Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 2.98
WE:Underwriter (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
cinder4277 wrote:
Applied R2 to Darden - just got confirmation email/password

Same here
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
bftw wrote:
cinder4277 wrote:
Applied R2 to Darden - just got confirmation email/password

Same here

I got it too..but they have not mentioned anything about when they are going to decide whom they are going to invite for interviews. Already got DENIED decision from Johnson. Very stressed now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Just got the alert from Darden that my app was submitted (it was a weird password reset email actually), and an interview request same day.

Haven't heard a peep from UCLA, invites from Darden and Tepper so far.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
Interview invite from UCLA this afternoon. (R2)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
cole2012 wrote:
Interview invite from UCLA this afternoon. (R2)

Congrats! Do you mind me asking if you had heard anything from them prior to the interview invite? I've received confirmation from Marshall and Haas, but haven't heard anything from UCLA, but if they didn't contact you prior to you invite, then I suppose I should just keep hoping for the time being.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
No, I had not heard anything from UCLA prior to the invite.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
peeweeninja wrote:
So who is going to the consortium interview day? I'm very excited about Michigan! It's my #1 choice!

I was thinking about going. Did you decide to go? Have you booked your flights and such?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
helpmehelpme wrote:
always read the footnotes ;) can miss out on critical info if you dont haha

not to be harsh but there are more than a few schools that do this already. if everyone does it then you get to see a lot more of the country i guess ;) and if every school would do this then less people would apply to all the schools then yields would go up and maybe less waitlisting?!

life sucks, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do :) im sure if you have them highly ranked on your CGSM app and you end up getting the consortium fellowship with them the few hundred you spend on visiting will be a very moot point :)

overall in the b school pool many would kill to spend a few hundred bucks to visit and have a high chance at a fellowship. its worth it

Better Chances Not Interviewing On-Campus

(1) Paying for an expensive trip signals that the applicant may be financially well-off and thus may not even need a scholarship at all, (2) Even if the applicant is poor and still visits, schools might get the impression that those applicants might matriculate even without a fellowship offered (i.e. Students Loans, etc.), (3) Don't invade Troy for a Southern Belle who invites you over for a first date. Gentleman, admission is still not guaranteed. That's true no matter how much money is spent on her... :shock:

Most Lawyer's Favorite Footnote of All-Time
Footnote #4 in United States v. Carolene Products Co., 304 U.S. 144 (1938) in part, reads "whether prejudice against discrete and insular minorities may be a special condition, which tends seriously to curtail the operation of those political processes ordinarily to be relied upon to protect minorities"... :wink:

MediumOil2013 wrote:
I recieved the confirmation email from Stern too, and I'm definitely interested in an NYC happy hour.

As a side note, rrossjd, I think you should protest Darden's absurd on-site interview requirement by withdrawing your application :)

Rule Makes Darden An Even Better School
Just think its absurd that the rule applies to me in Texas, otherwise my own personal understanding of what motivates the rule's adoption, why it wasn't stated up-front on the Consortium application, and what results are likely achieved thanks to the rule actually makes me want to attend Darden even more and not want to withdraw my application. Sorry... :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
rrossjd wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:

not to be harsh but there are more than a few schools that do this already. if everyone does it then you get to see a lot more of the country i guess ;) and if every school would do this then less people would apply to all the schools then yields would go up and maybe less waitlisting?!

life sucks, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do :) im sure if you have them highly ranked on your CGSM app and you end up getting the consortium fellowship with them the few hundred you spend on visiting will be a very moot point :)

overall in the b school pool many would kill to spend a few hundred bucks to visit and have a high chance at a fellowship. its worth it

(1) Paying for an expensive trip signals that the applicant may be financially well-off and thus may not even need a scholarship at all, (2) Even if the applicant is poor and still visits, schools might get the impression that those applicants might matriculate even without a fellowship offered (i.e. Students Loans, etc.), (3) Don't invade Troy for a Southern Belle who invites you over for a first date. Gentleman, admission is still not guaranteed. That's true no matter how much money is spent on her... :shock:

Footnote #4 in United States v. Carolene Products Co., 304 U.S. 144 (1938) in part, reads "whether prejudice against discrete and insular minorities may be a special condition, which tends seriously to curtail the operation of those political processes ordinarily to be relied upon to protect minorities"... :wink:

MediumOil2013 wrote:
I recieved the confirmation email from Stern too, and I'm definitely interested in an NYC happy hour.

As a side note, rrossjd, I think you should protest Darden's absurd on-site interview requirement by withdrawing your application :)

Just think its absurd that the rule applies to me in Texas, otherwise my own personal understanding of what motivates the rule's adoption, why it wasn't stated up-front on the Consortium application, and what results are likely achieved thanks to the rule actually makes me want to attend Darden even more and not want to withdraw my application. Sorry... :(

Sorry, but I must disagree with you on your point #1. If you are invited to participate on a diversity day interview, it gives you a chance to meet with the the ad coms focused on diversity recruiting, who ultimately decide who to give fellowships to. By not going, you are missing out on an opportunity to make a positive impression and the ad coms quite frankly won't know why you are more qualified to receive a fellowship than someone else who actually attended and demonstrated interest. I know someone who received a fellowship a few years ago to a consortium school, and is now active in that school's interview process. He outright told me that it is advantageous to go to events if you are able to do so.

As for the in-person interviews overall -- I agree that they are inconvenient, but they say 90% of communication is non-verbal, so it makes some sense that these schools want to see you live, rather than talking with you over the phone or Skype.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rrossjd wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:

MediumOil2013 wrote:

I completely disagree.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Just got invited for a interview at Yale SOM!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
AtaQuye wrote:
Sorry, but I must disagree with you on your point #1. If you are invited to participate on a diversity day interview, it gives you a chance to meet with the the ad coms focused on diversity recruiting, who ultimately decide who to give fellowships to. By not going, you are missing out on an opportunity to make a positive impression and the ad coms quite frankly won't know why you are more qualified to receive a fellowship than someone else who actually attended and demonstrated interest. I know someone who received a fellowship a few years ago to a consortium school, and is now active in that school's interview process. He outright told me that it is advantageous to go to events if you are able to do so.

As for the in-person interviews overall -- I agree that they are inconvenient, but they say 90% of communication is non-verbal, so it makes some sense that these schools want to see you live, rather than talking with you over the phone or Skype.

No need to apologize, I agree with all your very valid points. Until now, in my lifetime, I've almost always shelled out the money to interview for that dream internship or job and never gotten the position. And, after failing so many times in the past, it's time to learn from those experiences and do things better in the future. For example, whenever schools are in my local area, I have and will continue to take advantage of those opportunities.

Additionally, by not understanding why applicants like me cannot visit far away campuses, schools are missing out on opportunities to make a positive impression and demonstrate interest as well. Namely, to access all those advantages you mentioned that flow from an on-campus interview, one must first possess the financial means and personal budget to incur related travel expenses. Simply put, I just don't have that kind of money at present.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
kriddick2 wrote:
Just got invited for a interview at Yale SOM!

Congrats!!

That's one of my top schools, but still no love from Yale and Berkeley
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any Rd 2 folks hear from Ross today on interviews?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
I think haas sent out login info for round 2 today, I had received the confirmation email prior

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
andddd r2 anderson invite received yest
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Still waiting on Goizueta...it looks like their R3 applicants (1/18 deadline) are starting to get interview invites.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts