrep Question Pack. Are you reading my mind again? :-D

Yes, it's true that some of the GMATPrep Question Pack questions are really easy, but there are still plenty of tougher ones in there. Out of the 494 questions in the Question Pack (including the 90 that are included in the software for free), you'll get 146 "easy" questions, 199 "medium" questions, and 149 "hard" questions. The "easy" questions are usually really easy. But the hard ones are often pretty ugly, in my opinion... though ugly is always in the eye of the beholder, so it depends on how strong your skills are.

So even if we completely ignore the easy questions and the 90 questions that you'll get for free, you'll still have almost 300 new "medium" and "hard" questions. There's nothing better than official questions, and you're about to spend $250 taking the test... and several hundred thousand dollars on an MBA investment, including a year or two of lost wages. What's an extra $25, in the scheme of things? I'm pretty convinced that they're worth the price.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
GMATNinja wrote:
Funny, that's exactly the topic of next week's blog post, Sachin: a commentary on why you should buy the GMATPrep Question Pack. Are you reading my mind again? :-D

Yes, it's true that some of the GMATPrep Question Pack questions are really easy, but there are still plenty of tougher ones in there. Out of the 494 questions in the Question Pack (including the 90 that are included in the software for free), you'll get 146 "easy" questions, 199 "medium" questions, and 149 "hard" questions. The "easy" questions are usually really easy. But the hard ones are often pretty ugly, in my opinion... though ugly is always in the eye of the beholder, so it depends on how strong your skills are.

So even if we completely ignore the easy questions and the 90 questions that you'll get for free, you'll still have almost 300 new "medium" and "hard" questions. There's nothing better than official questions, and you're about to spend $250 taking the test... and several hundred thousand dollars on an MBA investment, including a year or two of lost wages. What's an extra $25, in the scheme of things? I'm pretty convinced that they're worth the price.

Thanks Charles. My dilemma's gone.. I am buying the question pack now :twisted:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63649 [0]

Send PM
Expert Reply
Awesome! Did I mention that GMAC pays me a commission on every GMATPrep Question Pack I sell?

Just kidding. Have fun with those questions, Sachin!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
GMATNinja wrote:
What's an extra $25, in the scheme of things? I'm pretty convinced that they're worth the price.

I concur.

you would always be better off practicing official questions. ~400 questions for $25 is a bargain. It is in fact, great use of your time and money.

best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 610 Q42 V32
Send PM
Guys ,
Can you please tell me if it is okay to practice with the Question Pack 1 ? I have already written GMAT Prep 1 Test 1.... So want to know if practising from the GMATPrep QP1 ... will get the test scores for GMAT Prep Test#2 skewed ? Also, Is it more advisable to practice the Question Pack 1 at the final stages of preparation ?

Any help is highly appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot