Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2013 (Dartmouth) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
niksworth wrote:
rocky312 wrote:
Applied in the January round and got an interview invite yesterday.

I've heard that Tuck interviews are all about 'fit' - how they really want to see how well you fit into Tuck's culture, your team work etc.

Is there anything else that Tuck particularly focuses on in the interviews? Would love any help I can get! Also I'll be interviewing over skype.

Congratulations! My advice would be - focus on teamwork, know your strength and weaknesses well, demonstrate your knowledge about and fit with Tuck and, needless to say, communicate smoothly. [Tip: Refer to Clearadmit guide online]

A word on 'fit'. As per my understanding of the process, 'fit' is a very important, perhaps even an added admission criteria at Tuck unlike some of the other schools. It is important to convey how one's history exemplifies he /she will fit into the culture of the school. However, it's not the be all, end all and comes only after other aspects of one's candidature viz leadership, teamwork, intellectual ability are sufficiently demonstrated.

Thanks niksworth! This helps a lot :) I'm going to be interviewing via Skype too. I've emailed the adcom asking for a date for the Skype interview but haven't received a response yet (been 5 days). Has anyone else interviewing via Skype heard back from the adcom yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Guys, I just received a note from Tuck after submitted 35 days for Jan Round:

"Thank you for selecting the Tuck School of Business to receive your GMAT® results. We are delighted that you are interested in applying to Tuck, and we look forward to getting to know you as you embark on the application process.

If you have not visited us, we encourage you to make this the next step in your application process.Tuck is a pretty special place, and you can’t fully understand what sets us apart until you experience Tuck for yourself. Tuck's visit and interview season begins in mid-September and continues through mid-April for each admissions cycle.

Tuck’s open interview policy gives you the opportunity to put your best foot forward in a one-on-one conversation with a member of our interview team (usually a second-year student). While on campus, you will attend a class, have lunch with current students, tour our beautiful campus and participate in a question and answer session with a member of the Admissions team. While an applicant-initiated interview is not required to apply to Tuck, we strongly encourage you to consider including it as part of your application process.

Thank you for including Tuck among your choices for an MBA. We look forward to meeting you and reading your application!"

Does that mean the AO has just started to look on your application? Positive or negative? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
omnivorous wrote:

"Thank you for selecting the Tuck School of Business to receive your GMAT® results. We are delighted that you are interested in applying to Tuck, and we look forward to getting to know you as you embark on the application process.

If you have not visited us, we encourage you to make this the next step in your application process.Tuck is a pretty special place, and you can’t fully understand what sets us apart until you experience Tuck for yourself. Tuck's visit and interview season begins in mid-September and continues through mid-April for each admissions cycle.

Tuck’s open interview policy gives you the opportunity to put your best foot forward in a one-on-one conversation with a member of our interview team (usually a second-year student). While on campus, you will attend a class, have lunch with current students, tour our beautiful campus and participate in a question and answer session with a member of the Admissions team. While an applicant-initiated interview is not required to apply to Tuck, we strongly encourage you to consider including it as part of your application process.

Thank you for including Tuck among your choices for an MBA. We look forward to meeting you and reading your application!"

Does that mean the AO has just started to look on your application? Positive or negative? Thanks.

automatic system message confirming the receipt of your GMAT score, means nothing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
omnivorous wrote:

Not really. I also got this email few minutes back. Per earlier posts in this thread, you can see that Tuck send GMAT Score acknowledgement a little late. However, I think Tuck can access the online GMAT scores a lot quicker and usually that's what they do when reviewing applications (an admission team member had said this to me in her email).

On another note, I am R1 applicant and my heart skipped a beat when I saw the email with subject - "Thank You for Your Interest in the Tuck School of Business". Helluva timing !! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
djy2378 wrote:
omnivorous wrote:

automatic system message confirming the receipt of your GMAT score, means nothing.

The portal showed the score has been received a month back. Probably it is just the system falsely shot the gun... Well, I will try not to look too much into it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashinvi wrote:
omnivorous wrote:

Not really. I also got this email few minutes back. Per earlier posts in this thread, you can see that Tuck send GMAT Score acknowledgement a little late. However, I think Tuck can access the online GMAT scores a lot quicker and usually that's what they do when reviewing applications (an admission team member had said this to me in her email).

On another note, I am R1 applicant and my heart skipped a beat when I saw the email with subject - "Thank You for Your Interest in the Tuck School of Business". Helluva timing !! :)

Thought it was a ding, the title is very disappointing... Is this an automatic email to applicants when AO access the online GMAT? If so, it is a good indication of when AO actually starts reading application. However, I see you're in for R1, so probably this does not apply.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
According to Early Action cycle posts, November round congratulation calls will begin on 7 Feb at noon Hanover time and continue through the morning on the 8th. On the 7th, calls will prioritize international applicants and the next day US applicants, though a number of US based applicants have also reported receiving calls on the D-1 Day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
I received an interview invite on Friday. How much would it hurt my chances of admission to do the Skype interview vs. traveling to Hanover?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
rocky312 wrote:
niksworth wrote:
rocky312 wrote:
Applied in the January round and got an interview invite yesterday.

I've heard that Tuck interviews are all about 'fit' - how they really want to see how well you fit into Tuck's culture, your team work etc.

Is there anything else that Tuck particularly focuses on in the interviews? Would love any help I can get! Also I'll be interviewing over skype.

Congratulations! My advice would be - focus on teamwork, know your strength and weaknesses well, demonstrate your knowledge about and fit with Tuck and, needless to say, communicate smoothly. [Tip: Refer to Clearadmit guide online]

A word on 'fit'. As per my understanding of the process, 'fit' is a very important, perhaps even an added admission criteria at Tuck unlike some of the other schools. It is important to convey how one's history exemplifies he /she will fit into the culture of the school. However, it's not the be all, end all and comes only after other aspects of one's candidature viz leadership, teamwork, intellectual ability are sufficiently demonstrated.

Thanks niksworth! This helps a lot :) I'm going to be interviewing via Skype too. I've emailed the adcom asking for a date for the Skype interview but haven't received a response yet (been 5 days). Has anyone else interviewing via Skype heard back from the adcom yet?

In the same situation.. Been about 5 days since I e-mailed them to schedule a Skype interview, but haven't heard back. Anyone get their Skype interview scheduled yet?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Invited to interview.
I'm an international applicant, and will be interviewed via Skype.

Any tips/suggestions are welcomed! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
dougdoug wrote:
I received an interview invite on Friday. How much would it hurt my chances of admission to do the Skype interview vs. traveling to Hanover?

I'm guessing you're Stateside and in a position where you can afford to make the trip. Self-initiating the interview is one thing but its a different ball game when the school likes what they see on your app and invites you for an interview. As long as you don't have to spend a paycheck on it, I believe its worth traveling - to make a direct impression in-person and also to check out the campus while you're at it. I do know people who were in the country and got admitted after a skype interview, so its definitely not the end of the world. If I were you, I wouldn't take chances and would make the trip :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I applied the Jan round, and didn't receive any response now. Since the Nov round will begin to release offer, is it reasonable I assume game is over?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Thousands wrote:
I applied the Jan round, and didn't receive any response now. Since the Nov round will begin to release offer, is it reasonable I assume game is over?

If I remember correctly, the invites last went out end of last week (31st Jan or 1st Feb?) I think they will take a break from then till let's say the 10th, between which they will be calling admitted students in Nov round and also wrapping up that round. Hence, you may hear from them post that. This is also probably the reason why people who have sent emails to the adcom to schedule a Skype interview havent heard back as of yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
to all those considering skype - I'd travel to campus if in any way possible. When I was there for my self-initiated I probably lived the closest to Campus (Washington, DC). In addition to people from the West Coast (San Fran, Denver, Vancouver), there were people from Milan, Mumbai, New Delhi, Tokyo, and a whole host of other places. If they can make it for a self-initiated interview, I wonder how Tuck is going to look on people who Skype for an invited interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2015
Send PM
I went from Russia for an interview - and with me there was a guy who flew from South Korea for one day - he said that he arrived in Boston few hours ago to get back the same evening.

So, well, I'd assume that if you are an American applicant, you'd better to show up :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kjar wrote:
I went from Russia for an interview - and with me there was a guy who flew from South Korea for one day - he said that he arrived in Boston few hours ago to get back the same evening.

So, well, I'd assume that if you are an American applicant, you'd better to show up :)

Wow, this will make me feel better if I don't get accepted--didn't put that much into it in the first place...That's fair...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [3]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to the November Round folks. Good luck sleeping tonight! :P
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  60   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts